Good Luck

March 11, 2013

Happy Monday, everyone!  I hope your day has gone well so far!  I have worked on some cards, and after I write this blog post...I need to finish up editing some engagement photos that I took a couple weekends ago.  Well, maybe after I have some dinner actually.  :)

I have a gold & glittery St. Patrick's Day card to share with you today!  You can't tell very well in the photo, but I dry embossed the background with the WPlus9 chevron embossing plate, and then layered to my heart's content with tons of fun papers & embellishments.  I mixed three different stamp sets to get the look I was going for, and love how it turned out!  Here is what I created!
Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from white cardstock, then dry emboss the front with a chevron impression plate.
2. Cut two strips of patterned paper, and layer together with a label diecut to the card front.
3. Cut a strip of kraft chevron paper, and adhere at an angle to the lower part of the card.
4. Cut a scalloped paper strip, and adhere straight across the kraft strip.
5. Wrap charcoal twine around the seam, then top with a matching double bow & rhinestone.
6. Stamp & heat emboss the gold speech bubble, then cut out.
7. Cut out the green pennant, stamp the sentiment to it and adhere to the speech bubble.
8. Stamp & diecut the shamrock circle, and adhere to the top of the speech bubble with foam adhesive.
9. Layer a circle month sticker & a note block to the front.
10. Add the speech bubble sentiment over top of them with foam adhesive.
11. Accent with sequins a gold photo corner, tab & a gold jewel to finish.

Challenges:
-The Twinery March Challenge - Green & Chevron
-Moxie Fab World Card Creations Week Challenge - Chevron
-JustRite Friday Challenge #92 - Foam Adhesive
-Lawnscapings Challenge #53 - Texture











So, what do you think of my St. Patty's Day card full of green, gold & chevron?  I seriously love the flashes of gold here and there, mixed with the sequins & twine.  Such a fun card....don't you think?!  Ha! :)

Come on back over tomorrow when I share another guest design gig I have going on this month!  I am showcasing a super cute stamp set that you are going to just love!!  See you back here then!

Until later,
~L.

16 comments

  1. This card is composed perfectly! I love that Glitz chevron and love how you gold embossed the speech bubble. Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these colors are so good together! gold and green.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Looks so perfect!!! Great job at putting all the papers together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card! Thanks for playing with The Twinery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a creative card...thanks for joining us at The Twinery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card and design, Lea. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet card! Really like the button/bow combo. So happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow AMAZING! Thanks for playing along with The Twinery!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A really fun card. I like all the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow!! there's so much detailed work to create this beautiful card... love all those layers! Thank you for playing along with us at Lawnscaping

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lea, your cards are always a gift for the eyes! Love this so much, the touches of gold with green are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW Lea this is one of my favorite cards that you've made! Love the gold !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous design, love all the layering.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! What an amazing collection of beauty!! Thanks for sharing with us at JustRite Inspiration ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Lea! Thanks for linking this up to the Chevron Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥