ME Stamp Highlight: Lovely Mums

March 16, 2013

Happy Saturday, everyone!!  How was your Friday?  I had a great day with my friend Alex.  It was her birthday, so we went to lunch together at Cafe Dolce, and then later on that evening we went out with a bunch of friends to Sushi Hana, then on to the Top Hat for some bluegrass music.  It was a great evening out together!!  Today I have a 3-hour wedding shoot....my first one of the season!  It's kind-of nice that my first wedding is just a very short one, versus jumping right into a 10 hour day.

Today we are showcasing a brand new Mama Elephant stamp set called "Lovely Mums".  This beautiful stamp set that is floral, with really wonderful sentiments.  As a card maker who is more product oriented, I focused on the sentiments this time around and combined them with some amazing Heidi Swapp product.  Here is what I created!
Instructions:
1. Make a 4x6 inch card from vintage cream cardstock.
2. Cut background paper slightly smaller, and adhere to the front.
3. Cut a floral strip, and adhere to the top.
4. Add a yellow tag to the right side, then stamp & add thickers to the bottom of it for the sentiment.
5. Take apart the dimensional border sticker, and stamp the sentiments to the top label.
6. Put back together, and adhere across the middle of the card.
7. Add another dimensional banner to the upper left corner, then accent with jewels to finish.

Challenges:
-A Blog Named Hero #22 - Freestyle
-Aud Sentiments - Girly
-Desert Islands Crafts #50 - Pick 3 (yellow, 3+ papers, sentiment on front)
-Divas by Design #85 - Pink
-Fab N Funky #162 - Add a Sentiment
-By The Cute and Girly March - Favorite Things
-Word Art Wednesday #71 - Anything Goes











I am just loving these fun Heidi Swapp products!  I love how the brand new border sticker has helped me freshen up the older Sugar Chic 6x6 paper pad...love it!

The other Mama Elephant designers also have some projects to share using the Lovely Mums stamps set....so be sure to check them out too!

Savannah O'Gwynn http://savannahland2.blogspot.com/
Lea Lawson http://leascupcakesandsunshine.blogspot.com/
Mariana Grigsby http://marianagrigsby.wordpress.com/
JJ Bolton http://www.jjbolton.org
Cheiron Brandon http://www.cheironbrandon.typepad.com/
Pearl Lui http://kraftypearl.blogspot.com/
Alice Wertz http://aliceslittlewonderland.blogspot.com/
I hope that you have a wonderful Saturday!!

Until later,
~L.

13 comments

  1. LOOOOOOOVE how you used layered papers and banners and stickers with some of these sentiments! FAB card:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lea! I was stuck in traffic in the 'burbs of Detroit the other day. I was behind a Big Sky Brewing Co. truck. When I read Missoula, Missouri, of course I thought of you and your wonderful talent! I thought of how I go through my reader and see your wonderful creations, but don't always comment. So I told myself that the next time I go through my reader that I will send you some love! Well, when I did this morning yours was the very first post with this outstanding card! I love the banner a lot and all of those "Lea layers of fun". What mom wouldn't love to receive this??? Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really sweet, Lea. LOVE it! And thank you so much for sharing with us - it always means SO MUCH to have you stop by to share your time and talents with us.
    Blessings to you,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun card with a cute layout. Thanks for joining us this week at WAW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. Thanks for joining us at FnF :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet card and I love all the layering you did!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just stunning, thank you for joining us at DICC. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful papers and design, thanks for joining us at Divas By Design this week. Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  9. fab card, love the design
    thanks for playing with us at BTC&G
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE this card...fabulous design. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky this week. Pat K. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at DICC!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love love the layering of elements and the blings!! i want to make shabby chic cards like you when i grow up! =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! This is gorgeous, and very sweet too.

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥