Hello Friend

March 21, 2013

Happy Thursday, all!  How have the past couple of days been!  It feels like it has been CRAZY here...even though it has mostly just been crazy for Josh.  The BBY is making some changes, and he has spent the past 24 hours pretty much on the phone.  Ha!! He also has to be in Portland when we are supposed to be flying out for Texas...so we've had to get THAT figured out too.  We pretty much have it all taken care of now, so that is a good thing!  Tonight we are going to watch the Griz play Syracuse in the big dance...hopefully they will have a Cinderella moment!!

I have a fun and easy friendship card to share with you tonight!  It features some of the new Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm collection {which I LOVE!!} and an adorable Lawn Fawn stamp that matches perfectly!!  I put this card together in less than 10 minutes.  Oh yes- I did!!  With stitching and all...I was pretty proud of myself!  Here is what I created:
Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from kraft cardstock.
2. Layer circle sticker, green paper block and scalloped papers trip to the card front.
3. Wrap twine around the top seam.
4. Stitch along the bottom of an ombre tag, then layer to the front with a chipboard circle.
5. Stamp the sentiment bubble to white cardstock, adhere to chipboard circle, then accent with a heart.
6. Tie a double bow from twine, add a wooden button to the center and adhere to the tag top.
7. Add a diecut arrow to the bottom of the card, then accent with sequins & a pearl to finish.

Challenges:
-Moxie Fab World Card Creations Week challenge - Ombre
-10 Minute Craft Dash #14 - Colors (9 min, 52 seconds)
-Charisma Cardz #11 - Diecuts
-Lawnscapings #54 - Stitching











Nicole Rixon, the owner of Sweet Stamp Shop, had mentioned on Facebook how she got this big package of sequins...and these colors were in it!  I was coveting them like crazy, so I headed out and picked up the same pack so I could have some too.  I love them...and I LOVE this card!  This Dear Lizzy collection is a fantastic one!!

Well, that is all I have for you tonight!  If you are watching basketball and aren't a Syracuse fan...give a little GO GRIZ shout out!  Tee hee!

Until later,
~L.

20 comments

  1. that random stitching and the colors...you just blow me away with your colors! so so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I need those sequins too! They are my favorite colors! I know the feeling of wanting them like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you, I LOVE the Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm collection. I have the 6 x 6 paper pack and cannot stop using it!

    I surely do love this card, Lea. If you weren't such a crafting superstar, I never would believe you could finish this within 10 minutes. However, since you are a crafty pro, I don't doubt you. :) This card rocks on so many levels!

    Thank you for joining in the 10 Minute Craft Dash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super sweet card, Lea! I sure do like that big fat arrow ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great design ! Very original. Wonderful composition. Bravo ! I like !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just WOW. What a fantastic card. I love every aspect of it!

    Thanks for playing along with Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome cards makes me want to go make a few!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously? Less than 10 mins? Amazing! Love your style!
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lea, I LOVE how you arranged all your embellishments and layers...!!
    Thanks so much for joining us at the 10 Minute Craft Dash - I hope we'll see you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic 10 min card! Loving the spring hues you used.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card in 10 minutes, wow! Love the trendy accents like the negative space speech bubble and the sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lea, this is AWESOME. I love it! I love that you managed to incorporate so many details in the short time frame, and what fun ones they are! I am so glad you joined us at the 10 Minute Craft Dash, and I hope we see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love your card...!! love your fussy stitching, they look so natural...!! and the embellishments, they compliment each other... Thank you for entering your card to Lawnscaping Challenge..!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a darling, sweet card! Love it. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always love your cards, Lea!! And this one is amazing, so sweet! Love the soft colors and the perfect balance of elements

    Thank you so much for joining us at Lawnscaping challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I swoon at everything you make, Lea! so glad you decided to play along with us at lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Lea! Thanks for linking this up to the Ombre Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Totally love these soft gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥