I Was Like...

March 9, 2013

....hey, what's up?  Ha!  Happy Saturday, friends!!   hope this post finds you having a great start to your weekend!  So- we got our taxes done yesterday, which was a plus!  Nice to have it done...nice to know we are getting a good return...and then I got home and dropped my iPhone on my concrete garage floor and shattered the screen.  Sigh.  Thankfully I have geek squad protection on it from Best Buy, which means they order me another one for no additional charge (ie: no deductible) and there are no limits on how many times you break your phone.  My phone won't be here until early next week...so in the meantime I am using a loaner phone that I hate.  I know...I know...first world problems and all.  I should be grateful that they provide me with a loaner phone...and we get reward zone points just for using it!  Up side...up side...I have to keep telling myself that.

I have a trendy little card to share with you today!  It's FULL of things that are trendy right now.  Brand new Studio Calico...feathers...wood veneer...gold...sequins...speech bubbles...washi tape...  I just love how it turned out!  Here is what I created!
Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from white cardstock.
2. Cut doodled paper slightly smaller, round the right corners & adhere.
3. Cut a strip of hexagon paper, and adhere to the left side.
4. Diecut & stamp the doily shape, then adhere to the right of the hex paper strip, slightly tucked under the edge of it.
5. Layera tab sticker, fussy cut feather, circle sticker, and speech bubble block to the top of it.
6. Layer a glitter strip underneath a wood veneer speech bubble, and adhere to the top.
7. Add a strip of woodgrain washi to a vintage hand sticker, then add gold alphas as part of the sentiment.
8. Adhere to the front with foam adhesive.
9. Add a strip of washi tape to the bottom part of the card, and a gold photo corner to the top.
10. Accent with jewels & sequins to finish.

Challenges:
-Studio Calico Sunday Sketch
-Moxie Fab Card Creations Week Challenge - Speech Bubbles
-The Pink Elephant #189 - Photo Inspiration
-The Friday Mashup #100 - Pick Your Fave Challenge (#18 - glitter)











I hope that you enjoyed my glittery, trendy card today!  I know it makes me happy when I look at it, so I hope it does the same for you.  :)

How about I share some Bible study notes with you, since I haven't in awhile!

Romans 2:1-4
I can sum my thoughts up on these verses with one quote: "Don't judge me because I sin differently than you do."  We all sin.  What I struggle with is not what you struggle with...and a sin, is a sin, is a sin.  Mother Teresa said, "if you judge people, you have no time to love them."  Verse 2 tells us that God's judgement is sure, but also righteous & based in truth.  Deflecting and pointing out what is wrong in others lives isn't going to keep me from God's judgement.  Yet, God is kind & patient & loving...and He cherishes my repentant heart.  We need only worry about our own sinful nature.  We need to LOVE others, help them up when they fall, encourage them in Christ & try to be a light.  We need to leave judgement where it belongs...in the hands of God.

 I know it isn't the longest notes ever...but I think the verses really speak for themselves.  I hope you enjoyed my thoughts, and I really hope that you have a super great Saturday!!

Until later,
~L.   

14 comments

  1. Fun card - I love all the little touches of gold! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card and I love the Bible Study quotes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job combining all the different elements on your card.

    Thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup for our 100th Challenge celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lea, your card is amazing! I love the sparkle. :-)

    And I really enjoyed your bible study notes. They really resonated with me. So much so that I went to grab the bible to look up the bits you were talking about, and have a think for myself. Thank-you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, an expert mixture of layers! Love the colors and all the details. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am totally loving your card! What's up!? So many fun things to look at and sequins looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a FUN card! Great take on this weeks Inspiration photo. Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant!
    Sheri-TPE DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. what an awesome card packed full of trendiness!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooooo. I love these papers and and the glitter and the sparkle and the layers, great card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun card with so much pizzazz! Gotta get me some of those speech bubbles!

    Glad you joined the Friday Mashup 100th challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear about your phone...bummer. :(

    Love the sparkly gold on this cool card, Lea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow - what a great use of textures and colours! I love it. Thanks for celebrating our 100th anniversary with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great mixture of elements and I love the sentiment!
    Bad luck about the phone - I just cancelled my insurance today - I hope that's not an omen!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Lea! Thanks for linking this up to the Speech Bubble Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥