Easter Blessings

March 13, 2013

Hey there, everyone!!  How has your week been so far?  Mine has been really good!  Editing & dropping of photos to clients, making cards, great Bible study time...and amazing bangers & mash that Josh made tonight for our community group.  It was SO yum!  I got my iPhone back, and am just glad to have it back.  I missed it terribly the few days I was without it...my life is back to being complete.  Tee hee!

Tonight I have a pretty Easter card to share with you, that is FULL of Prima!  I won a challenge awhile back, and so I was asked to be a guest designer for Inspired By Stamping this week....in which we were given three colors to create a card.  The colors are light pink, light green & light blue....perfect for springtime & Easter.  Here is what I created!
Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from white cardstock.
2. Cut light green dotted paper slightly smaller & adhere.
3. Add a piece of lace trim to the bottom of the card.
4. Cut a block of pink paper & a block of floral paper, then adhere together to the top of the card.
5. Stamp the sentiment the bottom of the floral paper, then accent with 2 rhinestones.
6. Layer floral stems, fabric flowers, paper flowers & wooden leaves to the left side of the card.
7. Add a paper butterfly to the top of the flowers, then accent with jewel flourishes.
8. Add a resin photo corner to the upper right corner to finish.

Challenges:
-Mojo Monday #284 - Sketch
-Ribbon Carousel #78 - Spring
-Inspired by Stamping #50 - Color Challenge
-Simon Says Stamp and Show - Shabby Chic
-The Shabby Tea Room #157 - Pink/Trim/Flowers











At first glance, it might seem like this card is a little complicated.  But, when you get right down to it....the flowers are really just clustered together in one area, along with some other embellishments.  I think the part that takes me the longest is picking the flowers that I am going to layer together in hopes that they will compliment each other well.  The great thing about flowers is you can move them around, and make sure you like how they look before permanently adhering them down.  If you want to try it, I suggest pulling out ALL of the flowers in your stash that are the colors you might want to use....and then just start playing with them and seeing if you like how they look.  It is really a lot of fun!!

I hope that you liked my card tonight!  I will be back later this week for the Mama Elephant March release week....I hope you will check back and join me!

Until later,
~L.

12 comments

  1. ohmyWOW! could NOT love it more♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful shabby chic easter creation.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This card is just dripping with vintage charm. You layered all of those lovely flowers perfectly. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lea...this is a gorgeous card and a wonderful example of shabby chic styling. I love the papers you've used. I love the sweet lacy flowers that you've added to the front of your card. I love the little resin piece in the corner and the sweet butterfly you've die cut from cardstock. All of the colors in your butterfly tie all of your flowers, bling and cardstock together so perfectly! Thanks for sharing your card with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super gorgeous card, and perfectly shabby chic! Fabulous layers! Thanks for playing in our shabby chic challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp & Show!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello darling girl. This is STUNNING! So happy to see you as the Guest DT at IBS! Your work is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So elegant and pretty, Lea! Wow! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many gorgeous flowers and so much beauty...love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO colorful and beautiful, Lea! Your choice of flowers is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE LOVE everything about this beautiful card Lea! The combination of flowers and colours is spot on! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥