My Love Story Begins and Ends with You

November 5, 2014

Happy Wednesday, blog friends!!  I'm coming to you from Rapid City, SD today.  My husband's travel schedule is really busy over the next three weeks, but we (me & the pups) were able to go on this trip with him so that we had the evenings together.  Our room is nice & big with a great desk...and I brought some cardmaking stuff with me so I could keep busy during the day!

After taking a little bit of a break after such a BUSY week on my blog...I have an everyday love card to share with you today!  I have really wanted to use the map themed products in the My Mind's Eye Jubilee "Tangerine" collection...and it just seemed fitting for this card.  Check it out!
I didn't want this card to look "love" or "valentine" themed...I wanted it to be a card that you could give at anytime of the year.  Think of how sweet this would be tucked into your man's suitcase when he travels, in his lunch tote or briefcase (if he carries one), or even just set on his pillow for him to find at some point.

I created this card for a couple of challenges as well!  I used the My Favorite Things sketch #201 as inspiration for my design.   This week's Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge is all about using a "thinking of you" sentiment...and while I didn't use those exact words, it us exactly the feeling I was trying to convey with this card.  And lastly, the Little Red Wagon #262 theme is "home is where your heart is".  The map theme & the heart that I added to the flair piece were inspired by this challenge...not to mention the sentiment. :)




Thanks for checking out my card today...I hope that you liked it!  Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Until later,
~L.

7 comments

  1. I adore everything about this card! I think I need that Tangerine set now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Lea, that's so smart of you to bring your supplies with you...and what a wonderful card you made with them!!! I'm in love with this set! A must have for someone that travels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card! I love how you have the flair layered over the paper that coordinates with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card. I love all the elements. Thanks for playing along with us at LRW!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous card, a great design and colours, gorgeous layering and lovely sentiment !!

    Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great! You brought the patterns together so well! Thanks so much for playing along with the Thinking of You Challenge on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥