Shake it Off...Shake it Off!!

November 11, 2014

Thank you, Taylor Swift, for singing such a catchy song.  Lol!  And it totally fits my post....you will see why in a minute. ;)  How has the beginning of your week been so far?  Pretty quiet around here.  I dropped my hubby off at his geekmobile today, as he had to head back to Minneapolis for a meeting, and then will be spending a day with his Baxter, MN employees.  My cute little Sadie girl (the cocker spaniel) had a grooming appointment, and she looks SO cute now!!  I mean, she was cute all shaggy & full of fur too...but she definitely looks really cute all clean & cut.  And I spent a lot of today organizing just the RIGHT side of my Scrapbox.  Lol- it needed it.

With that being said...I have a lot of items available on my For Sale tab.  I think for now it is pretty complete....and everything is at a really great price!  Check it out & see if there is anything you just can't live without!! :)

The transparent frames that My Mind's Eye offered with these latest collections are SO cool! They work great as photo overlays, but what do you do with them as a card maker?  Well, I would daresay a lot, but one thing that they are PERFECT for are shaker cards!  And I love the fact that they have prints & patterns on them. The sequins still show through perfectly, and the print just adds that much more to them!

Alright...with that being said, I've created some shaker cards using the transparent frames from MME. There is quite a bit of the "Just Sayin'" line by Rhonna Farrer, with some Jubilee goodies thrown in here & there.  Check them out!
 For the first card I used a chipboard Polaroid frame to create my shaker. I filled it full of gold stars, which complimented the theme of the sentiment! The sentiment came from one of the awesome transparency frames from the Jubilee "Tangerine" collection.That is one of my FAVE sentiments, & I love how perfectly it fit here.


For my second card I punched a circle from patterned paper to create the shaker window, and then covered it with a lightly patterned transparency frame from the Just Sayin' collection. I filled it with gold heart sequins, & then embellished around the frame as shown.

I created these with a few challenges in mind as well!  Virginia's View challenge #9 is about all things metallic, and I used A LOT of gold on these cards!!  I also used the Cure for the Monday Blues #34 photo inspiration.  I was super inspired by the colors, and since it is called "child's play", I thought the shaker part worked great for the theme!  And lastly, the Stamp and Create November challenge is to use ribbon or bows.  Both of my cards have double bows tied from twine on them!



I hope that you enjoyed my cute little shaker cards today! So, I recently made some changes to how I use Facebook, and have pared my friends list down to just family & very close friends.  Would you like to keep up with me on Facebook?  All you have to do is like my Lea Lawson Creates facebook page!!  I add blog links & photos to it...and will be doing a TON more with it in 2015.  Be sure to join me before all the fun gets going!!  You can also add yourself as a follower to my blog in the right sidebar as another way to keep up with my posts!

I hope that you have a wonderful rest of your Tuesday!

Until later,
~L.

21 comments

  1. I'm with you....I keep humming and singing Shaker It Off!

    Love these cards, Lea. Definitely going to share at least one of them on the PPP Facebook page later. Thanks for continuing to create beauties with my embellies! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow Lee what gorgeous cards oh my.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your shaker cards - so pretty and fun too:) hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! These are stunning and love the designs of your shaker cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your work, your color choices, your photos AND your song choices ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the look of the transparencies with the shaker elements! It adds so much dimension to your cards! These are just wonderful all around! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my these are totally gorgeous love the transparencies <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...such stunning designs, Lea! Great choices in colors, designs and oh yes...the song :) Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving some love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this so much!! Pink, mint and gold go together so perfectly and you can never have enough shaker cards. The patterned paper is gorgeous (must get some!!) and I love the little gold stars so much I bought some last night! Stunning and now I'll be singing 'Shake it off' for the rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great way to use the transparent frames, these are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. both cards are just beautiful! great fun shaker cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love everything about the shaker cards, Lea! Your artistry is amazing! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “All About Metallic” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lea, these are stunning! Love transparent overlay with a sentiment used for a shaker, this is a cool idea! And thank you for your comment on my green Rudolph card :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, this card is amazing!!! you're so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Superbly delightful, playful and awesome! Love the shaker elements and the perfect choice of patterned paper! Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

    ReplyDelete
  16. FABULOUS ideas and STUNNING cards Lea!!! CONGRATS on the your Virginia's View Top 10 Pick too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lea, these are staggering! Love straightforward overlay with an opinion utilized for a shaker, this is a cool thought! What's more, thank you for your remark on my green Rudolph card :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥