I'm Nuts About You!

November 22, 2014

Happy Saturday, blog friends!  How is your weekend going so far?  Pretty good over here!  We went to see Mockingjay Part 1 yesterday afternoon, and it was really good.  I haven't read the books, so when I watch the movie...it is all completely new to me.  Which is kind-of fun!!  Then our neighbors came over, and we had smoked pizza & cocktails.  It was a fun afternoon/evening, which I really needed this week. :)  Today we are just being homebodies.  Josh is playing video games, & I am crafting.  And at 6pm I am going to stream the Griz-Cat game on my phone (it's the only way to see it over here in Fargo...I'll take what I can get. Lol!), and hope that the Griz just pummel them!!!

One of the things I've created today is this cutie Fall themed love card using this month's "Walden" card kit from Studio Calico.  I tried to use only product from the kit for this card, but ended up feeling like it needed the twine threaded button, and the enamel dots to feel finished.  That's pretty minimal add-ons if you think about it though!
I wanted the acorn layer to just kind-of peek through underneath the sentiment...so I stamped it fairly lightly with honey ink, and choose the outlined top verses the bolder, blacked out one.  I also think the colors are really fun for a fall themed card...how about you?  I like that while it can be given during our fun Fall holidays...it can also really be given any time of the year!

Card Challenges:



I hope that you liked my card today!  I've recently created a Facebook page just for my paper crafting, and I would love for you to follow me on it! All you have to do is like my Lea Lawson Creates facebook page.  I add blog links & photos to it...and will be doing a TON more with it in 2015.  Be sure to join me before all the fun gets going!!  You can also add yourself as a follower to my blog in the right sidebar as another way to keep up with my posts.

Have a great rest of your Saturday!  Go Griz....beat the Cats!!!

Until later,
~L.  

11 comments

  1. I love this card and will be off to like your fb page <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is just beautiful!! Love those layers and the pops of color! The vellum and the yellow bows are such a beautiful combination! Wow!! This is just stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is REALLY a sweet card, Lea. Thanks SO MUCH for sharing it in our challenge this week. I'm always delighted, and SUPER grateful, when you are able to play along with us.
    God bless you!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for joining us for our Word Art Challenge this week. We are always so grateful to have someone with your talents showcase projects for our challenges. Thank you for joining us...we appreciate you so much.
    Diane Noble (DT-WAW)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card Lea! Thanks for playing along with the TYI challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this layered tag...oh so pretty! The background and bow are wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Tag You’re It!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥