Thankful for You Glassine Bags

November 19, 2014

Happy Wednesday, blog friends!  I hope that you've had a great first part of your week.  Do you believe that things happen right when you need them?  I don't divulge a lot from my personal life on the internet, but I will say that I had a hard morning yesterday.  And while it was an appointment that brought on the pity party...it's more a culmination of things that have just kind-of sucked the joy out of me lately.  I went to Starbucks after my appointment, figuring that a latte might help perk me up, and when I got to the window the cashier let me know that the car in front of me paid for my drink.  And it honest truth...I almost cried.  Because it was such a nice gesture, because they had no idea how I was feeling that morning, and because I felt like God was reminding me that there are still a lot of things to take joy in, even though other parts of my life are a struggle.  Later that afternoon I got an email that also made me smile, and feel happy.  I'm really thankful for both of those small things that happened, and I hope that I will remember them in the future, on days when I am struggling.  And on days when I am not struggling...so I can remember to pay it forward.

Speaking of being thankful, how about I get on to my projects for today? :)  I've got some cute decorated bags to share with you, combining some Winnie & Walter stamps and My Mind's Eye scrapbooking product.  The theme over on the Winnie & Walter blog this month is "Gift Giving", & I thought these little bags were the perfect idea, as we are so close to Thanksgiving.  Check them out!

I've combined some metallics & woodgrain from the My Mind's Eye Necessities collection with papers from Jubilee "Tangerine" & "Mint Julep" to give me that Thanksgiving feel I was going for. Aqua blue has become a staple Thanksgiving color for me...I think it pairs perfectly with the traditional reds, oranges & yellows of the season!! After putting the tags together, I used the Winnie & Walter A Tree for All Seasons stamp set, and stamped a sentiment from it to each one! Then I accented them, & clipped them to glassine bags covered with woodgrain papers.  Easy peasy!

Card Challenges:



I hope that you've enjoyed my cute little bags today!!  I think they would be really great for giving small gifts to your guests on Thanksgiving, or for bringing a gift to your hostess!  I've recently created a Facebook page just for my paper crafting, and I would love for you to follow me on it! All you have to do is like my Lea Lawson Creates facebook page.  I add blog links & photos to it...and will be doing a TON more with it in 2015.  Be sure to join me before all the fun gets going!!  You can also add yourself as a follower to my blog in the right sidebar as another way to keep up with my posts.

I hope that you have a wonderful Wednesday!!

Until later,
~L.

10 comments

  1. I'm so sorry you've been having a rough time lately. :( but thank God for small blessings that still make you smile and thankful in the darkness, even if it's brief.
    Your bags are STUNNING. The gold and woodgrain is brilliant. I may have literally swooned when I saw those die leaves. That's it!! I have to have those dies. The touches of aqua are really beautiful. Just wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's wishing you sunny skies ahead!
    your little bags are lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed, it is often the little things in life that are remembered more than the big!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness - these are just stunning Lea! Hope you have a much better day today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these sweet tags! I really like that you put a full panel of paper on them and the layered tags are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are so cute!:)

    come check out my blog?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpe-LKn-4gM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Lea! These are so beautiful! I just love every stunning detail!
    Thank you for inspiring me today... Hope your day is wonderful! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh these are just gorgeous!! Love them!! Absolutely beautiful!!

    I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Came right over from FB when I saw these in the line up. Thanks for sharing your story-- sometimes the universe does listen and give us what we need, if we are paying attention! These bags are just absolutely stunning in their white and embellishments. Not one for using ribbon on my projects, I just adore yours here. The bows are clean, classy and downright phenomenal! I have visited your site so much in the last 9 months, but not always good about commenting. Glad to be following you on FB so I can see updates.Take care, and take comfort in that the beauty you create is so inspiring to we who view it! xo Kate

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥