Thankful Thanksgiving Wishes

November 12, 2014

Happy Wednesday, blog friends!  I hope the middle of the week finds you doing well.  It has started to snow a little bit here in Fargo, so I am just hanging out in the warmth of my home with the pups.  I'm working on editing a wedding, and getting some crafting done as well!

Before I get to my card, I wanted to share that I have a lot of items available on my For Sale tab.  I think for now it is pretty complete....and everything is at a really great price!  Check it out & see if there is anything you just can't live without!! :)

So, I finally bit the bullet & subscribed to the Studio Calico card kit.  I always love what their card designers create each month, but I just wasn't sure if I would have the time to use the kits before a new one would come.  I failed horribly with the Project Life kit, but it is definitely hard to use that many PL cards in one month as a cardmaker.  The card kit feels more doable, and after using the majority of it...most of it can go into my stash & be used at a later time!  The Walden card kit from November is my first one, and it arrived on my doorstep on Monday (along with a couple add-ons).  So today I've used items from that package to create this sweet little Thanksgiving card.
I am so in LOVE with the sentiment!  I know it is kind-of redundant, but it just really seemed to fit the cozy & loving feel I was trying to portray in this card.  I just love how soft the colors are, and the vellum leaves are my favorite part....they make me sigh a little bit. :)

I created this card with a few challenges in mind!  First I used Sketch Saturday #335 as the start of my card design.  Lawnscapings #93 is all about fall & pumpkins...and while my card has no stamping on it, the Lawn Fawn stitched leaves dies are what made this card really come together for me!  My colors match the current Color Throwdown #318, and the metallic gold stitching makes it work for Virginia's View #9!



I hope that you have liked my soft & sweet Thanksgiving card today! I recently made some changes to how I use Facebook, and have pared my friends list down to just family & very close friends.  Would you like to keep up with me on Facebook?  All you have to do is like my Lea Lawson Creates facebook page!!  I add blog links & photos to it...and will be doing a TON more with it in 2015.  Be sure to join me before all the fun gets going!!  You can also add yourself as a follower to my blog in the right sidebar as another way to keep up with my posts!

Have a wonderful rest of your Wednesday!

Until later,
~L. 

16 comments

  1. Great card! I love the colors and the journaling card and those vellum leaves are divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, the vellum leaves are my favourite part too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous, Lea. So when will you be joining the SC team ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol- oh Maria...that would be a dream. But I won't be getting my hopes on that one!! :)

      Delete
  4. Wow! What a fun card, I love the colors and layering! Thanks for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an awesome card, Lea! Love the touches of gold, the vellum leaves and that great sentiment!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is gorgeous!!!! LOOOOOOOVE those vellum leavevs with the gold stitching...swoon!! so soft and elegant and AMAZING! i love the soft mint too!! this card is AMAZING! thanks so much for playing along with the Lawnscaping Challenge! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww Lea! You know I'm a fan of your work! I LOVE the way you add all those different elements and end up with that gorgeous and delicate look. This card is amazing!
    Thank you so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my this is so pretty, Love the soft colors and velum leaves stitched in gold is so very cool !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card Lea. Love that picture and how you stamped and stitched on it... the gold stitching looks great with the vellum. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful use of the kit.... love those stitched vellum leaves and the background paper!! Thxs for playing with us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How pretty with those awesome vellum leaves and all the stitching....love this, Lea!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. SWOON!! I love it when you used very little (AND a lot of gold elements) , Lea! Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s View “All About Metallic” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card, and that little gold stitching is a fantastic effect

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your vellum leaves are so wonderful! Then add that gold thread, wow!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥