Magic is for the Making

November 16, 2014

Happy Sunday, blog friends!  How has your weekend been?  Mine has been good....stuck close to home because we were dog sitting.  So, pretty much just football, staying warm, drinking hot tea, minimizing the chaos of 3 dogs in the house....you know, same old same old.  :)

Did you all notice that my URL has changed? :)  I'm kind-of sneaky...lol!  Feel free to update the link if you have it saved somewhere, but it will always redirect.  So, no worries if you forget!!

I did get some time to create another Christmas card today after we got home from church.  It's another shaker card {I feel kind-of obsessed} using this week's Sunday sketch at Studio Calico.  I love how even though there seems to be a lot going on with the shakers, it still has an overall clean & simple feel to it.  Check it out!
I couldn't get over how perfect the sketch was for a shaker card!  Plus...I have been wanting to use this new stamp set that I added to my card kit order for November.  It is FAB!  I have so many more card ideas in mind for it...I can't wait to ink it up again!!  I combined it with some items from the Brighton Pier & Atlantic collections.  I LOVE freshening up older product by combining it with the newer stuff.  It's a great way to not be wasteful!

Card Challenges I've created it for:


**The bells & some of the sequins are not linked above.  I found them at Michael's, but am sure they can be found at most craft stores.**  

I hope that you enjoyed my card this evening!  I will be back this coming week with more fun creations!!  {Hopefully there will be more Thanksgiving themed items...}

Would you like to keep up with me on Facebook?  All you have to do is like my Lea Lawson Creates facebook page.  I add blog links & photos to it...and will be doing a TON more with it in 2015.  Be sure to join me before all the fun gets going!!  You can also add yourself as a follower to my blog in the right sidebar as another way to keep up with my posts.

I hope that the remainder of your Sunday night is restful, and that you have a wonderful start to your week tomorrow!

Until later,
~L.

28 comments

  1. This is amazing. Love! the shaker ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! LOVE!!! The shaker ornaments are fab!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card, Lea! It is just so beautiful! I have been hesitant to jump on the shaker card band wagon... just because "everyone else is doing it", but I think I am going to hop on this week! Your cards are just so inspiring! I love them! Hope you have an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the comment on my blog! I LOOOOOVE this card. The colors work so well. It looks like something I'd buy if I saw it in a shop. And I just love shaker cards. So creative! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMAZINGNESS, Truly inspiring, love the little dotted pierced trail to the large circle cuts!!! Thanks for coming by my blog too Lea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is really beautiful, Lea! I love the shakers with the pretty sequins. And the color scheme keeps it from feeling too overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is SO gorgeous!! What a gift to receive this card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the most amazingly stunningly gorgeous card ever! SO shiny and fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is lovely! I adore how you've mixed those metallics in such an elegant way. And there are so many great details like the dotted lines the ornaments are hanging from. I love how you have bells with two different finishes, too. This is every wonderful thing that a card should be and I'm so glad you shared it with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is all sorts of AMAZING Lea! There is so many wonderful things......the triple shaker, the bells, and the gold glittery stars! I love love love this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for you kind words on my blog. Your work is stunning!! I love all you creations<3

    xx
    Lia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic shaker card Lea. Love the gold/silver/black together. The vellum strip and the bells look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really love this one! So clever and perfectly executed! Love the ornaments, the bells, all the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab card Lea, love all those pretty sequins. Thanks so much for joining us at ShowCASe Your Style!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW, this is beautiful Lea. I just love shaker cards and love how yours has 3 different shaker areas.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is FAB-U-lous!!! Had to pin it so I can CASE it later!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lea this is so gorgeous! Lots of yummy gold!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can stare at this eye candy all day....so dreamy and gorgeous, Lea! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “All About Metallic” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This card is like magic to me. LOVE every single detail on it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW this is sooooooo wonderful, clever and gorgeous!!! LOOOOVE it!!!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us in our showCASe your style challenge, Lea!
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. ps, Thanks for playing along at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my stars ... this is GORGEOUS! I'm so glad you found our store/blog! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘CHRISTMAS’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful, beautiful shaker card...I have been "addicted" to these lately and yours is amazing!! Thank you for joining us at "Dies R Us" for our "Christmas" challenge!
    Diane DRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just love this!! So many yummy sequins and golden goodness. Total gorgeousness!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥