Glittery snowflakes.....

January 2, 2010

....on both of the items I have to share with you today.  I have two cards to feature today, and both fit the Crazy 4 Challenges 18 this week to use polka dots on your project.  This first card also uses Laura's Sketch 42 at 2 Sketches 4 U....just barely making this one on time! ;)

"Blessed Snowflake" supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: Making Memories & Martha Stewart Crafts
Vintage Image: Crafty Secrets
Ribbon: Renaissance By Designs (Sherry Satin Dot)
Chipboard: Technique Tuesday
Jewels/Pearls: Zva Creative
Glitter: Making Memories
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Border Punch: Fiskars (Apron Lace)
Metal: craft supply

Instructions: Fold red cardstock in half to make card base.  Round the corners of a block of snowflake flocked paper and adhere to the front.  Punch an apron lace border to the right side of a block of black dotted paper and adhere to the front  Add a strip of sherry satin dot ribbon to the front.  Adhere the vintage image to the front, and then layer a glittered snowflake to the upper right side of it.  Top with a bow and metal snowflake.  Accent the card with adhesive pearls and jewel flourishes. 

This next card is based (a tad loosely) on the this sketch that was posted a few weeks ago at the Clean & Simple Stamping blog.  I love these glittery golden snowflakes....I have had them in my stash forever and never used them until now.  You should see how much they glitter in real life....it is fabulous!!

"Golden Snowflake" supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: American Crafts
Stamps: My Sentiments Exactly (Winter Sentiments set)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: Amber Satin, Chalk: Lime Pastel)
Pearls: Kaiser Craft
Snowflakes: Michael's brand
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Circle Punch: Marvy Uchida

Instructions: Fold gold snowflake paper in half to make card base, and round the right hand corners.  Round the right hand corners of a block of white cardstock and adhere to the front.  Punch four 1 1/4" circles from dotted paper and ink the edges with lime pastel chalk ink.  Adhere to the left side of the white cardstock block.  Add glittery gold snowflake accents to the middle of each circle, and add a pearl to the middle of each one.  Stamp the sentiment to the lower right corner of the white cardstock using Amber Satin pigment ink. 

Have you had a fun couple of days in 2010?  We really have so far!  Last night we went to dinner with a group of friends at a local restaurant/bar called the Iron Horse.  They make the BEST buffalo chicken salad, which is what I had of course!!  Then two of our friends, Grant & Meagan, came over afterward for cake and daiquiris.  After sugar overload and an intense conversation about butter beer from the Harry Potter series...I think we were all ready to go to bed!  Tee hee! :)  I even took a couple photos....here they are!


And I desperately need to clean off that corner of my counter.  I think this photo of us together might just force me to do it...because I couldn't crop it out without cropping off Grant's head!  And that cake is FABULOUS!  I found the recipe forever ago, and most of you probably know it already...but it is called Better Than Sex cake in case you need to google it.  SO good.  Sorry if the name offended anyone!

Today we tried to go see Sherlock Holmes, but the only time that worked for us was sold out. :(  Oh well...we will just have to go another day.  We did go make a purchase that was necessary, picked up some food, and came home to watch this instead:

It was okay....not the greatest movie I have ever seen, but at least some entertainment!  :) Josh works super early in the morning, so once he hits the hay....I am going to spend some more time in my craft room!  I totally cleaned up my desk and reorganized it today....so I am feeling inspired!!

And I will leave you with this.  I saw this infomercial awhile back, and just howled.  Watch the first 15 seconds of it over and over again.....and you will most likely start crying with laughter.  I know that I did, and my husband did too.  Because really....who handles them that way! (You will know what I mean when you see it!)

On that note, I am signing off!  If you don't think it is funny....please don't tell me that.  Let me live in my little world where it really is super funny....I'll feel better about myself!  Tee hee!  Have a wonderful evening! ♥

Until later,
~Lea

25 comments

  1. WOW!! Great cards! The first one is just stunning! I love all of the detail, those snowflakes art just beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lea, your cards are GORGEOUS! Thank so much for joining us at 2S4Y this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ♥ snowflakes! The white snowflakes on your first card with that red polka dot ribbon is so beautiful! Love it! I have never seen those gold snowflakes you used on the second one. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow what a breathtaking beautiful card! Yum that cake sounds and looks divine :) Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol.. totally laughable!! Who does it like that?! Fab cards too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both beautiful. I especially love the one with the vintage image.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nostalgique...love those bot cards sooo much
    !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous cards Lea, I especially LOVE the first one!!!!
    So did you order your Soap Magic yet?! I hate when I drop the whole bottle of dishsoap in the sink full of water like that ;)
    hugs!
    ~rae

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards and I seen Sherlock Holmes... AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cards!!! I LOVE the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lea

    All of your cards are so pretty!! Also your photos are great! Do you happen to know the name of the font on your blog header?

    Thanks for inspiring!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh what gorgeous cards! Thanks for playing along with us at 2S4Y! :) Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love those cards!!! So beautiful. Snowlakes are my favorite!
    Love the photo! Wouldn't have noticed the background. You could probably clone it with the wall and people would never know.
    Fnny video!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love both cards!!!BEAUTIFUL as always!!! And your video.....super funny!!!!! LMAO!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Lea Your cards are `stunning` you rocked the sketch!!!!
    Fab video..gorgeous photo`s:)
    Happy New Year
    love and best wishes for 2010:)x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cards are gorgeous.
    Your video cracks me up. If my kids saw this they would demand the soap dispenser. Morgan keeps harassing me to buy that wall mounted toothpaste dispenser she's seen on tv. good grief.
    How's the photography biz? How's your brother? Football for high school is over, yes?

    XOXO

    Davinie

    ReplyDelete
  17. GORGEOUS!!!! Love the touches of sparkle..so so sp pretty!! And that photo is just TOO cute!! :) Happy NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just found your blog and enjoyed poking around. Your work is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi there, Lea! I was so excited to see you had popped by my blog earlier! so nice to hear from you. I absolutely LOVE your 2s4u card. Made my jaw drop, actually. And those gold snowflakes are super pretty, you are so right there.
    I enjoyed seeing your other photos, too. Fun to see a peek at your life.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just love those cards! The color combo on the first one is perfect and I love those velvety snowflakes on that paper! That cake does look amazingly yum too. I have a great "retouch" button in Picasa that would have taken care of that corner on your counter!!! In seconds!

    ReplyDelete
  21. oooh! I fellow cupcake lover! Gorgeous cards and now I'm off to check out more of your blog! Happy New Year~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your cards are just gorgeous! I'm especially fond of the mixture of polka dots on the first! The colors and patterns are just stunning! Great photos, TFS!! BTW, the video is so stupid it's hilarious!! Why do mfrs always portray us as idiots to promote their products? If washing my hands or dishes were truly THAT difficult, I'd hang it up! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely beautiful creations. I especially love vintage and your Blessed Snowflake is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  24. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I totally know what you mean, its like really?! That reminds me of the infomercials for the toothpaste dispensers...

    And holy cow I am in love with your Blessed Snowflake card! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥