Whimsical Wishes ♥

January 9, 2010

Welcome to birthday week at my blog!!  I talked about this a few posts ago, but I will recap.  I turn 30 next Thursday, and it is a number that I am not that excited about.  But, I have decided to focus on just being positive about it, especially considering I don't look 30!  So, that is what I am dwelling on!  Anyways...it is going to be a week of birthday cards and fun random stuff about yours truly.  To cap off the week.....I will be posting the winner from my Imaginisce giveaway on my birthday, which you can read about more HERE.  Be sure to check that post out and do the requirements so you can be in the running for some fabulous paper!

I have this cutie of a card to share with you today!  It is based on Get Sketchy 20.  When I saw this sketch....I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it.  It doesn't traditionally follow the sketch, but I think you can see the inspiration!! It also just happens to fit the current challenge at Crazy 4 Challenges...actually, my whole week will fit this challenge!  Hee hee!

"Whimsical Wishes" supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics & Doodlebug Designs
Paper: Imaginisce, October Afternoon, & Doodlebug Designs
Button/Jewels: Doodlebug Designs
Twine: Darice Inc.
White pen: Uniball
Stamps: Cornish Heritage Farms (Forest Friendzy set)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: chestnut, scarlet, lime & Chalk: lime pastel, tangerine)
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Diecut Machine: Cricut Expression by Provo Craft
Diecut Cartridge: Graphically Speaking by Provo Craft

Instructions: Fold white cardstock in half ot make cardbase.  Round the top corners of a block of cloud paper and adhere to the front.  Cut the hills freehand from two different green papers and ink the edges with lime pastel chalk ink.  Adhere to the bottom of the card.  Round a corner of a block of orange dotted paper, and then trace a circle to it.  Cut out and ink the edges with tangerine chalk ink.  Adhere to the front.  Cut the clouds/layers from white and glittered cardstock at 1 1/2" using a Cricut and Graphically Speaking cartridge.  Layer them together and adhere to the front.  Stamp the sentiment to the right cloud, and accent the other with jewels.  Stamp the tree and gnome to cardstock and patterned paper.  Piece them together, and adhere to the front of the card.  Cut out a flower and adhere it to the gnome's hat and accent with a jewel.  Stamp the grass and mushroom directly to the card.  Stamp the mushrooms to red paper, cut out, and adhere.  Fill in the dots and stems with white pen, and accent each one with a jewel.

So, I thought I would share some random stuff with you about me this week....just in case you want to get to know me better.  Today I thought I would do a little A-Z of what is on this....

Lea's Ipod A-Z: Augustana, Band of Horses, Barenaked Ladies, Black Eyed Peas, Bryan Adams, Casting Crowns, Colbie Caillat, Crazy/Beautiful sndtrk., Dave Matthews Band, Dirty Dancing sndtrk., Edwin McCain, Fergie, Iron & Wine, Jack Johnson, Jason Mraz, Jason Myles Goss, Jason Upton, John Mayer, Joshua Radin, Keith Urban, Kenny Chesney, Kings of Leon, Leona Lewis, Live, Matt Nathanson, Mazzy Star, Metallica, Miranda Lambert, Muse, Natalie Grant, Natasha Bedingfield, New Moon sndtrk., One Republic, P.M. Dawn, Paramore, Pearl Jam, Pet Shop Boys, Plumb, Rascal Flatts, Robert Pattinson, Romeo & Juliet sndtrk., Sara Bareilles, Sheryl Crow, Sierra Noble, Sophie B. Hawkins, The Sundays, Taylor Swift, Tom Petty, Twilight sndtrk., U2, UB40, Usher, 311.

That is my favorite music in a nutshell.  There are some other random stuff on it...but that is the gist! We are heading to Sheridan tomorrow for a visit with the fam until Wednesday night, or possibly Thursday morning.  But no worries....I will just be blogging from there!  I need to go get some errands done, and then spend some more time getting cards done.  So, I will chat at you later!  Don't forget to go to that post I linked in the beginning and sign up for my birthday giveaway!! ♥

Until later,
~Lea

24 comments

  1. happy {almost} birthday Lea!!! LOVE your bright, fun, whimsical card... love it to bits!
    hugs!
    ♥rae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Lea..I love every detail of your card! Great job! Thanks for playing with us at Get Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable Lea, and wonderful instructions as well. You certainly don't look 30, and hey, 30 is the new 20. 30 looks pretty good from where I am sitting. happy happy birthday,
    big hugs
    En xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowie, great job with the sketch!!! It stumped me, but you really rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, 30 is not that bad!!!! I have been 30 for a while now and I love it. Love the card so cute with the tree and the sun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 30 is not that bad, isn't it?!:) Your card is amazing. It's like a real scene...so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card, Lea!! I love that little troll'y guy! haha!! And 30 ain't so bad.. ;) I'm 35 and nobody believes i'm that "old"... I eat well, exercise, don't smoke, rarely drink, so that all "does a body good"!! I hope you have a fabulous birthday!! (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is DARLING!! makes me smile!! 30 is good--although I remember the day I turned thirty I cried....more for the fact that NOTHING was done to celebrate the event. I told DH that 40 better be big! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute! I love gnomes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great layers! and the mushshrooms sprinkled about are very cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just darling, Lea! Hope your birthday is a great one!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lea, I just love this fun whimsical cute card - you are very creative and I just love your style! Turning 30 is a good thing and you will be fine and have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute card!! And Happy Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE your card Lea...sooooooo fun!!!!

    30 is the new 20:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. love, love this card! happy birthday almost, my sweet friend! you'll love your 30s & you don't even look close, so it'll all be good ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this card. I am going to have to pick up that adorable stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the little troll- and I DO NOT like trolls, lol! You made him super cute though!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cute card - I love the little mushrooms!

    ReplyDelete
  19. this card is so magical.. love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cuuuuute, cute, cute! Love it to bits!

    30 aint so bad...esp. if you don't look it!!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Birthday week, sweetie! No, you don't look 30..at all! Lucky you! tee hee! This card is beyond adorable!! Oh my gosh! Love it!

    Your eclectic taste in music is a lot like mine. I enjoyed seeing some of your favorite tunes! Enjoy YOUR special week!! ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are so creative this take on the sketch wow, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Well you know I looove this girl.
    Thanks for playing with us at GETSKETCHY!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥