I have a crush....

January 27, 2010

....on Teresa Collin's Crush collection.  I don't see it on her website anymore, but I can still get it at my local scrapbooking store....and I ♥ it!!  Don't be surprised if you continue to see a bunch of projects with it in the future! :) 

So, let's jump right into the cards I have to share today!  This first card is based on 2S4U Laura's Sketch 44, and on 365 Cards: 3 R's challenge (red, rhinestones & ric-rac).  I also used one of the latest seasonal Cricut cartridges called "Lovestruck".  They are far less expensive than the bigger cartridges because there are no features (ie: shadow, blackout, etc....) and there are fewer cuts.  And this one is just awesome!  I will be using it again on more Valentine projects in the near future.  I really recommend it if you are a Cricut fiend (hint, hint Carla...tee hee!).
"Love Notes" supplies: 
Cardstock: Prism (black, red) & Bazzill Basics (pink)
Paper: Teresa Collins Designs
Twill/ric-rac: Wrights
Twine/Jewels: Darice Inc.
Button: Doodlebug Designs
Glitter: DecoArt
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Diecut Machine: Cricut Expression by Provo Craft
Diecut Cartridge: Lovestruck by Provo Craft

Instructions: Fold black cardstock in half to make card base.  Round the top corners of a block of red heart paper and adhere to the front.  Tie red twill and black ric-rac around the bottom of the card.  Tie a button around the bow with twine.  Round the top corners of the journal tag.  Cut the four love sentiment strips from patterned paper and adhere to the front.  Cut the lips at 3" from red cardstock using a Cricut Expression and Lovestruck cartridge.  This cartridge does not have a blackout feature, so trace the outside of the lips cut to pink cardstock and cut by hand.  Cover the pink blackout cut in glitter, and adhere the red cut to the top using dimensional adhesive.  Attach the entire piece to the journal tag, and adhere the entire block to the front of the card.  Accent with red and black jewels.

This pastel beauty is based on FTL #75 (sketch- turned longways), Color Chef #36 (dark pink, light pink & white), and TPE #51 (polka dots, bow & pink).  More Crush papers....what I love most about these is all the journal tags, diecuts, and text strips are all just sheets of patterned paper.  One side normally includes the item you can cut out, and the other side is a matching patterned paper.  So- you have multiple choices.  For a crafter on a budget (like I am)...papers like these are a dream.  Love them!
"To My Sweet Love" supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: Teresa Collins Designs
Rub-ons: American Crafts (letters)
Jewels: Heidi Swapp (crown) & Darice Inc. (hearts)
Ribbon: Renaissance By Designs
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Embossing Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
Embossing Folder: Love Languages by Provo Craft

Instructions: Fold pink cardstock in half to make card base, and round the bottom corners.  Round the bottom corners of a block of white cardstock and emboss using the Cuttlebug and Love Languages embossing folder.  Adhere the block to the front.  Tie ribbon around the left side, and accent the bow with a pink pearl heart and a jewel crown.  Round the bottom corners of a block of pink houndstooth paper and adhere to the front.  Cut out three love themed tickets from patterned paper.  Add the rub-on letters to the polka dotted ticket and adhere all three to the front, using dimensional adhesive on the middle ticket.  Accent the bottom ticket with a small pearl heart. 

And the last card I have to share with you today is based on Get Sketchy #22 and C4C21 (Pretty In Pink).  The angel winged heart cut is from the "Hello Kitty Greetings" cartridge....which I ♥♥♥!  It has some of the cutest cuts on them, and as you can see...they don't all have the Hello Kitty character on them.  That is what I actually love about most of the licensed carts....they have tons of really cute cuts that don't really have anything to do with the licensed character.
"True Love" supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: Teresa Collins Designs
Stickers: Making Memories
Chipboard: We R Memory Keepers
Jewels: Westrim Crafts
Glitter: DecoArt
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Diecut Machine: Cricut Expression by Provo Craft
Diecut Cartridge: Hello Kitty Greetings by Provo Craft

Instructions: Fold white cardstock in half to make the card base.  Round the corners of a block of pink dotted paper and adhere to the front.  Cut a block of red heart paper in a triangle half, and add a black & white striped scalloped strip to the edge.  Round each of the three corners and adhere to the front.  Adhere the journal tag to the lower right corner of the card.  Cut the winged heart layers at 1 3/4" from black, pink & white cardstock using a Cricut Expression and the Hello Kitty Greetings cartridge.  Glue the pink layer (heart) to the black cut.  Glitter the white wing cuts and adhere to the black cut using dimensional adhesive.  Attach to the journal tag, and embellish with a chipboard heart, sentiment strip, and red heart jewels.  Add letter stickers to the top of the journal tag, replacing the "C" with a pink heart jewel. 

So, how has your week been going?  Mine is good- a little off schedule because Josh had yesterday off and then starts his overnights tonight.  The carpet is getting replaced in his store, which means almost two weeks of overnight shifts for him.  So-  my days are going to be a little turned around...although he will now be sleeping much of the time I am awake.  So- I might get back to my regular schedule a little bit...we shall see!

I finally got the chance to watch this movie on Sunday:
I thought it was so good!  And I don't even like to cook....Josh is the chef in this household.  But, it was interesting how they combined the life story of Julia Child into Julie Powell's blogging experience.  It was just really wonderful...and there was one cooking tip that I did take from it.  "Don't crowd the mushrooms!!"  I passed that tip along to the chef....tee hee!

Well, I am going to get going for now!  I hope you are happy to be at the middle of the week!  ♥

Until later,
~Lea

35 comments

  1. love that line too Lea, fabulous cards!!! love how vivid they are!!
    glad to hear good reviews about that movie, I wanted to see it too :)
    happy wednesday!
    hugs~
    rae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards! Love the embossing and die cuts! Happy you could join us this week at 2S4Y! :) Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. ACK!! Trying to enable me, Lea!?! ROTFL!! And you know how easily I am swayed! haha! I actually got the new From my Kitchen in the mail today, so maybe i'll crack that open and play! Now that you've inspired me with your gorgeous cards! YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, you are soooo talented my friend! I LOVE everything here :)
    Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW!!!!

    I can't tell you how much I admire your work. I am so glad you played along in my Color Chef Challenge- your card and photography are supurb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards Lea! The pink one (to my sweet love) is my favorite! :) Thanks so much for the inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are making me want to buy more carts! you enabler you! :) I just watched this movie a couple of weeks ago, I liked it a lot too, DH not so much--ah well... thanks for posting such delicious cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous cards! Love the great colors and the embellishments you used... TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, these are all fantastic, but the card you made for the FTL sketch is just AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  10. "To my Sweet love" it my favorite of these cards. <3 Sweet <3
    I love this movie too! It was so sweet and any women around 30 can totally connect with Julia. She is so human. Great movie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy crow Lea, these are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really great cards! Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cards are GORGEOUS girl!!!! Love those tickets. I gotta get me some of those!!

    take care!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, Lea...I can't tell you how thrilled I am that you've been to my blog. I've seen your work everywhere, but noticed them first in magazine pubs. You do beautiful work. I love all these cards and you've inspired me to take out my Cricut. And thanks for recommending that movie. I've always wanted to see it as I love to cook. Take care,
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  15. They are all real beauties and I LOVE the mouth/lips in the top one....
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  16. well i have a crush on you and your card making talent...sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Goodness, girlie! How do you do it?!! Each and every time I'm amazed with your darling, beautiful, gorgeous, adorable cards!! LOVE, LOVE them all! I haven't seen Julie & Julia yet but my Mom also said it's great. Looking forward to seeing it! ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow these all blew my socks off.

    Ann xxx TPE

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh LEA!!! My favorite color is red and you sure made it shine on all of your wonderful creations! I just can't get over the adorable details everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fantastic cards! Thanks for sharing all the detail instructions as well.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I absolutely adore each one of these cards! Fabulous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These cards are fabulous! So romantic...perfect for Valentine's day. I hope you'll enjoy your movie:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dear Lea,
    From now on I will follow your blog, all the cards are eyecandy, the one for GS is beautiful!
    Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your cards are gorgeous, Lea! Valentine's really become you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Lea! Thanks for stoping by my blog and leaving the nice comment.

    Wow! Your creations are spectacular! The previous post with all the purple...fantastic! Great work with the Color Chef challenge. <3 the houndstooth.

    ~Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  26. oh my goodness gosh ~
    these are ALL totally fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. i just love everything you do...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful cards! Thanx for playing at 365 Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Okay - you've sold me with your gorgeous card for the 365 challenge - I simply must have that Lovestruck cartridge now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. love these cards. I am so casing them. I too love this line and have lots of it hoarded away.

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥