I ♥ white cardstock.....

January 29, 2010

I know...totally random title post.  But it is the truth....I ADORE white cardstock.  I always have!  When I actually used to scrapbook....it was pretty much the only color of cardstock that I scrapped with.  Now, I use all colors of cardstock for cardmaking....but white is definitely a go-to, as is kraft.  My favorite white cardstock is the KI white from Bazzill, which has the orange peel texture to it.  I think it is the purest white out there.  But, I'll use all types of white cardstock, as long as it isn't dingy looking!  I am an EOU of white cardstock....tee hee!

So, I went all CAS (clean & simple) the past couple of days, and I have a few cards to share with you.  First up is my card for this week's sketch at CPS.  I flipped the sketch longways, and used hearts in place of the octagons.  Here it is!
"I {heart} u" supplies:
Cardstock: Prism (black) & Bazzill Basics (white)
Stamps: Gina K Designs (Happy Hearts set)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: scarlet, orange, canary, lime, surf, violet, heliotrope)
Rub-ons: American Crafts
Jewels: Doodlebug Designs
Corner Rounder: EK Success

Instructions:  Stamp the heart six times with rainbow colors of pigment ink, and set aside to dry.  Fold black cardstock in half to make your card base, and round the bottom corners.  Round the bottom corners of a block of white cardstock and adhere to the front.  Add the rub-on sentiment to the middle, and underline with six rainbow colored jewels.  Once the ink has dried on the stamped hearts, cut each one out.  Layer in a line at the bottom of the card, and accent with a jewel.  

This next card is based on FTL76 at the Clean & Simple Stamping blog.  The newest sketch was posted today, and I just LOVE it.  Had to use it right away.  This is what I came up with.
"Chocolate Hugs" supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: K & Company
Ribbon: Renaissance By Design
Pearls: Kaiser Craft
Stamps: Cornish Heritage Farms (Kim Hughes Collection: Hugs and Kisses)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: green, frost white, brown)
Glitter: Making Memories
Pen: Martha Stewart Crafts
Corner Rounder: EK Success & Marvy Uchida

Instructions: Fold white cardstock in half to make card base, and round the bottom corners.  Tie ribbon around the front of the card.  Draw the lines with pencil first, and then trace over in black pen.  Accent the four ends with three pearls.  Cut three 1" squares from patterned paper, and round two opposite corners on each block.  Adhere to the front of the card where the black lines intersect.  Stamp the strawberry directly to the last slot, and then stamp to red and brown cardstock.  Cut out, glitter the brown piece, and layer together on the card.  Stamp the sentiment below the squares, "hugging" the black line. 

And I did this next little cutie just to use those fabulous pink heart sequins!!  I ♥ them....and they make a perfect little love tree!!  Love it!  And here is another case of using a licensed character cartridge to get the perfect cut.  The tree trunk comes from the Pooh & friends cartridge, and it is the only cartridge that I own that had this perfect shape.  Love finding little treasures where you think you wouldn't!
"Love is in the Air" supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Sequins: Making Memories
Chipboard: KI Memories
Pearls: Darice Inc. 
Stamp: The Cat's Pajamas (Puppy Love set)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: cranberry) 
Pen: Martha Stewart Crafts
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Diecut Machine: Cricut Expression by Provo Craft
Diecut Cartridge: Pooh & Friends by Provo Craft

Instructions:  Fold white cardstock in half to make card base, and round the bottom corners.  Cut a two inch circle from white cardstock, and heavily coat with spray adhesive.  Start layering the heart sequins to the circle.  Once it is covered, sit something fairly heavy on it and let dry for a few minutes.  Cut the tree trunk at 2 3/4" from kraft cardstocking using a Cricut Expression and the Pooh & Friends cartridge.  Adhere both items to the front of the card, and accent with chipboard hearts.  Stamp the sentiment directly below the tree using cranberry pigment ink.  Add the three pearl accents directly below that, and then draw the black square with a ruler and black pen.  

So, how has your week been?  A little off schedule here because of Josh's overnights, but they aren't forever.  And once he is done, his store will have brand new carpet!  So, it will be worth it.  I have been researching more wedding album options for my collections, hoping to make them more affordable.  I think I have found who I want to use, and the plus is that she is in this state!  I love supporting local business owners, and her albums are beautiful and much more affordable than the company I was thinking of using.  So, it is a win win for me!  Yay!!

So, I loaded a couple of older soundtracks to my iTunes catalog the other day from my humongous CD collection, and I had totally forgotten how much I LOVE this song off the Crazy/Beautiful soundtrack.  I thought I would share it.
Is it such a beautiful melody and voice...love it.  Sorry about the random video...the other one I found was a little inappropriate for my blog, so I just used this one.  I think it is a bunch of random television show and movie couples....but whatever.  I just wanted to share the song with you!!  Tee hee! I hope you enjoyed listening to it!

Well, I need to get going for now!  I hope the start of your weekend has been a fabulous one!  ♥

Until later,
~Lea

41 comments

  1. All cards are beautiful, but the second one, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three are totally gorgeous! You use color in such fabulous ways! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you can 'work' white cardstock like no other! Your design style is amazing! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous CAS cards, Lea! love the chocolate (sparkle) dipped berry...genious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't even say enough how much I love your CPS card for this week! LOVE how those colors stand out against the white. BUT...a close second love is that Chocolate Hugs card, CUTE! I love white too and I have to make myself use other colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such darling cards! I love your chocolate dipped strawberry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You made such yummy cards...as always:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love white, too, and your cards certainly made them more attractive! Have you ever tried GinaK's Pure Luxury? It's perfect for Copics and the thickest in the market.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning Lea, wow hunny what gorgeous cards i just love the clean sophisticated look of them. Such beauties, thank you for sharing! hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another fan of white here. Love all the cards, but especially #1.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my Lea you just keep pumping out such gorgeous cards! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. these are all perfectly lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. you never cease to amaze!! wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. these are soooo cute, especially the chocolate hugs. tfs!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really love your cards, especially the I heart U one. Love the simplicity yet cleverness of it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are "Da' Bomb", Lea!!! I love all your cards, especially the CPS card.. just so flippin' awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love white cardstock too! I don't like those with a greyish tint though!

    Your cards are awesome Lea! You always have such nice details on your cards despite keeping them simple! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, Lea - I've seen you in CARDs...not sure why I've never happened by your blog. I love your cards....so colorful...so fun...so different - an no 2 look alike; what a great sense of style you have. The little chocolate on the strawberry is such a great addition!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely cards, Lea. Love the second one. I am a vintage kind of girl so Vintage Creame from PTI is my favorite. I do love your clean and simple style.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! I love your style! What wonderful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Lea! I LOVE all three cards! They are all just simply beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your cards..especially the first one...so clean and so simple...it just took my breath away..
    I {heart} it...

    Tejal (India)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Lea!
    You make awesome cards! I've been missing in the blogging world for months but never stopped dropping by here just to look at your beautiful creations. Now, I'm inspired again. Thanks to people like you!
    Cheers,
    Mei Ann

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love coming here for a visit! You always have the most colorful, cheerful cards!!! AWESOME as always!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hey Lea I have something on my blog for you.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love these cards, especially the chocolate hugs! What a cool design.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Especially LOVE the chocolate hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  28. These are all awesome, Lea! Love your style!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I allways love your "rainbow coloured cards". This one is so stinking cute. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  30. These are SO pretty, Lea!!! I love ALL of these cards and the little colorful stamped hearts with the flower...EEKS!!! LOVE, LOVE !!!! ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow such pretty cards.I love that I don't even have to see which blog I'm reading in my reader to know that they are your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh wow, such cute cards! I LOVE the strawberry dipped in glitter - fabulous!
    The heart rainbow with matching rhinestones is awesome as well, and gotta love that tree made out of those heart sequins! You've done a great job on all of those cards!

    Cindy :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. OK Lea I am totally in love with these white cardstock cards! I must attempt to recreate something like that. fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh man, I cannot even tell you how much I love these! especially that first one...clean and simple rainbows *swoon*!!!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  35. Gorgeous cards, Lea! Love them all!! ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Lea, just love these cards. Loved the first one so much I 'cased' it!! Blogged about your blog on my papercrafts blog. Hope you don't mind!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love all of these cards! WOW! You blow me away! Majorly in love with your i heart u card!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Beautiful cards! I love the second one so much I'm going to try to do a St. Patty's version of it. Thank you for sharing your amazing work!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥