A new look for Cupcakes & Sunshine! ♥

January 16, 2010

A new year and a new age in my life means my blog is getting a new look as well!  I have been figuring out the layout that want and how to make changes to it for a couple months now, and it is finally pretty much where I want it.  And now I have put together a new header too!  Something that is a little more "Lea" current, but still encompasses my love of the cupcakes and sunshine name.  That will NEVER go out of style!  So, I hope you like it!!

Well, I am full on into love/valentine's mode now that my birthday is over, and I have a couple cards to share with you today!  This first card covers a few challenges actually.  It is (loosely) based on Taylored Expressions Sketch #98, fits the theme for 365 Cards: Tea for Two challenge, and uses the colors for Stacey's Curtain Call Color Challenge 12 (chocolate chip, Pretty in Pink, Rose Red & Very Vanilla).

"You Make Me Bubble" supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: K & Company
Ribbon: Michael's brand
Stickers: Target brand
Stamps: Renaissance by Design (Coffee and Tea set, Coffee and Tea add-on set)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: chestnut, razzberry, cranberry & Chalk: pink pastel)
Jewels: Creative Cafe (red) & Darice Inc. (pink heart)
Border Punches: Martha Stewart Crafts
Corner Rounder: EK Success

Instructions: Fold chocolate brown cardstock in half to make card base, and round the bottom corners.  Round the bottom corners of a block of striped paper and adhere to the bottom.  Round the top corners of a block of vanilla cardstock and adhere to the top.  Punch a heart border to a block of heart paper and adhere at the seam.  Punch a scalloped heart border to dotted paper and cut into a thin strip.  Adhere to the front.  Tie ribbon around the bottom of the card, and accent with two glitter heart stickers.  Stamp the sentiment, mugs and heart to the vanilla cardstock block.  Accent with jewels. 

And this card isn't based on any challenge.  If it isn't clear by now, I love this hearts stamp....so I get the itch to use it a lot!  ♥

"Be My Valentine" supplies:

Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: Imaginisce
Button/Paper Frill: Doodlebug Designs
Ribbon: Michael's brand
Twine: Darice Inc.
Jewels: Westrim Crafts
Rub-on: Making Memories
Stamps: Kitchen Sink Stamps (Plaid Plus! set)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: Cranberry, Razzberry, Pink)
Corner Rounder: EK Success

Instructions:  Fold white cardstock in half to make card base, and round the top left & bottom right corners.  Add red paper frill to a strip of heart paper and round the top left corner.  Adhere to the left side of the card.  Add the sentiment rub-on to the lower right corner.  Stamp the heart stripes to the front of the card, and accent the bottoms with heart jewels.  Tie ribbon around the left side of the card, and attach a button to the middle of the bow with twine.  Add a heart jewel to the top of the button.

Now to life stuff! ♥  I have had some great birthday filled days!  On Wednesday night, I went to dinner with my family at Lydia's in Butte. I opened my gift from my family after we ordered.  They got me a super adorable top, and a new pair of skinny jeans.  Skinny jeans are a necessity when you wear cute fuzzy boots a lot during winter, and I really needed a new pair.  So, thanks mom!!  (They fit too, so no need to exchange!  Yay, I didn't have to go a size up! Hee hee!) Then dinner came.  It is a neat dining experience...and all these extras come with your meal order.  The table gets appetizer to share, and you get a salad.  Then spaghetti and raviolis come with your dinner order, and everyone gets ice cream for dessert.  It was very yummy!  Here we all are at dinner together.

And this was my yummy ice cream, with a candle in it!  Everyone else got "turtle" ice cream....but I went with huckleberry.  You can't get huckleberry ice cream in very many states....and it is SO good.

Josh and I drove home on Thursday morning, which was my actual birthday.  We had a fun day hanging out together, and we went to see this in 3D at the theatre.

It. Was. Awesome.  Everything about it.  Just an amazing movie, and the CGI was top notch.  Considering pretty much everything was computer generated on the movie....just awesome.  They did a fabulous job with the 3D work as well.  I highly recommend seeing this in the theatre...and I am normally not a big fan of watching things in 3D.

And I got a little surprise at my door yesterday!!  Dwight & Vanessa, my mother and father in-law, had these delived to me.

Aren't they so pretty?!  They are so fresh and springy, which is a nice feeling in this dull and dismal weather.  It has just been grey and yucky here, so these are a little beacon of light in this blah time.

So, do you want to know what my present is from Josh?  I get to go on a little scrapbooking product shopping spree.  I did recently purchase a couple new stamp sets, which are on there way to me in the next couple days!  But, I am waiting to buy some new release items from CHA.  Pretty nice little gift, huh?

So, I have been a spoiled little girl this week.  But, considering I turned the not so fun number....I think I deserve it.  Tee hee! 

Well, I am going to get going for now! I hope your Saturday has been whatever you have wanted it to be....fun, peaceful, restful, lazy.  All of it!  Talk to you soon! ♥

Until later,
~Lea

14 comments

  1. It looks & sounds like you had a wonderful birthday Lea!! I love the pic of your family at dinner, it sounds scrumptious!! And.. is it wrong for me to say i'd kill for your curls!? Soo jealous! lol! Your cards are yummy too!! Yay for pink! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - I'm dying to see Avatar.. I saw the previews last time I was at the show and it looks amazing! Glad you liked it, going to have to try to get there before it's out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are so gorgeous, Lea! I love the sparkle and sweetness of them:) Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh girlfriend!! Hearts galore, jewels, pinks, reds, and browns!! Truly my FAVE!!!!!! These two cards are pure perfection!!! LOVE LOVE!!! And, the cutest stamp sets, EVER!

    I'm so happy you had such a memorable birthday!! Everything sounds AND looks amazing. Welcome to the "thirties". Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt! LOL! Big birthday hugs to you! ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday!! love your new blog look! Your cards are so sweet...love the tea one, thx for playing!! Your valentines one is sooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to you! Love your cards (as usual), but I have to say... great minds really do think alike - we did similiar themes for a couple of challenges again! hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday!! It sounds like you've had an amazing day. I love your two cards. So LOVEly:) The hearts are so cute and the border punch is very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Belated Birthday! Looks like you had FUN. :o) Fabulous cards! Love the colors and all the blings you used. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! Thanks for the ideas on the Cricut cuts. I might have to do that. I love the MS border punches you used. I saw them at Michaels and when i decided to get them, they were gone. Oh well. :D
    Great Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I finally saw Avatar this weekend, too! and I agree - it was awesome!!! Beautiful creations here!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your cards Lea....they are so clean and simple and stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, your cards are, of course, gorgeous!!

    And it sounds like you had a wonderful birthday!! Kinda makes up for having to turn 30! LOL! Craft shopping, now that's my kind of present!

    (-: Heidi

    PS LOVE the new blog look!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOnderful birthday!! Love your reddish Valentine cards!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥