Birthday Rainbows...

January 11, 2010

Happy Monday everyone!!  I am coming to you live from Sheridan, MT...where we are hanging out with the fam for a few days.  I brought some stuff with me to make cards, because I knew my mornings/afternoons would be pretty quiet.  My dad and Josh are ice fishing, my mom is running her little shop, and Casey is at school.

I have a whimsy little card to share with you today.  It is based on Taylored Expressions Sketch #97, and 365 Cards: Crazy Eight challenge.  The challenge was to use 8 colors....I say that is EASY when you incorporate a rainbow.♥  You have seven colors right there.....except I omitted indigo, and then added white & pink.
"Very Happy Birthday"supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper/Jewels/Button: Doodlebug Designs
Ribbon: Renaissance By Design
Twine: Darice Inc. 
Feltie: Sassafras
Rub-on: American Crafts
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Diecut Machine: Cricut by Provo Craft
Diecut Cartridge: Storybook by Provo Craft

Instructions:  Round the corners of a block of red glittered paper and adhere to the front of a white card base.  Round the left hand corners of a block of white cardstock, and adhere to the front.  Cut the scallop at 3" from pink cardstock using a Cricut and Storybook cartridge.  Adhere to the front.  Layer pink dotted ribbon over the white and pink cardstock.  Cut the circle at 2 1/2" from white cardstock using a Cricut and Storybook cartridge.  Adhere the rainbow feltie to the circle, and add the rub-on sentiment directly below it.  Attach the circle to the pink scallop using dimensional adhesive.  Tie an orange button around a pink bow with twine, and adhere to the right side of the circle.  Accent the left side with rainbow colored jewels.

Do you want to see how I can travel so easily with my Cricut cartridges?  I took a few photos so you could see.
I bought these two items at Michael's ages ago, because they were the perfect fit for what I needed.  The first photo fits the booklets perfectly, and it is pretty important to have the books with you when you are using a Cricut.  The next two photos are of the same item.  This carrying case has two zippered sides to it, one side for carts, and the other side for keypads.  They are organized exactly the same way, so everything is easy to find.  The first row is font cartridges.  The next two rows are shape cartridges, and the last row is licensed cartridges (ie: Disney, Hello Kitty, etc....).  I didn't have to bring my E with me, because when I got it I gave my mom the baby bug.  So, I am just using hers while I am here.  But, having a storage system like this doesn't make it too hard to bring the E anywhere if I need to.

And now onto life stuff! ♥  My little bro cooked dinner for Josh and me (and himself) last night.  I was pretty impressed...I don't think I have ever seen him cook anything.  So, of course, I had to take some photos.  Here he is cooking us "piggy burgers".
You know he is working hard when the tongue sticks out....he has done that ever since he was little.  And here he is with his piggy burger.  I opted for a lighter "piggy" version....and just had a couple of small pieces of bacon on mine, and held the big chunks of ham.  The boys enjoyed the real deal though!
So, after that he went and lifted for the second time.  And he came home and ate even MORE food, including a protein shake.  Sigh- to have the metabolism of a 19 year old male athlete.  If only, right?

And I just have to share this photo of our little cuties too!
This is a rare sight.  While these two love each other in their own way....they still aren't fond enough of each other to normally lay this close.  I think they were both exhausted from the car trip over, and the excitement of being in a different house.  They're so adorable....we ♥ them!

Well, I am going to sign off for now.  I hope your Monday hasn't been too manic! :)

Until later,
~Lea

PS: If you haven't made yourself eligible for my Imaginisce giveaway yet, be sure to visit this post HERE and get eligible.  I will be drawing the winner on Thursday!

18 comments

  1. I love it when you post rainbow cards - they are always so bright and fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent combo of challenges!!! I love your card!! Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always love your work! Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photography is beautiful! Love your blog and thanks for the nice comments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME!!! That card is pure energy and happiness! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lea, you are a genius with color! This is such a cheerful, fun card! I love it! What a great way to store your cartridges and it's perfect for traveling. Thank you for taking photos of your "system". I'm glad you enjoyed your modified "piggy burger". What a sweet little brother! :o) ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeously beautiufl as always Lea..fab photo`s:)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thankyou for nice comments in my blog.
    This is a really cute card in bright colours and thankyou for sharing photoes and story.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I seriously could NOT love this card more! Cute, cute, cute!!

    Wow, a little bro that cooks for you! I could never get mine to do that.

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute rainbow card. You hit the 365 Cards challenge right on target!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the blingy rainbow, Lea, your card is so bright and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. CONGRATS! Really cute rainbow :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely delightful! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on top 3~ your card is adorable! I am sooooo jealous of your cricutness... i'm trying to save for one! Maybe someday- big sigh! lol.

    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello dear Lea:

    ohhh... I am so impressed by your work. It´s so georgeous!!!
    It is just a piece of luck that I have found your website meantime I was looking for some tips to make original postcards for my family...

    Ohh... I would love to know how to make these and definetelly I am becomming a fun of your blog... Thanks for sharing!

    I am writing you from Spain and it is pretty difficult to find here the tools necessary for this creative work. But I would ask you for a little help and some indications.

    I have seen on this post the photo of your Cricut cartridges bags... And I would kindly ask you where I can buy these "boxes-bags", if it´s bought with all the inside tools separated or all together at once with in that nice pinky ones? Is it very expensive to get all these tools? And is it hard to manage to learn this technique?

    Would you be so kind take a while and let me know about this? Thanks, thanks and once more:
    Thank you soooo much for your time and help!!!

    I am going to leave you my email:
    zuzijancosko(add)hotmail.com

    Thank you, Lea!! :-)))
    And once more, Congratulations for such a pretty job!!!

    Un abrazo = One hug,
    Zuzana

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Lea, I love your blog! I hope you don't mind ~ I featured your DIY Cricut cartridge solution on my website:

    http://discountdiecutcartridges.com/2012/03/cricut-cartridge-storage-ideas/

    Thanks for the inspiration! Dawn :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥