Papertrey Ink January Blog Hop

January 25, 2010

I have decided to {finally} participate in this month's Papertrey Ink blog hop.  I have read the challenge every month for months....but never had a little bit of extra time to come up with something for it.  Well, I purchased some of the December and January released stamps from PTI as a birthday gift to myself....and decided the blog hop challenge was the perfect time break my new stamps out and put them to use!  Here are the details of the challenge:

Total Package Challenge

During this month's release there was a lot of chatter about the interior of cards and how they don't
always get the attention they need.  This month's challenge is to create a card that has the "total
package".  Create any style card you can dream up, then take it the next step.  Embellish the interior
and adorn the envelope.  You might even want to add a little something to the back of the card!  Be sure
to take photos of ever aspect so we can all be inspired with what you create!  We can't wait to see what
you make!

So, without further ado....here is what I came up with.  The paper that I used by Doodlebug was perfect for this....other than the fact that the background is stark white.  So, to warm it up, and give it that just out of the oven cupcake feel....I warmed it up with antique linen distress ink and that Tim Holtz tool with the sponge on the end (I have no idea what it is called).
That is my cute little baby card!  I realized as I was getting the card finished up this afternoon that I am completely out of envelopes.  So- decorating an envelope for it will have to come later.  I don't actually utilize envelopes that often because handmade cards are normally going along with a present of some sort...so I use them to decorate the package! ♥

Papertrey Ink Stamps & Supplies: 
Background Basics: Hearts
Baby Button Bits
Inside & Out: Baby
Vintage Buttons Holiday Mix

Other Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper/Jewel: Doodlebug Designs
Ribbon: Renaissance By Design
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: orchid, Cocoa & Chalk: lime pastel, toffee)
Glitter: DecoArt
Corner Rounder: EK Success

Well, I better get going for now!  A new Heroes is on tonight....yay!  I missed last weeks show because we were out and about doing something, so I am going to go see if it is available on Netflix streaming.  If not...I am sure it is online for veiwing!  I hope that you have a wonderful rest of your Monday! ♥

Until later,
~Lea

59 comments

  1. Its beautiful!Love that cupcake! I'll be posting my creation soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cupcake card really looks good enough to eat! Love it! And, PTI stamps are always a great gift for yourself, no matter the occasion ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your cupcake card

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooo This is just gorgeous! Love the glitter and the fun and funky colours :)
    Hugs Kel

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this lea!!!! fabulous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. VERY adorable- that cupcake is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card! I love the polka dotted & glittery cupcake.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUM!!! so cute card..love it. your work always rock!!
    Thanks for your sweet comments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice! The colors are so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Lea, welcome to PTI's neck of the woods! :)
    Your card rocks like Phil Collins! Seriously cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super fun bling throughout the card. Way to rock the blog hop challenge!

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The cupcake on the back is just too sweet for words.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lea,
    I love your little cupcake card. Isn't this stamp set fun to play with. I especially love the way you glittered the cupcake icing. Very cute!!!
    Mimi~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute! I love how coordinated it is!

    ReplyDelete
  15. EEEK! This card makes me so totally happy!! LOVE this, Lea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE the cupcake! Cute card and inside!

    ReplyDelete
  17. YUMMY card inside & out! Love that big rhinestone on top of the cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lea, your cupcake is so, so perfect with this paper! Love the sparkle AND the back of the card too! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this card. I have the Doodlebug paper somewhere, but now I need that cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  20. SO CUTE!! Love the cupcakes!!! (I have this paper and it is my DDs favorite! :) ) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very cute, and such a sweet use of that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh so CUTE! I love all the cupcakes and your clever use of them. Great colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. So sweet! Love the colors and your cupcake is wonderful, with all the sparkles and 'cherry' on top!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very sweet! I love all the sparklies!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is adorable. I love the cupcake paper and the stamped cupcake. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a happy card! The cupcake is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very cute card. and yea for Heroes!!! It is my hubby and I's fav show to watch together:-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. EEEKKK! What awesome cupcakes! Who makes this paper? I LOVE IT! Your card is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  29. this card is such a cutie pie, card!!! love the fun paper and colors with the kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I just adore the cupcake theme!!! The colors are fantastic and I love the polka dotted ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Mmmmm, love the colorful cupcake theme!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Glad to see you joined the PTI Blog Hop, Lea! Very cute card you made with all your new PTI stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hey your card matches your blog header! This is sooo stinkin' cute - - totally thought it was a birthday card...but so great that you made it a baby card!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great use of patterned paper! Very cute cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  35. love this card Lea! it's so fun to see how you finished the inside of the card--SUPER sweet. i can totally see you using those cupcake stamps over and over! :D

    it was my first PTI hop too... finally took the plunge after looking on like you :) great job!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love that glittery cupcake on the front. I gotta get that stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Lea this is simply adorable! Love that cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  38. It is so cute. Both from the outside and the inside:)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oh my gosh! I love it. So bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oh wow, this is gorgeous. Love the colours and its a great design too. Wishing you a wonderful Tuesday.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi Lea! I didn't have time to visit your blog during the Blog Hop yesterday due to the time difference, so I am catching up now. Your card is gorgeous and bright as all your other cards. You did a wonderful job. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Super sweet card, Lea! The little cupcake is precious and I love the inside, too! Such a cute sentiment!! ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  43. This is beautiful Lea. Like you I always want to participate but never do, you have inspired me to try for it next month!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Such a fun, sweet & adorable card!!! LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  45. So adorable Lea! I love every little thing about it!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  46. Your card is absolutely yummy Lea - I just love everything about it! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  47. This card is so super sweet!! Love it! Love the back, too.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Glad you were able to join in this month. Nice job! The cupcake is super sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  49. So sweet! I like the paper piecing and the glitter, the paper choice. It all came together so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  50. I am so loving that cupcake! I like how it matches your base as well as the pp. Great job on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  51. I'm hopping a little later than normal! Your project is so sweet that I'm getting toothache LOL! I could just eat that cute cupcake!
    x

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥