You're Pretty Amazing

November 1, 2012

Happy Thursday, everyone!!  Did you have an awesome Halloween yesterday?  We had a pretty normal day, but we had a lot of fun at small group.  Our pastor dressed up as Eddie from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, including the black dickie showing underneath the white sweater.....CLASSIC.  We played a couple games together, laughed and had fun!  When we got home, we watched the 1998 remake of Psycho....not even close to as good as the original, but it was what was available on Netflix that wouldn't give me nightmares.  Tee hee!  We are dressing up for a costume murder mystery party on Saturday...and I CAN'T wait!!!  It is going to be SO fun!

I have a card to share with you today, that I went a little crazy embellishing.  So, please ignore the fact that I had to prop it up in the photo with one of my clear blocks....the card is a little heavy on the left side.  Ha!!  This card uses a lot of the Prima "Tea Thyme" collection, and a lovely stamp set from the new company CAS-ual Fridays Stamps.  The challenge blog now has it's own stamp company...and that is fantastic!!  I love seeing all these new little companies popping up here and there...it's awesome!  While my card is not even remotely clean & simple...I wanted to showcase that you can still use their fabulous stamps.  Here is what I created!
Instructions:
1. Cut doily shaped card from floral paper at 5 3/4" using the Cricut Expression & Wild Cards cartridge, then fold in half.
2. Cut a circle from grey paper at 5 1/4" using the same cartridge, then adhere to the front.
3. Distress ink a doily, then adhere to the middle.
4. Diecut the lacey circle from floral paper, then layer with a wooden clock to the front.
5. Cut out the label, stamp the sentiment to it and adhere with foam adhesive.
6. Accent the sentiment label with jewels.
7. Layer together the flowers and leaves to the left side of the sentiment.
8. Accent the flowers with jewel flourishes, a gold pin, the love bulb, and the love zipper to finish.

Challenges:
-Mojo Monday #265 - Sketch
-Simon Says Stamp - Shaped Card
-The Play Date Cafe #156 - Color Inspiration
-Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger - Photo Inspiration
-Fab N Funky #145 - Diecuts/Punches
-Charisma Cardz #43 - Card Recipe










So, I have had people ask me how you send a card like this.  The short answer...not in a normal envelope.  Ha!  I use cards like this to decorate gift packages quite often.  Or, if you want to send just the card...I suggest using a padded envelope that is a little bit larger.  No matter what, a card like this is going to cost more to send...so I find that is the best way.

It's time to start a new book in my Bible study!!  I am studying 1 Peter, and then 2 Peter will be next...so let's get started!
1 Peter 1: 1-9
Before I dive into my thoughts on the verses, I want to make a short list of things I know about Peter.  He was one of the 12 disciples...he was the first to realize Jesus was the Messiah...he completely misunderstood Jesus' mission...he denied Jesus three times during His trial...but was forgiven & restored by Jesus upon His resurrection.
I have a very close friend who said to me once (in regards to faith), "You start at Jesus, and go from there."  So simple, and yet so true.  The fact is as Christians we don't have to agree on much, but we do have to agree on Jesus...what He did...and that He is returning to us.
Verses 8 & 9 just give me goosebumps, "Though you have not seen Him, you love Him; and even though you do not see Him now, you believe in Him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the end result of your faith, the salvation of your souls."
The honest truth is the joy I feel in my life because of Jesus IS inexplicable...hard to understand...hard to put words on.  And it's hard to describe my belief in Jesus, other than I just do.  Faith is defined as "belief that is not based on proof."  Pretty sure Jesus is historically proven as man.  But I believe in His divinity.  I believe in what His mission was on Earth.  I believe in Him as a Messiah....a Savior.  Yet...I still get to call Him friend.  Amazing, I tell you....simply amazing.

Until later,
~L.

22 comments

  1. My jaw just dropped! Absolutely spectacularly gorgeous! Oh my gosh, you made my stamps look amazing!!! Love, Love, Love!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this stamp set too Lea! Love CAS-ual Fridays! Your card is absolutely stunning - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Lea! Love all the amazing details! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is pretty amazing! Love the zipper embellishment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great use of a CAS stamp on a fully embellished card ... a smashing combination!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, love all the embellies. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Fab'n'Funky this week.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lea! I love this round card with all its 'extras'. :) There's lots to see!

    Had to laugh about your pastor's costume. I love those National Lampoon movies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, I am absolutely blown away. There are so many beautiful details- it's definitely a work of art! I'm not sure how you ever part with your beautiful creations, Lea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is GORGEOUS and I NEED some of those light bulb thingies!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just a gorgeous card...I hand deliver these type of cards...or tuck them into the gift bag with a gift...

    Sometimes I even buy the dollar store gussetted clear bags (they come in a set of 10 in the party section?. They are perfect to tuck a heavily layered card into and then tie shut with twine or??? Sometimes they have snoflakes in them...I use them for Christmas cards...sometimes littel white party streamers...I use them for birthday cards.
    Just some ideas...

    Love, Love, Love your card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE how you used that sentiment! Stunning!!! I would love it if you share this gorgeous card over CAS-ual Friday's Flickr group! http://www.flickr.com/groups/2065969@N25/ Thanks for the inspirations, Lea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely stunning Lea. Love the pretty Prima embellishments. :)

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous !!! I love everything about this card...the flowers, the colors , the doily, just everything! Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely STUNNING! Love all the fabulous floral details and warm colors! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would say "holy crap, that is one amazing card" - but with your writing about Holy, I probably shouldn't - ha. Or maybe I should. Because this card is out of this world. Wow. Wow. And wow one more time. So much stuff. You have an amazing eye, Miss Lea.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, wow, wow! I wish I could create masterpieces like this - but its just not in my "wheelhouse"... so I just drool on the websites of the truly creative like you!
    Bernadet
    http://bernadetscraftblog.blogspot.com
    P.S.
    If you have a moment, can you direct me to the place to add the photo links to products like you do? I LOVE that feature. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow! This is gorgeous...love the shape and all the details Lea! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  18. so lovely!! love those perfect details! Thanks for joining us in the Play Date Cafe!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your card is gorgeous. Congrats on your win at Moxie Fab! Thanks for your thoughts on Jesus too. I absolutely agree about faith. I can't explai why I believe other than I've chosen to trust what my heart knows is truth and walk in that regardless of what my eyes see. Have a great day.

    Lisa
    snappinandscrappin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous, thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz Challenges.
    Kate xxx
    CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card, love your colours and pretty flowers, thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz, hugs, Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥