Every. Single. Day.

November 2, 2012

Happy Friday, everyone!!  We've made it through another week!!  And can you believe it is November....seriously, where has this year gone?!  The next two months are going to just fly by...full of baking, shopping, celebrating, loving...I just want to try and savor every moment of it.  Don't you agree?  We are going to head to the library to pay some late fines (OOOPS!) and pick out some new books & such.  I think I want to have a game night tonight...just waiting to see if some of our friends get back to us.  If not...maybe just the two of us will play games....tee hee!

I have a clean & graphic card to share with you that I created today.  It uses the My Mind's Eye Follow Your Heart "Be Amazing" collection, and some older stamps from Glitz Design, which I just LOVE.  I loved this week's sketch at CAS(E) This Sketch!, and I wanted to share how it could be used with more than a single layer.  Here is what I made!
 Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from kraft cardstock.
2. Cut graph paper slightly smaller, then adhere.
3. Cut out hexagons from patterned paper, and adhere to the left side with foam adhesive.
4. Stamp the sentiment to a dotted paper banner, then layer to the bottom hexagon with a diecut star & twine threaded button.
5. Add a twine threaded grey button & two brads to the upper corner of the hexagons.
6. Wrap twine around the top, add a double bow and accent the center with a brad to finish.

Challenges:
-CAS(E) this Sketch! #4
-CAS-ual Fridays #77 - Masculine
-Do You Stack Up #96 - Brads
-Our Daily Bread #128 - Masculine










I know I went a little crazy with the layering yesterday, so I figured a little "less is more" was a good idea for today.  Tee hee!  I hope you like my male inspired card today!!  Have a great rest of your Friday!!  Here are my latest Bible study notes.
1 Peter 1:10-16
I read somewhere online that the word "Holy" is used 567 times in Scripture.  Truthfully people....I'm going to take their word for it.  Ha! Pretty sure I'm not going to go through the entire Bible and count it for myself.  Let's just take it at face value that holiness is a pretty important part of the Bible.
"Be Holy, because I am Holy."  This was first written in Leviticus, and then quoted here.  Goodness, it seems so simple to read....doesn't it?! Then you try living it out, & fail miserably.  At least I do anyways...totally not speaking for anyone else. :")
I did a small word study on the Hebrew word for Holy; which is kadesh, and means "set apart".  This reminds me that it is written to be "in this world, but not of this world."  I don't feel like I always know what that means.  It's been explained  that we are "supposed to look or seem different" to others....still not completely sure what that means.  I do know that being holy doesn't mean being "holier than thou".  I know I will fail at it more than I succeed, but God knows that my heart is in the right place.  I know that He will gently remind me when I'm not acting very holy.  And I know that striving for holiness is a lifelong venture...it will not happen overnight, & I will never reach it fully.  But it is always something to keep striving for. 

Until later,
~L.

24 comments

  1. Oooh - what a gorgeous gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely DELIGHTFUL, Lea!! I love the elements in this gorgeous card! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful...I'm your latest follower! Great blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, I really like it! I love the paper and the position of the buttons/brads.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, Lea. Love the layers on this CAS card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the layers of embellishments!! The designer paper is beautiful!! What a simple yet elegant masculine card Lea!!
    Love the sentiment!! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!
    Hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card, love the way you combined elements! So glad you played along with us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous, Lea! Love how you used those papers and embellies! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this! That paper is really fun! Those hexagons are my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card Lea! Love the hexagons and the way tou used the pretty dp.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those hexagon elements are supa funky!
    Thanks so much for sharing this week at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely amazing card.I loved all the small details you have added to it...and loved all the beautiful brads.Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week.
    Hugs
    Archana

    ReplyDelete
  15. absolutely lovely. thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this SKETCH!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful card! Love the backround paper and the hexagons!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous arrangement of goodies and trinkets on this CAS card, Lea. You have such a knack for that!

    I like that you include notes from your Bible studies in your posts. I really appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lea, I would love to see how you figure out where to place your embellies! You are a master at it! And I love how you added so many layers and details but still kept a lot of "white space". Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Perfect CAS card! Love the colors and layout!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh it's just awesome! The way you placed your embellishments is really great. Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥