Warmest Winter Wishes

November 27, 2012

Happy Tuesday, everyone!!  How was the beginning of your week?  We pulled up all the Christmas decorations, and I plan on slowly getting everything up and hopefully finished by December 1st.  So, after not working out since last Monday, I went to Oula (dance fitness) two days in a row....and I am SO sore. It's a good sore though....so I shouldn't complain.  I took today off, but will be back in the gym tomorrow & Thursday for Oula again! Yay!  Oula is only offered in a few different states right now, but if dance fitness & Top 40 music is up your alley....I suggest you learn about Oula and start asking your local gym to look into it!

I have a rustic looking winter card to share with you this evening.  I love sharing ideas on how I use non-holiday or seasonal papers for cards of those occasions, so today I combined the Glitz Design "Yours Truly" papers with some seasonal stamps from WPlus9.  Here is what I created!
Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from blue cardstock.
2. Cut oatmeal cardstock slightly smaler and adhere.
3. Punch two upper crest strips from dotted paper, then adhere to each side of a motif paper strip.
4. Add the entire strip to the middle of the card.
5. Diecut the snowflake from felt and adhere.
6. Diecut the circle from oatmeal cardstock, distress ink, then stamp & embellish.
7. Adhere the circle to the top of the snowflake.
8. Diecut the banner from oatmeal cardstock, distress ink, then stamp & adhere.
9. Thread two buttons with twine, and adhere to each side of the sentiment.

Challenges:
-CAS-ual Fridays #79 - Winter Blue
-Addicted to CAS #1 - Snow
-Dynamic Duos #30 - Navy & Silver
-Challenge Up Your Life #83 - First Snow










I hope you enjoyed my rustic little snowflake card tonight...I really love how it turned out!! 

Until later,
~L.

19 comments

  1. Gorgeous, Lea! LOVE your perfect CAS snow themed card! Thanks so much for playing along in our first challenge at ATCAS! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Adore the elements that you incorporated into this beauty! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays, Lea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Lea! Beautiful colours and the elegance paired with the twine bow is wonderfully chic! Just so pretty!
    Smiles,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very beautiful! I really love the navy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw your card in the Addicted to CAS #1 gallery. VERY NICE card full of wonderful design elements!I like your center panel and layered snowflake presentation, as well as, the glittery blue buttons. Very nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Lea! I really like the sparkly buttons and all the embellis. Everything came together so well. Thank you for joining us at the first ATCAS challenge. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So purdy, Lea! I like the blues paired with the neutrals. I never heard of Oula! I just joined a gym, though, so my hubby and I can go together at least on the weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's beautiful I love the rich colours and those sparkly buttons - gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, so easy and elegant are this great work... I love it... Thanks for playing with CUYL

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really beautiful. I love how you used the DD colors. That snowflake focal image is superb! So glad you could join Dynamic Duos this week. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all of the layers and details to your snowflake. It is so elegant. Thanks for playing our first round at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such an elegant card. I love the twine bow. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the "old world" look of this card and the gorgeous sparky buttons. Thanks for joining in with us this week at Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Lea!!!Thanks for sharing your Winter Blues project with us @ CASual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Lea! Love the felt snowflake behind the stamped one, and that twine bow with the metal accent looks fabulous! Thanks for playing along with Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is wonderful!!!! LOVE the blues.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh, I sense a CASE of this beauty in my near future! The damask paper is lovely, and the way you embellished the snowflake with the twine is genius.

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥