Home Grown Gratitude

November 4, 2012

Happy Sunday, everyone!  I hope that you have had a fabulous weekend so far!  We went to a murder mystery party last night, and it was SO much fun!!  It was a costume party, so that is when me & my friend Meagan dressed up in our Halloween costumes.  As I said before, we were Capitol people from the Hunger Games...and my costume was basically supposed to be Effie Trinket.  They turned out FAB!!!  I will post a couple photos below from the night!

I have a harvest themed Thanksgiving card to share with you today!  It features the My Mind's Eye Lost & Found 2 "Sunshine" papers, and some stamps from WPlus9 that I never had the chance to use as I had to skip that release week.  I am SO glad I was able to pull them out and ink them up...because they are SO SO cute, and perfect for Fall/Thanksgiving/Harvest type cards.  Here is what I created!
Instructions:
1. Make 5" square card from brown cardstock.
2. Cut polka dot paper slightly smaller, distress ink the edges and adhere.
3. Distress ink two doilies, and adhere to the front, wrapping the excess around each side.
4. Distress ink a lined paper block and adhere to the middle.
5. Diecut a label from doily paper, distress ink and adhere to the front.
6. Diecut the scarecrow & basket layers, distress ink & stamp as shown.
7. Adhere to the label cut, then accent the basket with pearls.
8. Tie a bow from gold ribbon, adhere to the upper left corner & accent with flowers.
9. Stamp the sentiment to a vellum strip, then adhere a strip of glitter to the bottom of it.
10. Adhere the vellum strip to the bottom of the card, then accent with pearls to finish.

Challenges:
-Delighful Challenges - Sketch
-Young Crafters Unite #15 - Warm & Cozy Colors
-PaperPlay #44 - Thanks A Bunch










I hope you like my cute little homespun card today!!  I think it turned out so darling!!  Here are some photos from the party we attended last night!  This first one is me with one of my closest friends, Meagan:
 Here is me with my husband, Josh:
And here is a photo of the whole group that attended:
You can just call me Effie, if you'd like!  Tee hee!  I hope you have a great rest of your Sunday, and the last little bit of your weekend!

Until later,
~L.

8 comments

  1. Fab card, fab pictures and looks like a fab party too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the embellishment on your card. Awesome party pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is gorgeous! I have GOT to start pulling out vellum more often! Fun costumes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no idea who Effie is. But that wig and those hot pink tights are hotttt!! Love seeing "real life" pictures on blogs too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Effie costume! My daughter LOVES the whole Hunger Games thing, the movie, the books...I'll have to show her your costume. :)

    Your card is oh so sweet, and very autumnal, Lea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenge hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Delightful Challenges. Hope to see you again next week as well. joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card! Thanks for joining our YCU challenge =)

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥