Warm Holiday Wishes

November 9, 2012

Happy Friday, everyone!!  Are you all ready for the weekend?  I know that I certainly am...although I will be spending most of it warm & cozy in my home.  The temperature has really dropped here, and this weekend is supposed to be super cold.  So- I plan on sticking close to home, and hopefully spending a bit of time in my crafty area!  I know I live in Montana and all....but I am just NOT ready for winter this year.  But since it is inevitable...I should probably just deal, huh?  :)

I have a sweet & simple winter card to share with you today!  It uses a little bit of the Prima "Firefly" collection, and some Papertrey Ink stamps.  It's been awhile since breaking out some of my PTI stamps, and these are some of my faves.  Here is what I created!
Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from purple cardstock, then round the bottom corners.
2. Round the top corners of a floral paper block, and adhere to the front.
3. Round the bottom corners of a white cardstock block, and adhere to the front.
4. Stamp the sentiment to a matching purple cardstock strip, and adhere across the seam.
5. Wrap twine around the top of the sentiment strip two times & adhere.
6. Stamp the snowflakes to the right side of the white cardstock, block, then accent with a twine bow & jewels.
7. Adhere three flowers to the upper right corner to finish.

Challenges:
-CAS(E) This Sketch! #5
-The Play Date Cafe #157 - Color Inspiration
-Delightful Challenge - Snowflakes
-Really Reasonable Ribbon #59 - Winter










I hope you enjoyed my sweet little winter card today!  It's funny...I am normally NOT a fan of purple.  At all.  But, I think I like it here.  Not that I am going to surround myself in the color by any means...but I think I can take it in smaller doses like this.  Tee hee!  Well, I have some Bible study notes to share with you....so let's get to it!
1 Peter 2: 6-10
"But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's special possession, that you may declare the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His wonderful light."
Now- I am a fiercely independent person.  Probably too much so at times.  But there is something so reassuring when I read this verse.  It makes me feel safe.  Loved.  Known by God.  I am His.  Not in a crazy, dictatorship type of possession....because I still had to choose Him.  But in an "I am yours, you are mine" way.  It's reciprocal.  As much as I want God in my life....He wants me as His even more.
As I read these verses, I also thought about the election on Tuesday night.  My Facebook news feed was flooded with doom & gloom from Christians so distraught over the reelection of our current president.  All I could think was seriously, people.  God is still God, & I put my hope in Him.  Stop worrying - He's got this...

Until later,
~L. 

17 comments

  1. I don't think anyone likes to work with purple in the crafty world. You rarely see this color out there. But it's my favorite color. Just too hard to match, or too hard to work with or something. But I love the regalness of this card obviously with the purple, but that gorgeous flower with the silver center. Beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a truly inspiring card, it's STUNNING!!! So glad you played along with us in this week's CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes and amen to this post! God's still God, and Jesus is still king, and I refuse to be discouraged by this. We are still His people. What a future we have! I enjoyed reading this posting and seeing your beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you should ever RAK this card I'll take it! Its so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful winter card! LOVE your design!
    Have a wonderful week-end, hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just gorgeous.Thanks for sharing with us at Delightful Challenges.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card! I too love purple and LOVE the Firefly collection, but, most of all, I love how you used the colour for the holidays. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunning card, Lea! Each and every detail is gorgeous! It has a regal feeling to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful - largely because the dosage of purple is smaller. I can see this card raking in the prizes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We had the same idea ;-)
    This is a wonderful card, very pretty colours!
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoa, those flowers are DIVINE! Sumptuous, rich color and so full and 'blossomy'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Amazing colors and the flower just blows me away! So happy you shared it with us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card! Love the flowers and the purple bling! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL...I'm with you...I'm not usually a big fan of purple either! But, your card and the deep purple is so very lovely! Those flowers are...WOW! Such a pretty card...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lea, this is just so gorgeous. I love the richness in this shade of purple.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, WOW! Lea this card is beautiful! Thank you for playing along with The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥