I Love U

November 24, 2012

Happy Saturday, everyone!!  Sorry it has been a little while since my last post...it has been a busy week filled with other things than card making!  I hope that all my American readers had an awesome Thanksgiving, and that everyone has had a wonderful start to this holiday season!  We experienced the craziest thing this morning!  We were getting ready to head out, and all of a sudden we heard this loud BOOM! and our house seriously shook.  We just stared at each other for a second, then ran outside....because we were certain someone had to have run into our garage or something.  Well, we ran outside at about the same time everyone else in our neighborhood did....and none of us had any idea what happened.  This is when social media is awesome...because people started posting on Facebook, and the Missoulian posted on their page a bit after it happened that it was a planned detonation at the landfill.  Well- that planned detonation with no time & date release to the media shook the entire city of Missoula.  Might have been nice to know that was happening....

I have a soft & shabby love card to share with you today.  It is full of Prima's "Tea Thyme" collection and other Prima flowers & embellishments.  I just love how romantic and sweet this card is...the resin embellishments kind-of make me sigh a little bit.  Tee hee!  Check it out!
Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from vintage cream cardstock.
2. Cut background paper slightly smaller, sand the edges & adhere.
3. Add a resin photo corner & a bling frame to the front.
4. Back a resin frame with paper, add the sentiment to the middle, and adhere to the top of the bling frame.
5. Tie a bow from seam binding, then layer with flowers & a bottle cap trinket to the corner of the frame.
6. Add two pink flowers to the opposite corner of the frame.
7. Tuck a wooden ticket slightly under the bottom flower cluster, then accent with a gold crown to finish.

Challenges:
-The Play Date Cafe #158 - Color Inspiration
-Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger - Frame By Frame
-Word Art Wednesday #55 - Anything Goes/Bless Him
-Allsorts #182 - Bling
-Sweet Stampin' challenge - Flowers
-Papertake Weekly - Ribbon & Pearls










Isn't that card just plain pretty?!  I love it.  The Tea Thyme collection is my very favorite of all the collections from Summer CHA.  I cannot WAIT to see what Prima has up their sleeve for Winter CHA...so excited!!  I have some Bible study notes to share with you today, so let's get to it!

1 Peter 3:5-7
Alright....the submission thing.  So, I used to wrinkle my nose at that word.  Truthfully....sometimes I still do.  It has such a negative connotation attached to it, and has really been taken out of context by people in the church.  Submitting to my husband doesn't mean that I have no opinion, that I can't speak my mind or make known what I want.
I see it like this- I would never make a big decision without talking to my husband about it, and the same goes for him.  We talk about things, and make decisions together based on what we believe is best for our lives & situations.
Ephesians 5:25 says, "Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ Jesus also loved the church and gave Himself up for her."
A husband's role model should be Christ, and if you've ever read the gospels you know that Jesus talked with and was surrounded by many women.  He never talked down to them...never exercised control over them.  He treated them as He treated everyone else....as a person with thoughts, feelings & emotions.

Until later,
~L.

26 comments

  1. This is just gorgeous, Lea. I love your beautiful card, and love your precious post even more. Thanks so much for sharing this beautiful card in our challenge this week. We praise God for your participation, and give Him all the glory and thanks for every entry. I hope that you are blessed by our fellowship, and that you will join us again soon and often. You have obviously been given a wonderful gift from God, and we are grateful that you've shared it with us at Word Art Wednesday.
    Blessings,
    Karen L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lea, where on this earth did you ever get the inspiration to make this adorable card? It is a beauty. I like everything about it and say to you, well done! Thank you for posting with us at WAW.
    Psalm 103 Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson,
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swoon!! this is just jaw dropping Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is so beautiful! Really romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous card and beautiful bible note:))

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a crazy story! I'm glad no one ran into your garage. LOL about the planned explosion.

    Your card is absolutely stunning! The elements work together so well. Those papers are so pretty and sweet, too. I was going to suggest you enter it into the Play Date Cafe challenge this week, but I see now that you already did...it's a perfect take on the challenge colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one gorgeous card and a beautiful take on the Tuesday Trigger. It also goes seamlessly with the Bible verse you discussed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Love the feel of this! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Lea! First, so glad that the bomb noise was just what it was, and nothing more serious. (whew)

    And about your card - holy moly! Now I love all of your creations, but this one, well, it has to be one of my faves. Pinning now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card! Love all your layout and all the embellishments! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lea, this card is stunning! I agree with you...this is one of my fave all-time Prima paper collections...and you've combined it so well with all the gorgeous embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thankyou for sharing this gorgeous card with the Allsorts Challenge this week Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous project, thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow this is stunning, love the colours and style of your card. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Lea! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on your TT win, Lea, your card is so gorgeous for all of the challenges you entered!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How soft and romantic ... big congrats on your Tues Trigger win!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Perfect take on the Trigger! Congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So much gorgeousness on one card - definitely Moxie Fab. Congrats on your win.

    ReplyDelete
  20. As soon as I saw this card in the links, I knew you would win. It is so gorgeous! Barb

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥