Thankful for You

November 20, 2012

Happy Tuesday evening, everyone!  I hope that you've had a good day so far.  We did a little bit of shopping today...stocking up on hand wash from Bath & Body Works, and getting the last few items needed for Thanksgiving.  Then we went to the discount matinee of Skyfall at the movie theater, and it was really great!  My new boots from Target were waiting on my doorstep when we got home...and they are SO cute!  Last week Target did an online deal of buy one pair, get one 50% off, plus free shipping on an order over $50...so I got a GREAT deal on them.  Love that!!  Plus- they were boots that aren't at my local Target...so even better!

I have a love themed Thanksgiving card to share with you today that is chalk full of Prima goodies!!  I used a number of different collections & flower types to create my card, and no stamping on this one!  The sentiment was created using Prima alphabet stickers & vintage trinkets!  Here is what I created!
Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from brown cardstock.
2. Cut yellow floral paper slightly smaller, and adhere to the front.
3. Cut a piece of floral trim, and adhere to the left side.
4. Layer two fabric flowers, two paper flowers & a domino trinket to the top half of the card.
5. Accent the middle of the felt flower with a jewel.
6. Cut out the journal card, then add the sentiment to it using alphabet stickers & a bulb accent.
7. Add three jewels to the card, then adhere to the bottom of the card using foam adhesive.
8. Cover the left side of the sentiment card with two more flowers to finish.

Challenges:
-Crafty Friends #11 - Photo Inspiration
-Frosted Designs Fabulous Friday - Color Inspiration
-Ribbon Carousel #74 - Fall Spirit
-Our Daily Bread #131 - Winter Holiday
-Delightful Challenge - Thankful
-Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Thanksgiving/Thank You










As you can tell, I love to use lots of different Prima flowers on my cards together.  So, I typically go through all of my flowers and grab the colors that my card is centered around.  Then I just start grabbing flowers, layering and moving them around the front of my card until it looks how I want it to!  It's not a tricky process by any means, and it is SO fun to be surrounded in all that flowery goodness!  Tee hee!

I don't have any Bible study notes prepared for today, but I will hopefully have some for tomorrow (as long as I have a card ready....ha!)  I hope that you have a great rest of your evening!

Until later,
~L.

14 comments

  1. This a truly wonderful card.
    The colours and textures are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Lea I love every element on this beautiful card... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so creative. The way you did your sentiment is just wonderful. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card.
    Hugz,
    Christine Dt At Delightful Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lea, greetings from South Africa. I found your blog via Pinterest and just love your style of cards. I get so tired of colouring in images all the time and your style is something I'd love to try. Thanks for the inspiration. hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! that is some serious layering... just GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GORGEOUS card, Lea! I have GOT to get me some of those light bulb thingies! Love how you used yours here! Fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is beautiful! I love all the flowers and the sentiment is done so well! I love the light bulb to magnify the "you"! Thanks so much for joining us over at Frosted Designs for our color challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lea, you make the most beautiful cards! I LOVE the flowers and how you added the sentiment. Gorgeous card.
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...this is just amazing and all of those flowers, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is stunning! Those flowers are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful collage Lea! [happy for your new boots too...bonus!]

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous rich colours. What a lovely card. Really like your new banner too x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful card!! I just love all the texture and the rich colors!! Thanks for joining the Our Daily Bread Designs Shining the Light challenge this week!
    blessings,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥