Hang a Shining Star...

November 5, 2012

Happy Monday, everyone!!  I hope you have had a good start to your week so far!  Today has been pretty quiet for me.  I did get this card created, and we went to lunch at HuHot Mongolian Grill.  My brother got Josh a gift card from there for Christmas last year...and we finally remembered to use it.  So...thanks, Case!  You're the best!! Tee hee!

I have a lovely little Christmas card full of layers to share with you today!!  I love how well the Glitz Design "Joyeux Noel" collection and the WPlus9 "Iconic Christmas" stamps work together!  They both have that lovely vintage flair to them, with a little bit of trendy thrown in.  Add some Prima flowers...and you've got one of my favorite types of cards created!!  Check it out!
Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from kraft cardstock.
2. Cut floral paper slightly smaller, sand the edges and adhere.
3. Sand the edges of a banner tag, and adhere to the right side.
4. Sand the edges of two journaling stickers, and layer together to the card front using foam adhesive.
5. Diecut the tree & girl from oatmeal cardstock, stamp the corresponding image and adhere them to the front.
6. Diecut a star from patterned paper, and layer to the top of the tree with a twine bow & polka dot rhinestone.
7. Accent the rest of the tree with red rhinestone strips.
8. Cut a banner edge to a kraft cardstock strip and stamp the sentiment to it.
9. Adhere to the front with foam adhesive, then layer two fabric flowers to the left side of it to finish.

Challenges:
-Mojo Monday #266 - Sketch
-Cupcake Craft #217 - Kraft
-Totally PaperCrafts #141 - Christmas Star
-Totally Gorjuss #156 - Button(s)
-Divas by Design #59 - Feeling Festive











I hope you enjoyed my Christmas card full of layers today!!  I have some Bible study notes to share with you today...so let's get right to it!  (This banner totally reminds me that I need to change my blog from Halloween...should be on my to do list this week!!)
1 Peter 1:17-25
Verse 22 is what really stuck out to me in this set.  It says in the NIV, "Now that you have purified yourself by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for each other, love one another deeply, from the heart."  The Message translation says it like this, "Now that you've cleaned up your lives by following the truth, love one another as if your lives depended on it."
How hard is that one?  Especially for Americans...we are SO independent minded, that it is hard to truly depend on others.  But then I look at myself and wonder, do I sincerely love fellow Christians and just others in general?
The word sincere means free of deceit, hypocrisy or falseness; genuine & real; pure.  I'm certain that I love the people who are most important to me in this manner.....but I'm not sure sure about others in general.  I want to genuinely love others....the way that Christ does.  But people don't always make that so easy.  So, that is my prayer...that He would help me to see people in the way that He sees them.  I know....way easier said than done.  But, it is still a goal...something to seek after...because it is important. 

Until later,
~L.

13 comments

  1. That is an updated, modern twist on a rustic, country Christmas card...well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you add layers to your cards. This is simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab work love your use of texture Thanks for playing at Divas by design this wk hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is SO pretty! Love the layers and richness of this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Christmas card. Thank you for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
    Sarah-Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely vintage Christmas card, so pretty.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lea, first, congrats on your Tuesday Trigger random win. Yay for new goodies!

    Second, love how easy you make it look to create a card like this. It's chock full of neat things, but it doesn't look busy. How *do* you do it??

    And last but not least, in your Bible notes, I agree about trying to love others in general. I find myself expressing frustration at strangers who have poor manners (or none at all), whether in a public place or on the road. I try to remind myself that God wants us all to love EVERYone, but it is difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab Krafty card :) Thanks for playing along with us at CCC -Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very pretty Lea. I love those papers.

    We have a HuHot here too. :)

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a lovely card. Very unusual.

    Thanks for joining in at Totally Papercrafts challenge this week.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This. Card. Is. Stunning. My jaw dropped. You are the master layerer. I am not worthy. Just. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty, Lea! Lovin' the layers and textures and your perfect, Lea touches of bling!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card, love it, thank you for sharing with Cupcake Craft Challenges this week...and for your bible notes.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥