2S4U & Friends 'Til The End..

February 9, 2009

Keeping with my clean and graphic kick these past couple days, I have a couple cards to share with you. I did this card based on Laura's sketch 19 at the 2 Sketches 4 U blog this week, and the "Friends 'Til the End" challenge at the Papertrey Ink blog. Have I ever told you about my lifelong friend, Stephanie? I will talk more about our friendship at the end of this post, but I made this for her. We haven't had a chance to hang out together in awhile, and I figured sending her a card, asking for a "date" would be a cute idea. Tee hee! This card features Bazzill (white & blue) and Prism (grey) cardstocks, American Crafts "Moda Bella" papers/rub-ons, American Crafts "Ned" rub-on letters, offray ribbon, Doodlebug Designs (black) and Kandi Corp. (yellow) rhinestones. This is a quick card I got done last night...funny, it is kind-of similar to Laura's sketch for this week too! Hee hee...great minds think alike! This one features Wausau (blue) & Bazzill (white) cardstocks, 7Gypsies rub-ons, Darice rhinestones, and Michael's brand ribbon. Oh yeah- both cards were embossed using my Cuttlebug and the "Swiss Dots" folder. I think I'll do another card for Laura's sketch this week with more product on it....I love her sketch this week! (Not like I don't love their sketches every week! lol) So, this is my lifelong friend, Stephanie. (Bare with me on the photos...they were from a LONG time ago, when digital cameras weren't quite the norm yet. I think this one was a 1MP Sony...we have come a long way, haven't we?) I met Stephanie my freshman year of high school when we both tried out and made the freshman cheer squad. Who knew when I met her, I would find someone that I would go through life's ups and downs with. I love this photo of the two of us...even though I look like a goober in it. This wasn't a posed hug...this was an "I'm so happy you are here and part of this with me, I don't know how I would get through it without you" hug...after taking some posed photos. I love it...We have gone through so many of life's things together. Getting driver's licenses, cheerleading, serious boyfriends, first jobs, heartbreak, college, more jobs, more boyfriends, turning 16, turning 18, turning 21, family issues, getting married, careers, having babies (on her part...hee hee), losing jobs, deaths, moving....the list could go on. We don't see each other every day, nor do we talk to each other every day. We both lead busy lives and spend a lot of time with our families. But that just doesn't matter with the two of us. Because when we do finally talk or see each other, it's like nothing has changed. That is a true friendship, in my eyes.

I made her that card because it has been awhile since we have seen each other. It would be fun to have a "date" with my best friend. Tee hee!

Speaking of friends, I have made a lot of wonderful friends through this wonderful crafting hobby of mine. Many I have met, and others I have yet to meet. One of my friends that I have yet to meet, is following through on a dream of hers, and I am so excited for her! Her name is Christine, and she is an amazing paper and digital crafter. She has started a scrapbooking retreat called "Scrap Retreat House at French Valley". I urge you to follow the link, and check it out. It really is a gorgeous getaway, where you can spend your weekend scrapping away. I can't wait until I get a chance to attend this magnificent place! She is also doing a RAK on THIS POST at her blog. All you have to do is visit the retreat site and then go to her blog and let her know what you think in the comments of that post I have linked for you.

Have a great night,
~Lea

24 comments

  1. Your photos are great! I was expecting something completely different and think the cards look great! Alos, you are glowing and not a "goober". I think the pictures capture how truly happy you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these cards are beautiful Lea! I just any style you go with:)
    Thanks for playing!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards Lea! And you've reminded me how important dear friends are. My BFF had a beautiful little boy in November after trying for years and I'm so happy for her and her hubby. And don't you love looking at "old timey" pictures BEFORE digital! LOVE THEM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those cards! The chandelier is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such a talent Lea! I love your cards with all the product but I am totally loving these simple ones too!

    It is so wonderful to have a friend like that!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  6. magnificent cards...I absolutely love the chandelier one!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are GORGEOUS!!! I absolutley love your bows and the colored rhinestones just make me smile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. L♥ve how u used the chandelier stamp! It's a gorgeous card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards Lea...
    A `true` friend indeed your photo`s are fab..TFS:)~X~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both cards are great! Love the cheerful colors on the fist one and all that bling on the second. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet post!! I just love those cards!! I so want to get a cuttlebug!! Those swiss dots are calling my name!! I haven't gotten my CPS challenge done this week, but I am determined!! HOpe you have a great day my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards! We all need a friend like that in our lives...so glad you have each other!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your cards Lea.....I really like your "simple graphic" look. The pictures are very sweet & I hope you 2 get together soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What awesome pics of you two and I love love love the two cards. I have no fave, hard to pick, LOVE both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great cards !! I love the sentiment on the first one ! The second one is so elegant !

    ReplyDelete
  16. looooooove both of the cards and i so love the story and the pics of havin' a very bestest friend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful cards! What a perfect card for a friend. It's so great to have a timeless friendship like that where you can not see each other for a while and when you do you just pick up where you left off. Those are truly the friendships to cherish and they last forever :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lea, your cards are 'simply' gorgeous, love them! And beautiful photo's too. It's a wonderful gift to have such a beautiful friendship. I think I might have to borrow your idea of a 'date' card, it's so cute! My closest friends are actually quite a distance from me so I don't get to see them anywhere near as frequently as I would like, so a card like this would be so sweet to send. TFS!
    Hugs Mrs Jx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous cards and what an amazing frienship you have!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this post about your friend :)

    Gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such cute cards and the photo's of you and your friend is so sweet... Pretty dresses! Cherish your friendship!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your cards are beautiful. Loved reading about you and your BFF. Aren't true friendships just wonderful? I cherish mine as well!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What an endearing story of best friends you have shared with us. Without friends we will never make it on this planet. The hang-out card is just perfect to get you two face to face again. Have a great Valentines tomorrow. Hugs from Desire

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sounds like you have a great friendship there :)

    Love your cards!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥