Cuttlebug Be Inspired #20- Valarie Salmon Sketch

February 25, 2009

You are in for a fun treat at the Cuttlebug Challenge blog this week!! Valerie Salmon, owner of "Got Sketch" and "Got Crafts", has provided us with a sketch to base our projects on this week. This is the sketch for your "Be Inspired #20" challenge.
And here is my card based on it! I dry embossed the bottom and right side edges of the kraft cardbase with my Cuttlebug and the dotted "Just My Type" embossing border. After that I dry embossed a 1/2 inch strip of kraft cardstock using my Cuttlebug and the dotted "With Love" embossing border. Once the dry embossing was done, I layered some patterned paper and the embossed strip to the front, and accented with a felt flower and jewel flourishes. I then added the sentiment rub-ons directly below the embossing to give it a simple feel, but still make it stand out.
"Thank You" Card
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: Hambly Screen Prints
Felt Flower: Provo Craft
Jewels: Prima
Pearl Center: Glitz Designs
Rub-ons: 7Gypsies
Corner Rounder: EK Success

If you are ever looking for a store that has a good stock of embossing folders (or Cuttlebug product in general), I recommend CreativeXpress. They almost always have the items you want in stock, and are always putting items on sale. This is where I get all my Cuttlebug product from, and they ship really fast too!

I hope you have an inspired Wednesday,
~Lea

28 comments

  1. super fabulous...love the hambly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the colours and all that bling Lea
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lea, what a cute card, and I just love yellow and turquoise together. Another fave, is the message along the ribbon trim...
    Did you print it yourself? Great take on Valerie's sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the bright colors! Just a lovely card :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love your colour combo Lea, it's just gorgeous! Great card with of course, such gorgeous details! Beautiful flower, beautiful bling, beautiful embossing, the list just goes on! Great take on the sketch too.
    Hugs Mrs Jx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic colors, and I love where you chose to Cuttlebug! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH what a pretty sketch, (I haven't gotten to that blog YET) and your card is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! I really love all the bling! Great job!
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG!!!!!! I so love the clean look, the colors, the papes, the way you used your cuttlebug, the bling, WOW, WOW....such a gorgeous take on the sketch!!! Love it, big time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Lea! This is super fabulous! Those colors and the flower and the bling...wowzer!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is simply beautiful, Lea! You know how much I love the swirls, and you've combined them so well with all of the different elements in this project to create a fabulous card! I love the papers you used and the colors simply pop! The rub-on sentiment looks fabulous along the row of embossed dots! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lea I just love this!! Awesome job girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You know what's funny? Yesterday evening I was talking to my other half who said he loves the combination of yellow and blue and I said, that I am not a fan of those colours together.

    Well Lea - you have just changed my mind because this card ROCKS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. very very very beatifull

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a gorgeous card Lea! Love the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lea I LOVE your card this week, you always use such cheerful colors! I love the rub-ons below the embossing, definitely makes it stand out! And I did use the new Sassafras paper on my card this week, just love it! I bought mine at Emma's Paperie - free kit if you spend over $50, free shipping over $100, and a 10% off code for your next purchase - can't beat that!
    Hugs
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, this is beautiful, Lea. I especially love the diamante swirls x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love what you did with the CPS and Valerie Salmon sketches!!! I sat down last night to do my CPS sketch and had scrapper's block. Didn't come up with a thing. I am going to think on it today!! Thanks as always for the inspiration!! You rock girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. THat is one beautiful card! Just jumped over from VP to say hello.
    Hope you are having a great day! ;P
    B

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your card for this week is fabulous!
    Meda

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous as always & your PTI cards rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. the colors are fabulous on this!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is just stunningly beautiful Lea and such a great interpretation of the sketch. Love the colours you've used and that flower arrangement is just making me drool. Hugs from Desire

    ReplyDelete
  24. you.are.amazing.wow!!!!

    could NOT love this more, you owned it!

    hugs & so much love!
    danni

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous, eye catching card!! Fabulous color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the floral centerpiece, color scheme...well...love the whole card!

    Love the sketch, I think I will use it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥