Lazy saturday....

February 28, 2009

...and loving it! We woke up this morning, and waited to hear from my parents if we would be getting on the road to watch Casey's basketball team play in the consolation game at the divisional tournament. Unfortunately, they lost their game this morning....so that wasn't the case. We would have loved to be on the road instead today if that meant Casey got to play one more game...but it just didn't happen that way. So, the season is over- and it is time to move on to track! And Casey is going to ROCK at track this year. No surgery impeding him, velocity training, lots of working out....we are SO excited for his track season!

Anyways, not having to travel to Butte means we have gotten to be lazy all day! I have made some cards, we watched a movie called "City of Ember". Quite an interesting movie...we enjoyed it. Once I post this...we are going to get ready and go run some errands that are needed. And then to church tonight. So- at least it won't be a completely lazy day. Hee hee!

So, do you want to see some cards? First up is my card for Laura's sketch #20 at the 2 Sketches 4 U blog. Such a fun sketch this week! Loved it! "Cherished" Card supply list:
Paper: Basic Grey, Hambly, & My Mind's Eye
Rub-on: Crate Paper
Charms: Maya Road
Ribbon: Offray
Jewels: Michael's brand
Ink: Clearsnap
Pins: craft supply
Diecuts: Cricut Expression by Provo Craft (Accent Essentials cartridge)
Border Punch: Martha Stewart Crafts
Corner Rounder: EK Success

Up next is my card for this week's bonus sketch by Laura at 2 Sketches 4 U. She came up with a cute sketch this week, and I am loving the peek-a-boo window! This card is also based on the Moxie Fab Challenge to use "Birds in their Space".
"Hang In There" Card supply list:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: Basic Grey & My Mind's Eye
Rub-ons: American Crafts & Hambly Screen Prints
Jewels: Glitz Designs
Ink: Clearsnap
Border Punch: Fiskars
Diecut/Embossing machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft (w/ "With Love" embossing border)
Oval Template: Coluzzle by Provo Craft

This card is based on Sketch This 79. Such a great sketch this week....I really want to get a layout done with it too! I will have to see if I get some time to!
"With Love" Card supply list:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper/Stickers/Rub-on: Basic Grey
Paper Frill: Doodlebug Designs
Flowers: Prima & Provo Craft
Jewels: Glitz Designs & Prima
Ink: Clearsnap
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Diecut/Embossing machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft (w/ Swiss Dots embossing folder)

And last but not least is just a really quick card I did before we started the movie. Just using up some scraps. And actually...every single card I posted today used up some paper scraps. Gotta love making more space in the scrap basket!
"Family Matters" Card supply list:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: October Afternoon
Rub-ons: 7Gypsies & Basic Grey
Jewels: Darice & Michael's brand
Ink: Clearsnap
Pen: Zig Millenium

I hope that you are having an awesome Saturday! Time for me to go get some not so fun, but needed stuff done. I think we should treat ourselves to lattes since we are going shopping on a crazy weekend day. Just might do that!

Until later,
~Lea

ETA- I just had to add this because I just took it. I knew this was one of my favorite colors for a reason! :) Let me know what color it says you are if you take the quiz!


you are aquamarine
#7FFFD4

Your dominant hues are cyan and green. Although you definately strive to be logical you care about people and know there's a time and place for thinking emotionally. Your head rules most things but your heart rules others, and getting them to meet in the middle takes a lot of your energy some days.

Your saturation level is medium - You're not the most decisive go-getter, but you can get a job done when it's required of you. You probably don't think the world can change for you and don't want to spend too much effort trying to force it.

Your outlook on life is very bright. You are sunny and optimistic about life and others find it very encouraging, but remember to tone it down if you sense irritation.
the spacefem.com html color quiz

34 comments

  1. Oh My Lea...I love all your cards equally...
    I love all the details...the rub ons ....
    and finishing touches you add!!!
    I *love* the Last card and those bird cages too...well I just love everything you do!!!TFI...
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend;)~X~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't pick a fav...I wish I could scrap as fast as you though. Love all your cards, but here's what caught my eye: placement of stick pins on the 1st one; your 2nd is just awesome..love the hanging bird cage idea; 3rd is simply elegant; & love the "floating" feel of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wow, wow... your work always brings a smile to my face! Just brilliant:)
    Thanks for playing!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Before I read your description ... I knew that was a Moxie Fab card ... fabulous designs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those all look great!!! wish I had had more time to join today, had to help someone move. glad you mentioned a "scrap basket" I have a cute box I didn't know what to do with and now i do, so thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are absolutely jaw droppingly FaBUloUS! I love them all Lea! Yummy! Sheesh, to have your eye for detail...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those top 2 cards, the colors are fab! great job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so love your take on this week's 2s4y sketch. I have these papers, and am now newly inspired to do something with them. Your card is just gorgeous...they all are. The third one, I have to say is my fav...its just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards - all of them! That first one though is just drop dead gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Lea, Love your cards. I have yet to develop the art of the card, but I guess I should give it a try one day. Use up some of my scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  11. all your cards are just amazing! you rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow wow wow!!! I just love all of these Lea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow Lea, all your cards are just amazing. Love them all, you are so talented!
    Thanks for leaving your comment on my card :)
    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lea, I love all your cards, you are so inspireing.

    I have added you to my favourites.

    Thank you for the sweet comment on my card,

    Hugs Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my they are all beautiful! I will say that the Cuttlebug #20 is my favorite. Simply love it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. All wonderful cards, but the top one is OVER THE TOP!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These cards are adorable, especially the one with the bird cage! Too cute!

    (Mandi_04)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wowsers, these are all amazing. You so rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm always amazed with how quickly you make such beautiful cards!! I love what you did with my bonus sketch, it's totally cute!! And you are inspiring me to pull out my scraps too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooh, wow! More gorgeous Lea cards! I think I need to mention how much I love visiting your blog!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  21. You make the most amazing cards!! I just can't get over it! I am so inspired by you!! I hope I can just ben 1/10th of the cardmaker that you are!!
    The 'hang in there' card is soo freaking awesome and cool and gorgeous!
    Hope you are having a great weekend, girl! ;P
    B

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Lea,

    I found your link on Moxie's site and came over for a visit. LOVE, love, love your cards and your take on the "Bird" challenge is awesome.
    Cheers, Irene :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh wow, just GORGEOUS!!!! I LOVE all your work. You are one creative woman!!!! WOWSER!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Lea -
    I always visit your blog but I don't know if I've ever left you a comment! I love your work and thanks for your sweet comment on my Cuttlebug card!
    I got my color..I'm hot pink!

    Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for popping by my blog and leaving me a message. Your cards are gorgeous! I love the colours you have used in your latest ones. I am going to pop over and add myself as a follower x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi again! I can't see where to subscribe or follow your blog. Is it just me???

    ReplyDelete
  27. Boy oh boy.. where do I start? Everything you create is always sooo gorgeous and creative!! Love it all Lea!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. wowzers! those are some A-mazing cards!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gosh Mrs you sure have been a busy little bee & what stunning creations you've come up with..

    Love 'em all.....

    Glad you had a lazy day as I think you more than earned it...

    Big hugs
    Lorraine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! SO inspiring! Thank you!

    Devon

    ReplyDelete
  31. I just love all the cards in this post. They are all so bright and beautiful! Nice work! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥