Cuttlebug Be Inspired #18- Shaped Card

February 11, 2009

I'm not really big on announcements, but last week I was asked to be part of the Senior Design Team at the Cuttlebug Challenge Blog. Because I love my Cuttlebug and I really want to use it more, I jumped at the chance to say yes. This is my first time being part of the Wednesday Inspiration challenge!!

My first challenge, which is Be Inspired #18, was to make a shaped card. My mind went immediately to my "Hello Kitty Greetings" cartridge, because it has TONS of cute shapes, and actually has a card function on it. So, my first step was to cut the card shape out from black cardstock, and then to cut its layers from the two patterned papers. I chose a strawberry shaped card for my project, so after cutting the layers...I ran the green strawberry top through my Cuttlebug using the "Swiss Dots" embossing folder. I then sanded to top lightly to bring the dots out a little bit.
Once I was done with that, I layered the card together, and added some embellishments and the sentiment. And voila...here is the finished product!
I think it is pretty sweet!"You Are Berry Loved" Card
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Patterned Paper: American Crafts & Doodlebug Designs
Letter Stickers: American Crafts & Making Memories
Jewels: Prima
Twine: Darice
Craft Supply: button, ribbon, sandpaper

I hope you all enjoyed my first "Cuttlebug Be Inspired" challenge as a design team member! I can't wait to see what you do with the challenge!

Have a wonderful Wednesday,
~Lea

40 comments

  1. Oh Lea This is `berry` gorgeous...mmm`sweet`...
    have a lovely Day:)~x~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Lea, this is fabulous!!!!
    Love all the elements to this!
    Congrats on being on the SDT!
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes i agree it is pretty sweet, love the bow
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...I'm speechless...This card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card! And the extra little added bling really just makes it all pop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mouth's watering now! This is so gorgeous Lea! I love all the detail you'e added to it, especially the bow and the bling. So happy that you are part of the DT!
    Hugs Mrs Jx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, WOW, WOW!!!! I am speechless. This is so beautifully crafted!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lookin' berry delicious I must say Lea! This is an adorable shape and sweet, sweet card! Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG....what a cute card, Lea!! You make me want to have a Cricut too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lea, this is gorgeous! I want that cartridge! It's been on my list of wants but after seeing your card it has definitely moved onto my list of needs!

    Big congrats on your new position on the team.

    Hugs~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so SWEET nad summery!! Makes me want to eat a strawberry...YUM!! Love the bling on it too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is totally cute & adorable. I LOVE it & now I think I need this cartridge:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so, so adorable! I'm loving the bows and bling!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lea I do love my Hello Kitty cartridge! And this is so funny, I had made a strawberry with mine weeks ago to use for this challenge and changed my mind because I did a strawberry card a few weeks ago and wanted to do something different! Your card is fabulous! I love it.
    Hugs
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sweet and beautiful. A nice touch with the bling.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This really is a delicious card...love those swiss dots!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this! It is 'berry' sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats Lea!!!!!!
    How BERRY awesome!
    hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adorable card Lea! Congrats on your new design gig :)

    Hugs!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just FABALICIOUS!!! So sweet looking and I like the embellies and DP... You style of cards is very fun and fresh! Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog... I'll be visiting again soon!

    Con'grats on your new adventure!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such an amazing card Lea! Love love love how you've created the shaped card... XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  22. Soooo cute!! I am going to have to check out that cart!! Have I told you lately how much you inspire me!! I need to get some more cards done!! Hopefully tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. ABSOLUTELY amazing Lea, could NOT love it more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is very cute :) I love the addition of the bling, the ribbon, button....just perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your strawberry is just wonderful! Love the bling and all of your details.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Jealous of your Cuttlebug opportunity. LOVE that stuff soooo much! I guess I need to check them out - Your card is amazing! Totally want to take a bite.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lea, it's perfect! Talk about a sweet card! Welcome to the team! So glad to have you!!

    Hugs

    ~Spike

    ReplyDelete
  28. I agree...that card IS sweet! I just love how it turned out (my favorite part is the crystal swirls...but you probably knew I'd say that, right? ;-D). Like all your projects, it's beautiful! Anyone would be blessed to receive it.

    Thanks so much for the detailed instructions on creating it, Lea! I really do need to break out my Cricut more often an use it the way you do! LOL!

    Have a great Valentine's Day and a wonderful weekend, Lea! :)

    Blessings,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow this soooo sweet ! Well done on being a senior DT member, They made a great choice, Sarah-Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. How cute! I love your word play.
    http://leascupcakesandsunshine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lea your card is gorgeous, love all the details, scrummy!!! So cute & clever, HuGs Kim :D

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congrat's Lea!! You rock!! I have this Hello Kitty cartridge and haven't used it yet.. your strawberry is sooo sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥