2S4U, Mojo Monday, & a Cuttlebug Challenge

February 3, 2009

Happy Tuesday everyone!! I have a few cards to share with you today. First up is my card for Kazan's sketch 19 at 2 Sketches 4 U. It also uses some product that came in a surprise birthday package from my lovely friend, Christine. I wasn't expecting that package when I opened up the mailbox yesterday, and it definitely made me smile. Thanks so much Christine- you are just too sweet! Here I used some of the Colorbok "Friendly Forest" items she sent me, along with the Pink Paislee letter stickers. So cute... I added in the other Making Memories letter stickers, some Michael's brand ribbon, the Doodlebug rhinestones, and that cute Sass chipboard mushroom. Up next is a card I did based on sketch #72 at the "Mojo Monday" blog. Super cute sketch...be sure to check it out! I used lots of Basic Grey "Sultry" products on this one, along with some metallic Prism cardstock, Prima and Doodlebug rhinestones, and Making Memories trim. That pretty floral frame was cut using my Cricut Expression and the "Storybook" cartridge. It is the accent frame function for the letter "s", in case you want to try it out. :)
And last is my card for Cuttlebug Be Inspired #16. The challenge was to use distressing as part of your texture on the card. I embossed the background patterened paper with the "Swiss Dots" embossing folder, and then sanded over the top of it to really bring those dots out. After layering the rest of the paper on the card, I used the "I Love You" embossing folder and embossed the sentiment on to a block of heart patterned paper. This one took a little more precision sanding in order to make that sentiment really stand out. I then cut the sentiment out using the square die from the "Stamps" set, and added some finishing touches! This card uses Basic Grey "Two Scoops" and Sassafras "Hog Heaven" papers, and LOTS of rhinestones. Love it!
So, last night I looked at my driver's license for some reason and about had a heart attack. My license expired on my birthday!! Totally wasn't aware of that fact! Thankfully, Montana has a 90 grace period when it comes to retesting...but I would have gotten a pretty hefty ticket had I been pulled over with an expired license. (Thankfully I am a law abiding citizen...hee hee!) Montana has now taken to the ultra close-up, didn't even get all my hair in the shot, type of driver's license photos. Honestly...if I had looked up in the tiniest bit, you would have been able to see right up my nose. And I have to keep this license until the year 2017. Here is hoping I don't change much in the next 8 years...tee hee! And in case you wanted to know....I am 61 inches tall without shoes on.

Oh, and a little reminder. You still have a chance to get a card published in the September issue of CardMaker Magazine! Do a card based on sketch 100 at the CPS blog, and load it up into the contest's flikr gallery. The deadline is the end of this week sometime...check the blog to get the details you need!

Have a great rest of your Tuesday!
~Lea

47 comments

  1. Wow Lea Fabulous cards as always and luv the vibrant colours :)
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Love the colors and the ribbon - oh yes and the sentiment will always be one of my favs! Thanks for playing
    Hugs
    Kazan

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always makes the cutest card! Pure eye candy each and every time ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing Lea! The colors are simply fabulous. So many colors, they all fit well!
    Great job!
    I like your banner, so cute! That cupcake looks yummy! Sounds good right now with a cup of cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How far can look up someone's nose that is only 5-foot 1-inch tall? I thought we made you bigger than that...haha. You crack me up!
    Love Ya,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh My Lea I just love all your creations...but that Bunny card...is somebuddy else!!!!I *love it*...
    Have a lovely Wednesday:)~X~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, YAY!!! I'm so happy that you've created a card with the things I sent to you, Lea! I just KNEW that it would be a fabulous creation as always! ;-D

    Your dad's comment made me laugh...he's too funny! BTW, I'm almost as tall as you (I think I'm a half inch shorter! LOL!), and I have to renew my license in March, too! Thanks for the reminder...I need to make an appointment with the DMV! :)

    Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful work with us today! I really needed the inspiration, and you never fail to provide it for me! :-D

    Blessings,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You've just been busy busy busy!!! Love them all. The colors are just too fun! Ok, now I have to do a Mojo Monday. I am subscribed to them but never did one. Or, maybe one, who knows :) The CB challenge seems fun too. I have a few blog buddies who does it on a regular basis. I should participate. It'll make me sure my CB more. LOVELY stuff, gal!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK. You just totally ROCKED these sketches! What an awesome sense of style you have! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cards!!!! I especially love that first one!!! The colors are so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love them all ... especially the first one ... rockin' creations.

    ReplyDelete
  12. spectacular cards...great choices of dp's and embellies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I love these Lea! That first one knocks my socks off with it's bold colors and cute little mushroom!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lea, thank you so much for the lovely comment in my card.

    Your cards are gorgeous! I love them all. You did a fabulous job! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lea, these are absolutely stunning, each and every one of them! Especially love your distressed card for Cuttlebug Challenges, truly beautiful! So much detail and sanded to perfection!
    Your dad's comment made me chuckle! He sounds a sweetheart!
    Hugs Mrs Jx

    ReplyDelete
  16. The cards you made are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your cards are fabulous! As always!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. wonderful cards , lovely colours
    AllisoNX

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for playing with us at Cuttlebug Challenge Blog
    Your card is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  20. All our your cards are awesome! Super creative designs.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! you have some fabulous cards on your blog, Thank-you for taking the time to visit and leave a comment on mine, I will be back for a longer look round when there is some more time.
    Hugs, Sarah-Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. All cards are beautiful!
    Greetings,
    Amarins

    ReplyDelete
  23. lots of beautiful cards Lea..but I love your bunny one for Kazan's sketch....so cute...Hugs Kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW, Lea, these are all so gorgeous!!! Absolutely amazing cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am totally loving all the color in your cards today!!! Absolutely gorgeous!!! Love what you did with the cuttlebug!! I am going to have to get myself one of those one day!!! Hope your day has been awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. thats a whole lotta gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. These are all gorgeous Lea!! Glad you looked at your license. We're the same number of inches 61".. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous cards! I love the new Colorbok friendly forest line.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love these cards! But I especially love the colours in the first one - incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  30. oh wow, wow Lea! these are amazing creations. the new Colorbok line screams "lea, work with me" you are so incredible!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love your cards!!! I passed by the forest line so many times at Michaels I will need to get it next time.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wowee! Your cards are amazing! Love em all!

    Hugs,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  33. OMGosh Lea, I'm so glad I followed a trail and stopped here! Your cards are absolutely beautiful!!! Like~all of them! Wow
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  34. wow! you pack so much detail into one card! amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the bunny and the spotty ribbon is divine

    ReplyDelete
  36. Lea your cards are BEAUTIFUL! Jusdt wanted to tell you I'm 60 inches, VERY short! I asked hubby how tall I was and he claims 59in, but I refuse to be that short so I'm saying 60:)
    Hugs
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  37. such amazing cards, i love the ribbon you have used on the first card, very fun and the mushroom image.

    the 2nd using the basic gray papers is just so full of energy

    and the last card is very pretty, i like the way you have done the wording

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow Lea, these are just downright stunning. Just love your style. Fortunately you could renew your license before getting a penalty .. glad for you. Hugs from Desire

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥