Channeling my inner "Simple Gal"...

February 7, 2009

So, today I found my inner simple and graphic girl when it came to the cards that I made. This tends to be my style when I do layouts in order to focus on the photos and journaling. But with cards...you just never know what I might throw on one!

First up was the "Connect The Dot" challenge going on at the Papertrey Ink blog. After connecting the dots on a sheet that was provided, a sketch was revealed. This is my card based on that sketch. The white cardstock was dry embossed using my Cuttlebug and the "Houndstooth" embossing folder. Supplies used here are Bazzill cardstocks, Doodlebug paper frill, Glitz Designs & Westrim Crafts rhinestones, Autumn leaves sentiment rub-on, Michael's brand ribbon, and pins (Maya Road- clear, craft supply-red). That same blog had a challenge called "Over The Rainbow" yesterday, and even though I am late on posting for the giveaway...I still had to do the challenge. I really enjoyed the color combo that she chose, so be sure to check out that post. The card front was dry embossed using my Cuttlebug and the "Swiss Dots" embossing folder. Supplies used here are Bazzill cardstock, Urban Lily rub-ons, Doodlebug Designs rhinestones, and a Martha Stewart black pen. Lots of cardstock scraps used up on these two cards...gotta love that!My last thing to share today is the card I got done for "Saturday Sketch Hour" at the Cuttlebug Challenges blog. Aymee Gandy put together a fabulous sketch that I wanted to use as inspiration today! The top and the bottom of the card were dry embossed using my Cuttlebug and the dotted border from the "Just My Type" embossing set. The best part about this card? I used some major stash on this one... this company no longer even makes scrapbooking product anymore. It is the "Yesterdays" collection by Imagination Project...and I couldn't ever bare to get rid of it. I actually really love this paper...I see myself using it again in the near future! Other supplies include a 7Gypsies rub-on, adhesive pearls by Glitz Designs & Michael's, Offray ribbon, Provo Craft scallop scissors, and Bazzill kraft cardstock. I have to talk about a great comment I got on my last post from a stamper named Carla. She noted there seem to be "scrappy" cardmakers or "stampy" cardmakers...and I couldn't agree with her more!! I thought it was the greatest analogy for the two different kinds of cardmakers...and I had to share it! So from one "scrappy" cardmaker...to whatever kind you are- CHEERS! I love to look at them all! Thanks for the awesome comment Carla...it gave me a chuckle and put a smile on my face! Loved it!

Josh is cooking us up some buffalo wings for us to snack on before we head to church at 6pm. I need to go get changed and get some makeup on...so I am going to run for now! Hope you enjoyed me cards today! Have a wonderful rest of your Saturday!

Until later,
~Lea

28 comments

  1. You've been delightfully busy today! I love your cards every single time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great "simple" cards!

    From a Simple Scrappy Cardmaker who loves her bling too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! And I love your blog too - bookmarked! Great card photography :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards...as always...I agree with Carla...I'm definitely a stampy cardmaker that is trying to unleash my scrappy cardmaker..lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous cards Lea, from yet another simple scrappy cardmaker ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards, Lea! from another "scrappy" cardmaker. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you have been busy. Love that big bow with little pins. I just love your cards and the paper combinations you use.
    I am still digging in the stash box/es...Do you have all your pp organized?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, It seems I love your "simple" cards too! These are all just fabulous Leah!

    From one "scrappy" cardmaker to another!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lea,

    I am just going through some of the cards from yesterday's challenge and yours are ones that really stood out to me. They are great! You have been busy with cards the past few days.
    Thanks for sharing and thank you for your kind words on my blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so pretty...I love each one. I love using my embossing templates too. Funny you should mention the 2 types of cardmakers. I've been thinking about this too, but glad I finally have a name (scrappy cardmaker).

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous blog, lea. everything is so vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, I'm famous now! My friend, Amy, sent me a link to this post! I'm glad my comment made you smile! These cards are great, BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that scrappy/stampy cardmaker description! It's perfect.

    Gorgeous cards Lea! Looks like you are enjoying your cuttlebug :)

    Hugs!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your cards! I enjoyed your blog and have added it to my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lea, I love the Home Sweet Home card. You are right, that paper is just gorgeous. Thanks for the inspiration.

    Bye,
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are GREAT! That fabulous ribbon on the PTI sketch - the color challenge card too - don't you just LOVE the Doodlebug jewels?? They're my favorite I think. Thanks for sharing your creativity!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE your scrappy card-making style...and you rocked the simple style as much as the more elaborate variety! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. you make it ALL look too easy my friend, these are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I absolutely love your style...and this fresh graphic style is one I hope to get better at this year! So thanks for the fab ideas.....you go "it" girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am loving all these bling cards! Gorgeous! :oD

    ReplyDelete
  21. *sigh* your cards are just so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just love your cards... what do you do with all of them? Do your lucky friends and family members receive them on special occasions! you're such a prolific card maker!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. ooooh love alllllllll of them! They are so gorgeous!
    Hugs from Pakistan!
    VIBGYOR Krafts

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just found your blog today on the CPS blog hop. So I was scrolling down through the projects, really enjoying your work and then I come upon Orlando Bloom. I've seen lots of 'out for publication' notices, but this one is definitely the best of all of them. Thanks for giving me a good laugh...and some wonderful eye candy as well. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  25. I just had to pop in and say that I love your Orlando Bloom out for publication picture. It made me laugh and I love Orlando Bloom!
    Your projects are fantastic, by the way! I just discovered your blog today.

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥