"Cruising Through Life" Lawn Fawn Sneak Peek!

May 17, 2011

Hey there, everyone!!  Tonight we are sharing with you the set that is my very favorite from this inspiration week, "Cruising Through Life".  You are going to just love the fun and whimsical images & sentiments in this set!!  It is fabulous!

I used CardPatterns Sketch #115 to help out with the design of my card, and I just flipped the banner to the other side to make it work for me!  I also created this for this week's Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger: Some Royal Fun, where I was inspired by the fun banner flags & the pink/blue color combo...I just happened to add in a bit of yellow to mine. I also created this for Lawnscaping Challenge #10, to use polka dots.  Here is my card!
  "I Love Cruising Through Life with You" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics (textured cream) & Papertrey Ink (vintage cream) 
Papers: My Mind's Eye (Lush: Pink Floral & Blue Damask), Glitz Design (Hoopla: Polka), & Webster's Pages (small pink dot)
Stamps: Lawn Fawn (Cruising Through Life set) 
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: dune, old rose) 
Lace: craft supply
Twine: May Arts
Flowers: Recollections
Pearls: Kaiser Craft
Diecut Machine: Cricut Expression by Provo Craft 
Diecut Cartridges: Wild Cards & Plantin Schoolbook by Provo Craft

Instructions:  Load a 12x12 cream cardstock sheet into a Cricut Expression, press the "Fit to Page" option and cut the scalloped shaped card (5 3/4") using the Wild Cards cartridge.  Load a block of smooth vintage cream cardstock, and cut a circle at 5 1/4" using the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge.  Cover a portion of the bottom of the circle with pink dotted paper and adhere to the middle of the scalloped card.  Stamp the sentiment, bike and pinwheel stick to the top half of the card.  Add a strip of lace trim to the bottom, and accent with a pink pearl strip and yellow paper flower.  Stamp the pinwheel to small pink dotted paper, cut out, and adhere to the top of the stamped stick.  Add two paper flowers to the bike's basket, and accent the middle of the pinwheel with a pearl.  Stamp the banners to patterned paper, cut out and thread onto natural twine.  Adhere to the left side of the card, add two twine bows to each end, and accent with pearls.  Accent the bike's wheel middles with pearls to finish.

I am super excited to see what all the other Lawn Fawn designer's have created with this set, so be sure and check them out as well!! 

And don't forget that the Lawn Fawn blog always has some amazing giveaways during release week!!  Here is where you can win so far...be sure to follow the commenting instructions!!  ♥♥♥

Until later,
~Lea L.

P.S.  Here are the challenge inspiration photos!


21 comments

  1. This is such a pretty card, I particularly love that dainty lace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another gorgeous card! I love the flowers in the basket, the bunting and the pinwheel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card! It is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so romantic and pretty. Love the soft bike image highlighted by all the great textured elements!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card! Love the colors and the roses in the basket on the bike =) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lea, this card is just too cute! I normally don't see trigger cards before I do mine. But, I visit you weekly and I just thought I needed some of your sunshine today and here I am. Love your interpretation of this trigger! Everything you did is just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The banner is too cute! And I love the sentiment of it...goes so well with the royal wedding theme. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so cute...love all of the elements!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job, love your card.. :) TFS

    mary ann

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is perfect in every way! The shape is cool; the banner is adorable; the colors are subtle but effective. Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooooohhhhh, aaaaaahhhhhhhh.... Love this. Love your shaped textured card, your bling, your embellishments, the soft colors. This is just FABULOUS!!!! Thank you so much for joining us at Lawnscaping this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. sweet!!!! love all the colors and stamping! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous, love that you added flowers to the basket and the wheels with pink pearls, grin...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just found your blog via Moxie Fab's Tuesday Trigger and LOVE your work! Such a fabulous card and I love the flowers in the bike basket! Thanks for the inspiration and the stamp shopping enabling!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a sweet card! Love the scalloped shape and the pennant!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sweet card. the colors are so soft and i love the embellishments~

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Lea! What a sweet approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. i love your card; it is so original...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lea, I've just this beautiful card featured over at Card Patterns, congrats. It's gorgeous! I just made one up in bright colours, so it was lovely to see how beautiful it can look in pastels too!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥