WPlus9 June 2011 Release Day 1: Pile It On

May 27, 2011

Hi there everyone!  After taking a month off from new releases, I am so happy to be back with a new WPlus9 stamp set for June!!  The stamp set is called "Pile It On", and here is a little bit of information about it....

Pile It On
  • is a 6x8 clear photopolymer stamp set
  • contains 25 stamps; 14 images and 11 sentiment and 1 journaling line
  • will be available for purchase June 1st for just $19
I went all clean & simple on my card today, and I am loving it!!  My favorite part about these super cute ice cream cones....they look like the ones you get at Dairy Queen!!  I worked at a Dairy Queen in high school, and I still love getting a sweet treat from the DQ on occasion!  Here is what I created:
"Birthday Calories Don't Count" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics (KI White) & Papertrey Ink (smooth white) 
Stamps/Die: WPlus9 (Pile It On) 
Ink: Clearsnap (pigment: dune) & Tsukineko (versafine: onyx black)
Felt/Ribbon: Papertrey Ink
Jewels: Glitz Design (aqua) & International Greetings USA (clear) 
Corner Rounder: Creative Memories
Diecut Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft

Instructions:  Fold white cardstock in half to make card base, and round the bottom corners.  Diecut the ice cream cone shapes from white cardstock, and from three different colored felts.  Stamp the cone to each diecut.  Cut the felt tops off, adhere above the stamped cones, and then top each one with a clear jewel.  Adhere the ice cream cones to the card, and then stamp the sentiment directly below them.  Tie ribbon around the bottom of the card, and accent the middle of the bow with a large aqua jewel.

Don't forget to leave a comment on the WPlus9 blog on each release day, because Dawn will be drawing three random comments who will win "Pile it On"!

And be sure to check out what the rest of the amazing WPlus9 designers have created as well...I know I can't wait!! 
Until later,
~Lea L.

13 comments

  1. Lea I love this so! Great color combo and that big jewel really makes it stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhh, dear! I'm all dizzy and swoony, once again! Lea, you + BLING = makes my HEART sing! LOVE this DELICIOUS card! {Isn't this set AMAZING!} Can't wait for EVEN more inspiration from lovely you! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super, stinkin' sweet and CAS! LOVE your bright, summer colors and those bits of shine, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the rhinestones! Such a cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. adorable!!! love the bling on the ice cream cones!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! I LOVE that you used felt for this. Such a great idea! I always love it when there are different textures on a card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the felt ice cream cones! :) Fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use to be a DQ girl too in High School! I bet I can still make that curl on top too! ;) Cute, cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUM YUM YUMMY!!! Love it girl! Especially that perfect ink color for the cones...I will have to pick some of that up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just simply fabulous Lea.

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥