Sisters Are...

May 9, 2011

Happy Monday, my friends!!  I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend, and a good start of your week so far.  My mom happened to be celebrating her 50th birthday on Friday, and her birthday always lands in the same week as mother's day....so my dad planned a surprise birthday dinner for her at Lydia's in Butte.  Of course- me, Josh & Casey were there, and some of their dearest friends; Kent, JoAnn & Lois came as well.  It was a wonderful dinner in honor of her.  She also got some wonderful gifts- including a $75 gift certificate to Maurice's from us, an awesome new pink bike from Rob, new drinking glasses & a journal from Casey, and a Kindle from Kent & JoAnn.  I also happen to know she was spoiled by the ladies that she is close with in Sheridan...so I think it is safe to say that my mom had a wonderful 50th birthday.  Can you believe that my mama is only 50?!  I have a young, hottie for a mom....tee hee!  Love you mom! ♥

I also have a card to share with you today!  Mother's day is over, but May just seems like a great month to celebrate all the women in your life, doesn't it?  So, I created this card for Stamper's Dream using some of the latest released stamps from JustRite Stampers.  I just love this sentiment about sisters, and even though I don't have a biological sister- there are women in my life who take that place.

I also created this card for a few different challenges that struck my fancy.  First, I used CardPatterns sketch #114 to help out with the design.  I also used Color Throwdown #140 (blushing bride, early espresso, kraft/baja breeze) and Shabby Tea Room #61- "Ruffled Up" as inspiration as well!!  I don't feel like I create ruffles very well on my own, but I felt like these bloomers had the perfect ruffly feel that I needed for the card!  I hope it still fits, even though they aren't a standard ruffle. :)
"Sisters Are..." supplies: 
Cardstock/Button/Scalloped Die: Papertrey Ink (vintage cream) 
Paper: Pink Paislee (Butterfly Garden 6x6 pad)
Stamps: JustRite Stampers (Because I Care set)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: seaglass, chestnut)
Ribbon: Renaissance by Design & Webster's Pages (Bloomers)
Chipboard: Tattered Angels
Pins: Maya Road
Pearls: Kaiser Craft 
Glitter: DecoArt
Diecut Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
Sandpaper

Instructions:  Fold cream cardstock in half to make card base.  Cut background paper slightly smaller, sand the edges, and adhere to the front.  Cut a scalloped strip from blue paper, and sand the edges.  Cut a striped paper strip, sand the edges, and adhere the scallop to the bottom of it.  Adhere the entire piece to the card front.  Cut two pieces of bloomers and adhere to the right side of the card.  Cover a chipboard butterfly in glitter, and then adhere over top of the bloomers.  Tie a bow from blue dotted ribbon, and add a button to the middle using twine.  Adhere to the top of the butterfly, and then accent with two heart stick pins.  Stamp the label and sentiment to a cream cardstock block, and adhere to the bottom of the butterfly.  Accent with pearls to finish.

In other news, I recently found out that I was picked for the April "Fave Find" from My Favorite Things!!  I thought that was very cool, and exciting!  You can see the card they picked in my original post HERE, and here is my fun little badge of honor!!
Well, that is everything that I have to share with you today!  I hope you have a wonderful rest of your evening!! ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea L.

17 comments

  1. This is gorgeous! I love that sparkly butterfly and the fabric flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Lea! Love that PP patterned paper and those gorgeous blooms paired with that sweet JR sentiment ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. STUNNING!!! Those bloomers are fabulous and such gorgeous papers too! Thanks so much for sharing this little lovelie with us in the Tea Room this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love every detail in your card!! Simply gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card! Those ruffly flowers are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! LOVE the papers you have used. Stunning indeed. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous need I say more. Thank you for joining us at cardpatterns.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really cute. I have a strange question. What corner rounder are you using? I have purchased 4 corner rounders in the last month and they all are terrible. Thank you. I'm so frustrated with them. Lovesugargem@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is absolutely gorgeous. i love the design, and the colors are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful card, Lea! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown! Congrats on being the MFT Favorite Find!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Lea!! Gorgeous card! I love the paper and the design :-)Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful card his week at The Shabby Tea Room :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Lea, this is breathtaking; I love your choice of papers ( my favorite at the moment), your flowers , and your gems. And that is a great sentiment. Just gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful Lea, I adore the colors you used, they are absolutely perfect together!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations Lea! Your card is so soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous~gorgeous...congrats on the win at the Shabby Tea Room, you certainly deserve it with this beauty!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥