WPlus9 June 2011 Release Day 2: Pile It On

May 28, 2011

Hi there everyone!!  Welcome to day 2 of the WPlus9 June 2011 release of the latest set called "Pile It On"!  Yesterday I went completely clean & simple for you...showcasing the matching dies for this set, and how you can use them with felt.  Today I have created a card that is on the shabby chic side, and completely different from the card I created yesterday.  This set can work for any and all card styles out there, and I love that about it!

I used the Viva la Verve! May 2011 sketch #4 to help with the design of my card, swapping out the oval for a rectangle.  I also used CR84FN29 (light plum, plum, kraft) for my card, although I am a little late on it, and it won't get to be added to the link list.  Nevertheless, the color combo was perfect for what I wanted!  And lastly, it also fits Just Add Ink #69, to use fussy cutting (which I did on the butterfly accent).  Here is what I created!!
"Best Wishes, Today and Always" supplies: 
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (vintage cream) 
Paper: Webster's Pages (Seaside Retreat & Nature's Storybook 6x6 pad)
Stamps: WPlus9 (Pile It On & Filigreed Frames sets)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: lilac, eggplant, chestnut & Chalk: creamy brown)
Chipboard: Tattered Angels
Ribbon: Renaissance by Design
Lace: vintage craft supply
Flowers: Recollections
Jewels: Doodlebug Designs
Pearls: Kaiser Craft
Glitter: DecoArt

Instructions:  Fold vintage cream cardstock in half to make card base, and ink the edges.  Cut eggplant paper slightly smaller, ink the edges, and adhere to the card front.  Ink the edges of a violet paper block, layer on top, and then adhere lace around the middle.  Stamp the sentiment to the lower left corner of the violet block.  Ink the edges of a parchment paper block, and then stamp the cake to it.  Accent the cake with pearls, and adhere the stamped block to the card.  Frame the cake with a chipboard piece, add a purple dotted bow to the lower right corner and accent the middle of it with paper flowers.  Fussy cut a butterfly from patterned paper, adhere to the opposite corner, and accent the middle with pearls.  Cover chipboard photo corners with glitter, and adhere to opposite corners.  Accent each one with a purple jewel to finish.

Did you notice that I combined this set with another WPlus9 stamp set?  The sentiments that come with Pile It On are super cute, but I needed something a bit more elegant.  So, I combined the cake layers from Pile It On with sentiments from Filigreed Frames...and they went together perfectly!  When I was creating this, my initial meaning for it was as a wedding card.  Looking at it, it could also be an elegant birthday card.  I know all the women in my family would love to receive it, as well as people I know that are getting married.  I just love when you create something that has many purposes!!  

Don't forget to leave a comment on the WPlus9 blog on each release day, because Dawn will be drawing three random comments who will win "Pile it On"!

And be sure to check out what the rest of the amazing WPlus9 designers have created as well...I know I can't wait!! 
Until later,
~Lea L.

9 comments

  1. Your card is beautiful! Love the coor combos! http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow beautiful creation n I luv the sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an elegant card! I love the the way you've embellished the bow--and the color combination is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be still my heart Lea...GORGEOUS...YUMMY...soft and warm like a beautiful summer sunset...this card is STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhhhhhhh, meeeeeee goooooodness! THIS is exquisite!!! Lea, WOW! This is positively glorious! I want to hold it in my hands and whisper to it, for some reason. WOW! What a way to show off this spectacular set with a "master's" style - Bravissima!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooo! So elegant and shabby and regal and GORGEOUS all at the same time! Just beautiful, Lea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another home run! This is like a modern shabby chic. I love how you combine bright bold colors with this style. It really makes it stand out and is so now. Just lovin it all!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥