Helmar USA & Lawn Fawn Week!

May 30, 2011

Hi there!!  I know...I have had a lot of posts going on in the past few days!  It always seems as though I have a ton of stuff going on at the same time!  SO...if you are looking for my latest WPlus9 release post, either scroll down one post, or CLICK HERE

This week Lawn Fawn is partnering with Helmar USA (an adhesive manufacturer)!  There will be fun projects on the two blogs all week long, along with some fun giveaways!  So, be sure to check out both blogs all week long to find out what you can win, and to be inspired by all the amazing projects!!

For my card, I mostly used the Helmar Permanent Adhesive Runner.  I used it to glue all papers, ribbons & trims to the card front.  I also did a bit of machine stitching on my card, and the great thing about this adhesive is that it didn't gum up or hurt the needle in my machine at all.  That is really great!  I also used a white Zapdot to help my stamped tag keep its dimension from the glittered chipboard frame. 

I used Viva la Verve! May 2011 sketch #2 to help with the design of my card.  I used the CR84FN30 colors (light blue, light yellow, kraft) and The Shabby Tea Room #54 (2 patterned papers, 4 buttons, & 6 layers).  You might be thinking, "I only see 3 buttons."  There are only 3 physical buttons...but if you look very closely at the right side of the vintage baby image...the ribbon is looped with a button- and that is what I am considering my 4th button!  Tee hee!  I hope that isn't cheating...a 4th physical button just didn't really work for me!
"It's A Boy" supplies:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (kraft, vintage cream) 
Paper: Webster's Pages (Lullaby Lane 6x6 pad) 
Stamps: Lawn Fawn (Sophie's Sentiments & Bows and Holly sets)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: dune, robin's egg, frost white) & Tim Holtz (Distress Ink: antique linen)
Ink Blending Tool: Tim Holtz
Doily: Wilton
Ribbon: Renaissance by Design
Twine: May Arts
Buttons/Lace: craft supply
Pins: Making Memories (yellow) & Maya Road (clear) 
Vintage Image: Crafty Secrets
Chipboard: Tattered Angels
Glitter: DecoArt
Sandpaper
Sewing Machine/Thread

Instructions:  Fold kraft cardstock in half to make card base, and ink the edges.  Sand the edges of two paper blocks, layer together, and adhere lace trim at the bottom seam.  Zig-zag stitch along both seams, and then adhere the entire block to the card front.  Distress Ink the white doily in antique linen using an ink blending tool, and then adhere it to the front.  Tie ribbon over top of the doily, and attach a button to the middle of the bow using twine.  Cover a chipboard frame in glitter, and then adhere the vintage image to the bottom of it.  Adhere the entire frame to the card front, and then accent below it with two buttons & twine.  Stamp the tag & sentiment to vintage cream cardstock, and then tuck it under the button on the bow and adhere.  Add two stick pins coming from the top of the bow to finish.

I hope that you've enjoyed the card I created for Helmar USA & Lawn Fawn week!!  Enjoy your Monday!  ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea L. 

Challenge Inspiration Photos

19 comments

  1. Very pretty....and I would count the 4th button. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so so so gorgeous!!!! tfs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! Love the shimmery TA frame and darling image! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful! I just love the vintage image and all the sweet embellies! Thanks for playing along with us in the Tea Room this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome Lea!!! What a perfect baby card!!! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful card this week at The Shabby Tea Room :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lea, your card is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! This card is gorgeous... you do so many styles so well! I'm impressed. Thanks for sharing your talent with the Shabby Tea Room.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lea! This card is utterly AMAZING!!! WOW! It's the sweetest birthday card - love the shimmery frame, the vintage image and all the other fabulous details! It's got such WOW factor!!! Gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lea, this is so sweet! Great job on the colors!
    XO
    Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous!! Such pretty backing papers, lovely glitterly frame, stitched details, doily and bow - a delightfully vintage baby card. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous baby card.....love the soft and pretty colors and all the beautiful details!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So soft ... so shabby ... SO PRETTY!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the baby image and the fab papers! LOVE the polka dotted ribbon! PRETTY card! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful, Lea! That vintage baby image is just adorable! Love the soft, delicate accents and the colors! Fab-O!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wowzers! What a gorgeous Baby Card! Love the whole thing! Just Gorgeous!

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lea this is just stunning! Wow... all those gorgeous elements put together perfectly. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How sweet, Lea! I love the darling vintage baby image. Thanks so much for playing at CR84FN! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥