Mother nature is pointing and laughing at me....

March 21, 2008

It is SNOWING! Our backyard is covered in snow that is not melting!! Seriously...mother nature is mocking me right now...I was so ready for some spring weather!! Sigh...oh well, this means we will have a gorgeous summer, right?

Well, I got a layout and two cards done last night! In my last post I said I had found the first kit that I ever wanted to purchase. I have been watching this kit for the past 5 months to see if it was for me or not. I love bright colors, patterns, and cutesy items when it comes to crafting- and I think I found what I was looking for in a kit! So, I ordered my first one in March. The name of the kit is My Sweet Spuds, and the kits are really cute and fun! Here are some projects that I did with the kit so far: Layout Journaling:
"You see this precious little cocker sleeping soundly? She looks so sweet and peaceful, doesn’t she? I dare you to wake her up…
Truthfully, she IS super sweet and cute…but has a bit of an attitude when she wants her way. And the bark…oh man, the bark. It can get the best of you some days. But, we love her to pieces and we are so glad she is our little Sadie girl, even when she is having an obnoxious moment."

And a couple of cards...aren't those stickers on the second card darling!?


I did a sneak peek of this card earlier in the week. It is my card for this week's sketch at the CPS Sketch Blog. Be sure to check it out...lots of great spring themed cards this week!
Well, that is about it for me today. Just staying warm in our lovely wintry spring weather we have going on!

4.5 hours until my weekend starts,
~Lea

14 comments

  1. The rainbow card is just beautiful - I really like the folded ribbon technique!
    We're in for some bad weather, too - yuk!!

    Happy Easter, Lea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lea, you are always so sweet, thanks for the nice comment. I love all your new work:)
    I hope you & your family have a great Easter weekend!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I really LOVE the layout and ALL three cards! Have a beautiful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards and layout, esp love the 'fall' card, but they are all fabulous!! I'm so glad I found your blog :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This kit suits you my friend. LoVE the St Patty's card. Perfect.

    We had snow here too... how am I supposed to get spring Easter pics with my girls in their matching dresses picking up eggs if they are in their parkas? GRRR. lol

    Have a wonderful Easter and enjoy the rest of your weekend, my friend.

    DAvinie

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a wonderful LO - the cards are just wonderful. I hope your snow melts soon. I know what we got last night is now almost gone here :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the lo, what an adorable dog Sadie is! Those cards are amazing.. love all the colors. We're getting snow for Easter too. Have a great one. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are awesome, Lea. Your little pooch is so cute. Love the bright colors in the kit. You totally rocked it!!! Happy Easter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If it's any comfort, it's been snowing all weekend here in the UK too ... so I went and took photos! The kit looks as if it was a good buy, love the bright colours and the darling dog :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such beautiful work! Added you to my faves! Thanks for all the inspiration! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, cheerful cards and LO! Love them! I have to tell you that my sis's name is Lea L. too. I had to laugh because I knew she wasn't visiting my blog. ;)
    If you love cupcakes, check out : http://www.cupcakeroyale.com/
    YUM!
    thanks for the sunshine! Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aaaaaw I adore your layout... how fab is that!!! I can't stop looking :D Beautiful cards too and your are right about those fun stickers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the doggie layout! Just discovered your new blog... hadn't checked on ya in awhile after the old one! OFf to check out more!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are all so sweet! YOu ROCK! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥