What could be better....

March 2, 2008

...than watching one of my favorite movies....

and making cupcakes at the same time....

Add to that some scrappy time, and the only thing that could have made the day any better is if my hubby could have been at home too. But alas, he has to work on Sundays, and he had a closing shift. So, I did a bunch of fun girly stuff that he wouldn't have had fun doing anyways. Now I have 24 cupcakes....well, 22 since I ate two of them...that I need to find a home for. The hubby doesn't care for cherry chip cake and frosting- and I will gain about a zillion pounds if I try and eat them all. So, I think I will take them to work tomorrow as a belated Valentine treat for everyone. I had that awful cold/flu thing over Valentine's day...so I wasn't about to get my germs all over some baked goods and get everyone else sick at my work. Come to think of it, I don't think I even went in on V-Day because of it.

I will confess that the cupcakes are from a box, and the frosting is from a tub. I got a Kitchenaid Mixer for my birthday, but have yet to bake a good cake from scratch. I can make a mean homemade bread...and some pretty fabulous cookies, but the cake thing...not working out to well for me.

SO...if you have any tried and true homemade cake recipes...I would LOVE to have them! I WANT to make a good cake from scratch- it just hasn't happened yet. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated!

I will share my scrappy stuff later this week. I need to get better photographs of it all first....I missed the perfect daylight by just mere minutes!

Hope your Sunday was blessed,
~Lea

9 comments

  1. I had a pretty good sunday. I had to work as well!

    never fun.

    those cupcakes look so yummy!
    I wish I could eat one or three. lol

    it is good to see you blogging again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I saw on Paula's Party last night where she made a 1-2-3-4 cake...

    One Cup Butter
    Two Cups Sugar
    Three Cups Self Rising Flour
    Four Eggs

    And then a cup of milk and a tsp of vanilla! The she made a coconut filler and a beautiful icing...

    Here is a link to the cake recipe...it looks yummy!

    http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_24180,00.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. HIya Lea,

    Glad to see you blogging again. Missed looking at your awesome work. hehe

    Hope all is well and glad that you are feeling good again.

    The cup cakes look fab.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my top 5 movies, and I've never met a cupcake I didn't love ;)
    Angelia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you are blogging! Love the look...very sweet! I'll be checking back :)

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, Lea is blogging again!!!

    Love that movie too!!

    The cupcakes look so good!! I hope your co-workers enjoyed them!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love cherry chip cupcakes!
    I'll see what I can find in the way of cake recipes!

    ps: I love your movie choice, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh girl, those look good!! take a road trip to FL and i will help you eat them!!! :) thanks for your sweet comments on my blog - you know that card you liked the best, with the cut out swirly paper? that was my least fave of the bunch!!! i am glad you like it, because it reassured me that it wasn't as awful as i thought!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great movie, delish looking cupcakes!
    I have some AWESOME tried and true cakes recipes-from-scratch that I will email to you if you email me first (I can't find your email on your blog). my address is granolagirltoo at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥