Well, the snow melted...

March 24, 2008

...and Easter Sunday ended up being beautiful! It was sunshiny with mild temperatures- so that was nice! We drove over to Sheridan on Saturday evening so we could spend Easter Sunday with my parents. Josh, Casey and I watched the movie "I Am Legend" on Saturday night. Not what I thought it was going to be, but pretty good!

My dad gave an awesome Easter message yesterday! He did a "Law & Order" themed sermon based on proving that the tomb was indeed empty because Jesus died, and was resurrected. It was a really great sermon...and even had us doing the "ching-ching" sounds from Law & Order. He made some really amazing points about how we have proof that Jesus is alive and sitting at the right hand of our Father. Glory!!

After church we sat around chatting, playing Wii...and had our Easter dinner together as a family, with another couple from their church. It was nice and laid-back!

This morning I woke up feeling pretty awful, so I am staying home from work today. No need to infect an entire station of people if I am coming down with something.

I got these cute cards done on Saturday, in between laundry loads and before we left for Sheridan. I don't have a sneak peek this week of my CPS card...but I will hint that i used the same papers! I have all the new Sassafras Lass papers on the way to me...and haven't used all of this line up yet! It is one of my favorite paper lines....so I feel like I need to use every little piece of it! Hope you like them!


Well, I am going to go lay down for a little bit. Typing this took the little bit of energy I did have....I must really be coming down with something. Yuck- I hope it passes quickly!

I hope everyone had a blessed Easter Sunday,
~Lea

22 comments

  1. Gorgeous cards, hope you feel better, Lea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lea! Glad you had such a nice Easter! Your Dad's sermon sounds like it was really fun to listen to...I LOVE L&O!

    Adorable cards!! Hope you're feeling better soon!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. just whoooooooo doesn't adore Sass Lass?!! another outstanding set of cards from the Queen of Bling!

    Feeling better?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely cards! Belated Happy Easter to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comment... LOVE your work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great weekend!

    I hope you are feeling better!!

    Beautiful cards!! Did you get your new Sass today? I did and it's even better in person!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a wonderful Easter. That "apple of my eye" card is too cute!!! You do really nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, glad you heard about the REAL Easter! Praise God for Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh just gorgeous Lea, I love the apple card especially - these papers are just so cute aren't they? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lea,
    these cards are amazing! I love the bright colors:)
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are just TOO cute!! What fun cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these cards and that SL line, can't wait to see your CPS card.;0) Hope your feeling better soon, your Easter soons very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute cards! Sounds like an awesome Easter. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh that apple card is adorable!! :) Glad you had a great easter girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lea, these are both perfect! I love your mixed papers and trims--always great details!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Darling, darling, darling! Your cards always make me so happy Lea---you're amazing!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my I love the Apple of my Eye card...Adoroable. Kinda jealous you Easter was warm... Crossing myfingers the snow will melt here... SoME DAY!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow! Those are super cute! Hope you are feeling better soon! Take care! ~Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adorable cards, Lea! I love that paper line too. I hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very cheerful cards. like the last one best

    ReplyDelete
  21. I absolutely loooove those cards! Great job with the Sassafrass Lass paper.

    CC

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥