Scrapgal Inspired Layouts

March 5, 2008

Scrapgal has been my longtime scrapbooking "home"...and this past weekend we found that the wonderful owners Carly and Steve will be moving on to other things...and have sold Scrapgal. Along with this, some longtime DT members are also stepping down to do other things. It was bittersweet reading this information, because I understand needing change and moving on...but I also struggle with change. Carly opened her home for us to have "Scrapgala" in Utah two summers ago, and we had a blast together. I consider these women my friends, and I hope that they will still be around...and that the new owners of Scrapgal will keep it the same close knit, drama free, and uplifting place that it is now. ETA: I just wanted to add that Scrapgal is not shutting down...just changing owners! :)

I did some layouts in honor of some of the DT members that are stepping down. This layout was inspired by Celeste Smith, and a layout of hers titled "Homebody".

Some of the layout information: most of the papers are by Urban Lily. I LOVE this Christmas line they came out with! The striped paper is KI Memories, and the tree rub-on is from the Love, Elsie collection! Click on the layout to see it larger if you want!

This layout was inspired by Gaby, and a layout of her titled "Charming Island".

Some layout information: the papers are KI Memories & Rouge De Garance. That cute heart epoxy sticker is by MAMBI...I have a zillion sheets of these epoxy stickers that they came out with...and they are awesome!!!

This layout was inspired by Dina, and a layout titled "Goofy". This layout is so different from my normal white background, clean and simple style...but I love it! Gotta do something different now and then!

All of the papers on this layout are by Urban Lily...I hand cut the circle frame with the flowers on the corner. So pretty (and isn't Sadie just the cutest thing)! You can't read the journaling on this one...so here it is:
"I have called her either “Pretty Sadie” or just “Pretty Girl” since the day we took her home. Between her full & glossy coat, her prissy sit, and the fact that she even lays down pretty- Sadie can be hard to resist!! She is pretty lucky that she is so adorable though, because she gets off the hook a lot when her
bratty side comes out. It is hard to stay mad when that pretty face looks up at you and begs for a little loving attention."


Well, that is all for today. Our entire server crashed at work...which has made actually trying to work interesting, to say the least. Hopefully we will have access to everything again soon.

Here is hoping your server doesn't go down,
~Lea

9 comments

  1. Lea, these layout are awesome! I don't think I can even pick a favorite--they are all uniquely lovely, though so different in styles. TFS! (You may inspire me to scrap yet. ;-D)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lea
    Thanks for the sweet comment! I love your card at CPS it's so sweet:)
    Your blog & your work is absolutely stunning!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! your layouts are amazing...fabulous work. I am in lurve with that little doggie and that layout just rocks :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. well said, Lea, regarding SG.
    and of course, you can rocked your LO's in tribute to Celeste, Dina and Gaby!
    peace.
    Patrice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey you! I am taking a swig of agua with you right now... lol
    I was thinking of you and your Dirty Dancing post the other day when I saw the Patrick Swayze news... I hope you didn't have to sneak away to watch it when you were young. It is a treasure for the media library for sure, lol. "I carried a watermelon!?" "Nobody puts Baby in the corner". lol
    I hope your brother is doing okay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey there...glad you found me. :) Nice to see you blogging again...always loved looking at your creations. Will have to put you in my sidebar so I can find ya!! :)
    Love the layouts...and that's really sad about ScrapGal. I loved it there too...not quite sure why I quit hanging out there...I think it was about the time I took a whole online hiatus. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are one amazing scrapper little girl--so sorry about Scrapgal shutting down--hope you can find another place that feels like home to you!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥