Candy Corn, yum!

October 21, 2010

Happy Thursday, friends!  I think I may have a fever or something...because I have posted every day this week!  AND you are going to get a post on Friday too!  Tee hee!

Today I have my card for CPS Sketch 189.  If you follow my blog in even the tiniest amount, you know that I am not much of a coloring person when it comes to stamping.  So, getting the Friendship Jar Fillers from PTI was a bit of a gamble for me...but I think the concept of this set is so fun, and I really wanted them!  Well, I also got some American Crafts stamping markers in a goodie box awhile back...and they have just been sitting in their packaging on a shelf.  When I decided I wanted to base this card around the candy corn image, I chose to break the markers out and give it a whirl.  So, what do I think?  Well, the jury is still out.  I think the card looks pretty good, but am not sure it has anything to do with my coloring skills.  And maybe I would like it better with Copics, but let's face it...they are EXPENSIVE!  And not really in my budget.  So- I will have to make due with what I do have on hand.  Without further ado...here is my card:
"Candy Corn" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: Martha Stewart Crafts
Vellum: The Paper Company
Stamps/Dies: Papertrey Ink (Friendship Jar, Friendship Jar Fall Fillers, For The Graduate)
Ink: Tsukineko (Versafine: onyx black) & Clearsnap (Pigment: orange)
Markers: American Crafts
Ribbon: Renaissance by Design
Jewels: Doodlebug Designs
Glitter: DecoArt
Diecut Machine: Cuttlebug & Cricut Expression by Provo Craft
Diecut Cartridge: Storybook by Provo Craft

 Instructions:  Fold kraft cardstock in half to make card base.  Round the top corners of an orange dot paper block, and adhere to the front of the card.  Cut the labels from black cardstock at 4 1/4" and white cardstock at 4" using the Cricut Expression & Storybook cartridge.  Layer the labels together, and stamp the jar & candy corn to it, then color in the candy corn.  Diecut the jar ruffle from striped paper using a Cuttlebug and PTI die, and then stamp the outline image to it.  Cover the ruffle in glitter and then adhere to the stamped jar on the label.  Punch a hole though the top of the label, and tie ribbon through it.  Adhere the entire label to the front of the card.  Diecut the sentiment label from orange paper, and stamp the outline and sentiment to it.  Adhere it to a strip of vellum, and stamp the border lines to it.  Wrap the vellum strip around the bottom of the card, and accent with jewels. 

So I wasn't very tired the other night, and decided to watch a movie that had come from Netflix.  My mother-in-law recommended it, because she thought it was very sweet and heartwarming.  So...I checked it out:
It was pretty cute!  The ending was a tad over the top in the cheese factor for me....but up until that point I thought it was a decent movie.  If you like super mushy gushy cheeseball endings...then this is right up your alley.  If you are a chick flick fan...you will at least enjoy it.  That is where I stand with it...even if I kind-of gagged during the ending.  Tee hee! :)

Well, that is all I have for now!!  I hope that you have a super wonderful Thursday! ♥♥♥

Until later,
~Lea L.

12 comments

  1. Lea,
    This card is adorable! The jar image from Papertrey Ink is on the top of my list to purchase. I just love it! I, myself do not own a single Copic marker either. I would like to but can't seem to figure out which one to purchase first.
    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum indeed!! such and adorable card Lea...and now I want some candy corn!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lea girl! I rarely comment anymore because of my google reader. I am bad, but this is so cute!! I love the PTI you used here. I have been eying that friendship jar set for a while. I watched that movie Tuesday night! I liked it. A bit predictable, but what romances aren't? Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job with the Candy Corn colouring! I love that strip of vellum at the bottom with the touch of gems. Super card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing says Halloween like candy corn! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cute card! I think your candy corn looks great and I love the polka dotted background! The vellum is a really nice touch too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Candy Corn is one of my favorites and so is this card!!! You rocked the Friendship Jar stamps my friend!!! We saw this movie last weekend and you're right, itwas very predictable and my dh was gagging through most of it, but I'm forever a chick flick fan!!!

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So adorable... Bright, sweet and classy all in one... I love how the picture has rounded corners..How do you do that?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just ADORABLE Lea!!! I can't stand eating candy corn but I think it's really cute lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh girlie, I'm glad you took the chance and bought that CUTE stamp!!! It's darling and your coloring skills are perfect! Love how you used the vellum and the polka dots are so much fun!

    Thank you for the movie warning. tee hee! Have a wonderful weekend! ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha! I've got that movie on my Netflix list too- I don't mind the cheesey endings :) Did you see When in Rome? and August Rush? Those were both good and cheesy and I recently watched them :) Love the card too- candy corns are so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥