Skipping Stones Design Sketch 47

October 19, 2010

Happy Tuesday, friends!!  I hope this post finds you having a great week so far!!  Today I have my card for Skipping Stones Design sketch 47.  I have been loving my guest design stints with SSD, and using all the fun sketches every week!  We are featuring the new stamp set called "Grunge" this week....and I LOVE this fun set.  LOVE it!! I haven't done a rainbow themed card in a long time, and this set was just CALLING for it!!  Here it is!
"Happy Birthday" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Stamps: Skipping Stones Design (Grunge set) 
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: scarlet, orange, canary, lime, aqua, violet, lilac)
Jewels: Doodlebug Designs
Ribbon: Renaissance by Design
Glitter: DecoArt
Adhesive: Scor-Tape
Circle Cutter: Creative Memories

Instructions:  Cut and fold white cardstock in half to make your card base.  Stamp the scalloped border to the left side of the card in a rainbow gradient.  Cut a circle from white cardstock, and stamp the sentiment to the middle of it.  Adhere a piece of 1/8" Scor-Tape above the sentiment, and cover in glitter.  Ink the edges of the circle and adhere it to the front of the card.  Accent it with a red bow, and a rainbow line of jewels.

Be sure to check out what all the other ladies on the SSD design team, and guest designers have created with the sketch too!
Karen Giron- http://kgiron.blogspot.com/  {Guest Sketch Artist}
Shannan Teubner- http://withfeathersandsequins.blogspot.com/ {Guest Designer}

Josh and I went and saw a movie in the theater {gasp!!} recently.  We haven't gone to a movie in so long...it was nice!  We went to a matinee so it wouldn't be so darn expensive, and it was well worth it!  We saw this: 
It was really good!  We watched the original Wall Street on Netflix instant watch a couple days before going to the movie...I recommend watching it before hand.  It isn't completely necessary, but definitely worth it.  It will make parts of the movie a lot more witty and funny if you do.  

Well, that is all I have for now.  Except this...can you believe that I leave for Kenya in 7 weeks?!  Time has just flown since I made the decision to make the trip...and I can't wait!! I have one more travel clinic visit to get the rest of my shots, and some purchases to make at REI to further guard myself from mosquito carried illnesses...but other than that, I am ready!!  We had a meeting yesterday about the trip, and every time I think about it I get more excited.  I can't wait to share with you what God does on this trip for us and through us...it is going to be such a blessing. ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea L.  

12 comments

  1. Love, love, love your take on the sketch....gotta love the rainbow inspired card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is just awesome, Lea! I'm going to have to try your rainbow idea sometime. I wouldn't have ever thought to use that stamp set that way. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really heart your stamping.. using the grunge.. its just gorgeous multicoloured.

    Lovely card :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lea.....Oh my goodness, your card is stunning!!! Love it!

    I didn't know you were going to Kenya...are you going for a photography trip?? I'm super exicted for you!! What will the weather be like there? Hopefully better than middle of December in Montana!!!

    Keep in touch and will you be blogging while you are there, or Facebook? I'd love to keep up with you trip.

    Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the rainbow color to the grunge background pattern! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the rainbow and the glitz! Thanks for the cute movie review and tips, I wondered if it would be beneficial to watch the first one before seeing the second...now I know! Wish you well on your upcoming trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this card is so very Lea! love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an amazing card Lea! I love this rainbow and the matching jewels are the perfect touch! Way to rock this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow- this is gorgeous! I love the rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty work dear, I like the simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is very cheerful! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥