Peace Within...

October 18, 2010

Good afternoon, my friends!!  I hope that the start of your week has been a wonderful one so far!!  My week started yesterday afternoon with a senior portrait session.  This time around I photographed a young man named Dillon from Hamilton, MT.  I have had all girl seniors so far this year, so it was a nice change!

I have a clean & simple card to share with you today!  I feel like I haven't had any time to create something "just because" lately...so I decided to make a little time for myself today.  I looked at some of my favorite sketch blogs, and found that Waltzingmouse challenge #19 fit what I had in mind.  Here is a look:
"Peace Within makes Beauty Without" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Vellum: The Paper Company
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (Through the Trees set) 
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: frost white, cranberry) & Tsukineko (Versafine: onyx black) 
Ribbon: Renaissance by Design
Button: Jenni Bowlin Studio
Glitter: DecoArt
Adhesive: Scor-Tape
Corner Rounder: EK Success

Instructions:  Fold kraft cardstock in half to make your card base, and round the bottom corners.  Stamp the trees to the upper left corner of the card with frost white ink.  Add a strip of 1/8" Scor-Tape to the top of a vellum strip, and cover in glitter.  Wipe the glitter from the bottom of the vellum, and adhere the strip to the front of the card.  Stamp the sentiment on the vellum strip using onyx black Versafine ink.  Adhere a strip of ribbon to the bottom of the card, and add a rhinestone button to the right side.  Stamp the two birds in the trees using cranberry ink, and then very lightly sprinkle a tiny amount of glitter over the trees.

Josh and I watched this movie together last week on a recommendation from his dad...
It was pretty good- a little cheesy in parts, but filled with action and a pretty sweet love story.  I am glad we didn't spend the money to see it in the theater, but it was definitely a good pick for a Netflix movie.  So, if you Netflix or RedBox...check this one out!  

Well, I need to get going for now.  Have a wonderful rest of your Monday! ♥♥♥

Until later,
~Lea L.

13 comments

  1. Lea this is so lovely! :) Love the ribbon treatment too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lea, I love how the pretty red Cardinals stand off the card. Fabulous girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pops of colors from the birds and the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lea, this is absolutely beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty CAS card Lea! Love the embossed forest & the pop of red with the sweet lil' bird! Thanks for playing along with the WMSC :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely clean,crisp card!
    Lana x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the red and white on the kraft - the trees look wonderful on this! thanks for playing with WMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so so pretty!! I love the red color contrast and the stamping + vellum. HEART!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card! I love the combo it is so serene and wintery!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥