Papertrey Ink October Blog Hop

October 25, 2010

Hi everyone!!  I had the chance to get a couple of cards done this morning for the PTI Blog Hop today!  Here is the challenge that was issued this time around:
Let me first note that I am editing these images on my laptop, and the screen is not color calibrated.  So, I have no idea if the coloring is right on with these images...I will end up redoing them when I get home!

My first card I decided to go with a winter theme.  I did use Color Cue 9 from the WPlus9 blog this month.  Pink, grey & white...one of my FAVE combos!!
"Chill of Winter" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: My Mind's Eye
Stamps/felt/Die: Papertrey Ink (Friendship Jar Holiday Fillers, On Ice
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: antique pewter) 
Ribbon: Renaissance by Design
Jewels: Doodlebug Designs
Glitter: DecoArt & Ranger Stickles
Corner Rounder: EK Success 
Diecut Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft

Instructions:  Fold pink cardstock in half to make card base, and round the bottom corners.  Round the bottom corners of a white paper block, and cover the top with a pink houndstooth paper block.  Stamp the hanging snowflakes to the right side of the block.  Cut a scalloped border from white felt, and adhere right above the stamping.  Tie ribbon around the seam between the patterned paper and felt, then stamp the sentiment below the bow.  Adhere the entire block to the front of the card.  Accent the snowflake centers with jewels, and add glitter Stickles to the stars. 

For my next card, I went with a Hanukkah card.  I had to mix some stamps, so I used both PTI and Lawn Fawn to create this one.  I love how it turned out!!  I used Laura's Sketch 64 from 2 Sketches 4 U for this one. 

"Happy Hanukkah" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics 
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (Merry Little Christmas) & Lawn Fawn (Happy Hanukkah)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: chestnut, eggplant, antique pewter, evergreen, lilac, black)
Embossing Powder: Stampendous (clear)
Ribbon: Renaissance by Design
Jewels: Doodlebug Designs
Corner Rounder: EK Success

Instructions:  Fold purple cardstock in half to make card base, and tie light purple ribbon around the middle of it.  Round the top corners of a white cardstock block, and stamp the scene to it.  Cover the dreidels in clear embossing powder, and set with a heat gun.  Accent two of the tree stems with purple jewels, and adhere the entire block to the front using dimensional adhesive.

We are having a good time in Sheridan, MT so far with my parents and Josh's dad.  My mom made the yummiest quiche for dinner last night...it was your normal spinach quiche, but in place of regular bacon we added turkey bacon, and in place of swiss cheese we added a cheddar blend.  It was YUMMY!  I am definitely going to make that more when I am at home! 

Well, I better get going for now!  Enjoy your Monday! ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea L.

51 comments

  1. Lea, these are GORGEOUS, but your first card literally took my breath away...WOW....Soooooo beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, the first one is definitely stunning, and the pink is SO beautiful on a winter card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..those are truly beautiful and creative cards. I love the images and colors of the first one and the "cute factor" of the second. I think I may need that filler set after all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you used the dreidels as ornaments on the tree in the 2nd card. So creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, your cards are great. I really love the pink for winter theme. Your second card is so clever and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE both cards! The first is so pretty and soft and the second...soo creative and fun! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW..these cards turned out just Awesome. I loved both of them. Perfect color combination and just overall cool!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, Lea! You are so clever to hand the dreidels off the tree branch. And the colors of that first card are simple gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that pink card is AMAZING. I love the nontraditional colors and images on the Hanukkah card as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love love loe the pink one! I didn't get the bird and tree set, but I might have to now that I have seen something other than a star dangling, lol! I keep wanting a baby carriage under there!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE your non-traditionally-colored first card & your second one is just a fabulous Hanukkah card!!! Very C-L-E-V-E-R!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh your cards are fabulous! LOVE the first one...so feminine with that soft pink and white coloring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh la la, these cards are pure perfection! I'm completely in love with all of your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE, LOVE both these cards! so gorgeous. Definitely makes me wnat Holiday Fillers :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohh what beautiful cards! Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE them both but your Chill of Winter is just breath taking! It doesn't hurt that I LOVE pink, but all the glittery details and the snowflakes and the bling just take my breath away! SERIOUSLY!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great job on both of them! I especially like the one with the hanging dreidels. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun way to feature the dreidels! Beautiful soft pink card...love the sparkly snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Definitely ♥♥♥ the first card. The hanging snowflakes look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow Lea your cards are gorgeous and creative! The first one in pink is stunning! And I love the dreidels hanging from the tree on the second card - very whimsical!! That would be a great card for an interfaith family!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Soooo pretty, I especially LOVE the pink and white card...perfect for winter and not using the traditional winter colors...love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow. I love, love, love your pink card! That is a stunner for sure! I love the touch of glitter at the bottom as well...great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow wow wow! I love that first card....it is just breathtaking! Just perfect for anyone this winter. Your second card is fabulous too....going to check out the rest of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh wow!! Magnificent work as always, you always are an inspiration. :)
    Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous cards! Your Chill of Winter is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Absolutely amazing work Lea!!! I just love them both!!! You are such an inspiration my friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lea,
    Your cards are lovely. I just think that star and snowflake jar filler is the prettiest stamp and I cannot wait until mine arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  28. My jaws just dropped looking at your first card. Gorgeous! Consider it CASEd! :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  29. The card is just just gorgeous.. So lovely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  30. Both are so fun and elegant. Great job with the PTI challenge.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great cards! The first one is so-o-o gorgeous. I'm going to file that one away for a later date. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hanging dreidels... how cute are they? The first card is just beautiful and the second is just cute beyond words. You did such a great job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a adorable hannukah card, I just love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful inspiration as always! Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Girl, these are gorgeous! The snowflake card is pretty beyond words and I love the creativity on your Hanukkah card! Amazing projects, Lea! ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow, both cards are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oooh!.. The first card is sooo... tender! Like it very much!

    ReplyDelete
  38. What beautiful cards, Lea! LOVE the pinks on the first one, it just looks like a quiet snowy day.

    ReplyDelete
  39. These are gorgeous, Lea! I, especially, love your Color Cue take! Such beautiful sparkle, absolutely stunning simplicity of design, and a perfect combination of elements! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi, Lea! These are POSITIVELY stunning! Oh, my heavens! Not only is your work EXQUISITE, but your photographs just SLAY me: so brilliant! I am SO late in stopping by to say THANK YOU, so much, for sharing your talent with Wplus9! {Your card was SO worth the wait!} Thanks, again!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥