Spooktacularly Witchy....

October 27, 2010

....say that fast 10 times in a row, phew!  Tee hee!!  I hope this post finds your middle of the week going well!  I have a couple of cards to share with you today, and I am really happy with how they turned out!  Do you know that feeling when a design or two just clicks?  That is how I felt when putting these two together.

The first card uses Waltzingmouse Sketch #20, and Curtain Call Color Challenge #53.  It has been awhile since participating in the color challenge, and I miss it!!  I did substitute whisper white for cream....it just worked better for my card. 
"Witch's Brew" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: Making Memories
Stamps/Die: Papertrey Ink (Friendship Jar Fall Fillers
Ink: Tsukineko (Versafine: onyx black), Clearsnap (Chalk: charcoal) & CTMH (Pigment: vanilla cream)
Jewel: Doodlebug Designs
Glitter: Ranger Stickles
Diecut Machine: Cuttlebug & Cricut by Provo Craft
Diecut Cartridge: Storybook by Provo Craft 
Ribbon/Colored Pencils: craft supply

Instructions:  Fold orange cardstock in half to make card base, and ink the edges.  Ink the edges of a gray paper block, and adhere to the front of the card.   Cut the label from text paper at 3 1/2" and from cream cardstock at 3" using a Cricut Expression & Storybook cartridge.  Ink the edges of the larger label, and tie ribbon around the middle of it.  Adhere this label to the front of the card.  Ink the edges of the smaller label, and stamp the witch image to the front of it.  Color it in with colored pencils, and adhere it to the front of the card using dimensional adhesive.  Diecut the tag from orange cardstock using a Cuttlebug, and stamp the outline and sentiment to it.  Adhere it underneath the thin black bow, and accent with a yellow jewel.  Add glitter Stickles to each yellow star in the witch image.

This next card uses FTL #113 from the Clean & Simple Stamping blog this week.  I seriously LOVE these Halloween stamps from PTI...and they look all the better glittered!  Tee hee!  Love it! 
"Have a Spooktacular Halloween" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: Martha Stewart Crafts
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (Been Boo'd)
Ink: Tsukineko (Versafine: onyx black, Dew Drop Dye: dandelion)
Ribbon: Renaissance by Design
Jewels: Doodlebug Designs
Glitter: DecoArt
Corner Rounder: EK Success

Instructions: Fold kraft cardstock in half to make card base, and round the bottom corners.  Ink the edges of 3 patterned paper squares, and adhere to the bottom of the card.  Tie ribbon around the middle of the card, just above the squares.  Add two strips of 1/8" Scor-Tape to the top of the card, and cover with glitter.  Stamp the moon, bats & star to white paper and cut out.  Cover them in glitter using spray adhesive, and adhere them to the top of the square paper blocks.  Stamp the sentiment to the bottom of the card, in between the moon & star accents, and add three jewels to the upper right corner.

Don't forget that I am giving away the new "Grunge" stamp set from Skipping Stones Design on THIS POST.  Be sure to leave a comment about my card on it, and which of the backgrounds in the set is your fave!!  I will draw the winner this coming Friday....so please get to commenting!! :) 

Skipping Stones Design is also teaming with Paper Crafts Magazine in another giveaway.  Four lucky winners will win 4 SSD stamp sets....so CLICK HERE FOR THAT GIVEAWAY

I downloaded Taylor Swift's new album off of Amazon this week for $3.99!!  I am not the biggest fan of Taylor live, but I love her in a studio and I think she is an amazing song writer.  Plus...I think she is a young female celebrity that young girls can actually look up to.  She is growing up gracefully and beautifully, and full of class.  CLICK HERE for the link to this awesome deal on Amazon.  I don't know how long they are going to offer it this way, so get to purchasing if you want her album!!  :)

Well, that is all I have for today!  I hope you have a wonderful evening!  ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea L.

17 comments

  1. Love this PRETTY Halloween card. Love the font of the sentiment and all the glitter.. Great card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally missed the first card lol. Its wonderful to. Love the text and this image is fantastic with the stars and killer boots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute cards! The stamps are adorable and I love all the glittery goodness on your "spooktacular" card!
    ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute Halloween cards! Love 'em! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spooky cards Lea. Love the great image and colors... fab job on the FTL sketch... love the sparkle. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the spooktacular card...simple but stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG these are awesome! I love the witchy boots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that halloween stamp from Papertrey! These cards are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These cards are too fun Lea! I love the witches feet and broom! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the font on that Halloween card ... and the strips of glitter across the top! I'll have to try that ... WOW! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. these are gorgeous, Lea! thanks for playing the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Your cards are fantastic! I really like how you put your stamped Halloween images on top of the squares. So cool! I also love all of the bling you added, the glitter and gems really make your card sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your Halloween cards Lea! The witch's boots are too cute & the shimmery embellishments look fabulous! Thanks for playing along with the WMSC :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooooo, Lea! I just love these cute cards, I like that harlequin background on the first one, it really pops!! Thanks so much for always leaving such kind comments on my blog, I hope you have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I totally adore both of these cards! Fabulously spooky!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both of these are fabulous!! I love the coloring on the first and all the glitter on the 2nd!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute cards, Lea! Love your blog too so I'm now a follower:o)

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥