Skipping Stones Design Sketch 45

October 5, 2010

**Please scroll down or CLICK HERE if you are looking for my "Frosties" Lawn Fawn Sneak Peek post!  Thanks!!**

Happy Tuesday {again}, my friends!!  As you can see, I have another post for today!!  That is because I am staying on with Skipping Stones Design as a guest designer for October as well.  I am very excited about that!  So, here is my card for this week's Skipping Stones Design Sketch 45:
  "Boo!" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper/Pins/Felt: Making Memories
Stamps: Skipping Stones Design (Happy Halloweenie/Boo set)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: frost white) 
Ribbon/Trim: Michael's
Button: Doodlebug Designs
Jewels: Prima
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Sandpaper

Instructions:  Round the corners and sand the edges of a patterned paper block, and adhere it to the front of a black card base.  Round the bottom corners and sand the edges of an orange paper block, and wrap black lace around the bottom.  Adhere the block to the front of the card.  Cut a circle from black cardstock and ink the edges with white ink.  Print the sentiment to cream cardstock, trim down, and round the top corners.  Adhere the sentiment to the black circle, and adhere the circle to the front of the card.  Tie ribbon over top of the seam, and accent the bow with a button and jewel.  Add the bat trim below the ribbon, and adhere two pins through the bow.  Add a felt ghost over top of the sentiment, and accent with jewel flourishes. 

**I used the digital images of the stamps for this one, but if you have the stamp set....you could easily stamp it out and color it in!** 

The sketch artist this month is Karen Giron, and here is the sketch she provided for this week:

As you know, I was a guest designer for SSD last month as well.  We did the big "Blogs 4 Boobies" blog bounce and auctioned off our cards to benefit the Susan G. Komen Foundation.  The owner of SSD also gave a certian amount of dollars for every stamp set sold during the week of the blog bounce as well...and the total that was raised is $1108.99!!!  That is pretty amazing, and thank to everyone who participated and made this amount possible!!  And a special thanks to my lovely mama, who ended up being the winning bidder on my card!!  

Well, time to get going again!  Thanks for coming back and reading my second post of the day! ♥♥♥

Until later,
~Lea L.

8 comments

  1. OMGoodness Lea, your style is over the top fantabulous! You absolutely rocked the sketch!!!! gorgeous work as always and we're thrilled to have you with us for another month as a guest designer...your work is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is sooooooooo awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lea. I love how you've mixed Halloween and elegance with this card. We don't celebrate Halloween here (in Australia) but I always decorate the front door just in case!

    Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog. I'm usually not a girl of many layers but that card had around 20 - tough work!

    Also, congrats on your design team position with Lawn Fawn. The day I read your comment on my blog I made a regular trip to Kelly Marie's blog and saw your smiling face again. I'm sure it will be a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this card is soooooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Swoon!!!! I love EVERYTHING about this card! Where do I start...? The colors, papers, patterns, cute little ghost, fabulous bling, gorgeous ribbon, darling stick pins, black trim, perfect button, cute stamps...!!!! YES, this makes me VERY happy!!! LOL!! :) ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lea, your card is simply amazing! You incorporated so many fabulous details! Love the cute little ghost, the bling, and the fabulous black patterned paper. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are so excited to have you back again this month! I love this card, perfect Halloween but so elegant! Love that lace trim and the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!!! I just love this card. Everything about this card is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥