Taylored Expression October "Blast from the Past" Blog Hop

October 22, 2010

Happy Friday, everyone!!  Today I am participating in the October "Blast from the Past" Blog Hop with Taylored Expression.  The theme this month is Christmas/Holiday/Winter, so without further ado...here is my card:
"Peace on Earth" supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: GCD Studios
Stamps: Taylored Expression (Christmas Blessings set)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: chestnut, chianti) 
Ribbon: Renaissance by Design
Pins: Making Memories
Pearls: Kaiser Craft
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Circle Punch: Marvy Uchida
Sandapaper

Instructions:  Fold light brown cardstock in half to make card base, and round the bottom left and upper right corner.  Round the same corners of a red paper block, and sand the edges.  Sand the edges of a striped paper strip, and adhere it to the right side of the red block.  Add a a strip of ribbon to the top of the striped paper, and tie a bow to the top of it.  Adhere this entire block to the front of the card, and add two pins in the ribbon.  Stamp the image to a sheet music paper block and cut out.  Stamp the sentiment to brown paper, and punch out in a circle.  Adhere the sentiment circle to the stamped image, and adhere the entire block to the front of the card using dimensional adhesive.  Accent the lower right corner with three brown pearls.  

Can I just say how much I love the texture in the stamping?!  I was a little worried about how it would turn out because the patterned paper has such a defined texture...but the minute I picked the stamp up a huge smile spread across my face.  It was exactly how I wanted it to turn out!

We were given a wonderful sketch by Sankari Wegman again this month, and I did use it for my card.  Here is the sketch:
Be sure to check out all the other blog hoppers, as well!  I am about to sit down with some coffee and do the same! ♥♥♥ 
Until later,
~Lea L.

26 comments

  1. WOW.this is such a beautiful card. Loved the ribbon and the pin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leah your card is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing. Miss you.

    Hugs
    Elisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the textures on this card! and the colors are super!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lea, stamping on the textured pattern paper turned out awesome!! Love the look! Fantastic card! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lea, this is soooooo gorgeous and what a lovely sketch!!! So love that pretty ribbon, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!! Love how you did the background and how you stamped on patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The textures of the papers are perfect and I love how the image is stamped over the notes! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely lovely card Lea! I love the feel of it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How BEAUTIFUL! Gorgeous colors and I LOVE the pop of red with the ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Lea. The embossing the music sheet image... the colors... just perfect! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this is such a classy looking Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful, Lea! I agree, the stamp on that pattern paper is absolutely divine! I've always loved that stamp, too.
    ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  13. The kissing on the main image is fabulous!! I'm always scared to do that, but I think you may have won me over. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty card, I love the ribbon and the star pin!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is so beautiful! I love the look where you stamped over the paper, it's such a pretty touch!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is sooo gorgeous. BEAUTIFUL job with the sketch. I need to take a look at this stunner again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a lovely interpretation of the sketch - beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I love this! LOVE that big polka dot bow and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the effect you achieved by stamping over the textured dp...what a gorgeous Christmas card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. STUUUUUUUUNING!!!!!!!!! I LOVE the texture on the stamp and the sheet music you stamped it on!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So elegant and beautiful. I love that bow and star!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my! This is my first visit to your blog. You are the BEST bow tie-er. This card is beautiful. I am already a fan. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥