PTI Make It Monday #2: Vellum Sentiment Strip

February 19, 2011

Happy Saturday everyone!!  I hope that you had a great Friday!  Our quickie trip over to Butte for my great-grandfather's funeral was a good one.  The roads on the way over were snowy for about 40 miles, and then they became clear.  On the way home they were completely clear until about 5 miles before Missoula...when, guess what?  Yep- it was snowing like crazy....but we were just fine.  Missoula has been SO weird this year.  We have gotten SO much snow, and the rest of the state really hasn't.  It is normally the other way around...so I guess it was just our time for the snow.  Tee hee!

I have a sweet little card that I created for PTI's Make It Monday #2, which is a challenge to use a vellum sentiment strip on your project.  Well, I LOVE vellum sentiment strips, and I love figuring out fun ways to use them!  I also used WPlus9's Color Cue #12 {kraft, lilac, turquoise, white} and Get Sketchy #74 {which is late for the weekly challenge, but still really wanted to use it!}.  Here is what I came up with!
"Thank You for Touching my Life" supplies: 
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (white) & Bazzill Basics (lilac, kraft, turquoise) 
Vellum: The Paper Company
Stamps/Button: Papertrey Ink (YOF: Morning Glories set) 
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: frost white)
Chipboard Heart: Maya Road
Twine: Darice Inc. 
Flower: Prima
Pearls: Kaiser Craft
Glitter: Doodlebug Designs
Corner Rounder: EK Success 

Instructions:  Fold white cardstock in half to make a 4.5" square card, and then round the bottom corners.  Cut {3} 4x1" cardstock strips, and round the left corners of the lilac strip and the right corners of the turquoise strips.  Adhere to the right side of the card, making a striped block.  Cut a 1" strip of vellum, and adhere a 1/8" strip of Scor-Tape at the top of it.  Cover the Scor-Tape in turquoise glitter, then stamp the sentiment below.  Wrap and adhere the vellum strip around the card, making sure the sentiment sits over top of the colored block.  Paint a chipboard heart white, cover in glitter, and then adhere to the left of the sentiment.  Tie a bow from twine, layer in between a button & paper flower, then adhere to the glittered heart.  Accent below the sentiment end with three jewels to finish.

I really love how this cute little card turned out, and it could be recreated with so many other colors and different sentiments...I love cards like that!  And every time you recreate it, it will still look completely different!

Well, it is about time for breakfast...so I am going to get going for now.  I hope that you have a super lovely Saturday!! ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea L.

17 comments

  1. Wow wow wow WOW!! That is beauuutiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful!!! Love all the glitter!!!! Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card Lea, love the glitters and the sweet colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lea,
    I just wanted to let you know that I think this card is such a stunner! I love all the detail, it's just simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bit of sparkle on the vellum, great job with the challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lea - this is a STUNNING card. Super fabu inspiration!!

    Crafty Hugs!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just fabulous Lea! I love that sentiment strip and then you go and add glitter! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunning card, love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love sharp stunning colors, and you made this card so simple..LOVEit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love sharp stunning colors, and you made this card so simple..LOVEit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazingly gorgeous! I just love your style. I'll be back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything from the colors to the glitter, just GORGEOUS Lea!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the composition and the way you used the colors Lea. This is so well balanced, and your embellishment grouping is spot perfect!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Wplus9!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just came back to take another look at your gorgeous card and saw that my comment didn't post! Well, we don't want any of that, so I'll try again ;). LOVE your design, that glittery heart, and the way you've incorporated it into your embellishment cluster! LOVE the vellum and your glitter strip, too! I guess there's nothing I don't love about your creation! Thank you so much for playing along in our Color Cue this month!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow-eeeee Lea this card is STUNNING!! Love the use of vellum and the gorgeous embellishments...especially that sparkly lil heart!! Thank you so much for playing along with wPlus9's Color Cue this month!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥