PTI Make It Monday #3: Glitter Strips with Scor Tape

February 26, 2011

Happy Saturday night, everyone!  I hope that you have had an awesome weekend so far!  Ours has been lots of fun!  We went out last night and celebrated our friend's birthday.  The celebration continued this morning as we all had brunch together at our house, and then we all just lazed around together.  During the lazing around, I was able to get a couple of cards done that were specially ordered by our friends Grant & Meagan.  They have had some friends and family have new babies lately, and needed a couple of baby cards to send with gifts.

The first baby card was a great one to take advantage of the latest PTI Make It Monday #3, to add glitter strips with Scor Tape.  There is nothing traditional about this card at all, and the glitter strip just gave it an even more modern feel to it.  This card is going to a family who are die hard Auburn Tigers fans....which I can relate to, as this household is as well {my hubby was born in Opelika, AL and raised an Auburn Tigers fan from birth}.  So, I went with an Auburn Tigers color theme for the card, and my friends are so excited to send it to their friends!!  Yay...I love that!  The other thing about this card...if you frequent my blog at all, you will know that I made a similar card last week, just a square version with different colors.  I enjoy going back and "lifting" myself of past cards that have become some of my favorites!  And the truth is...while they are similar, they still don't look exactly the same.  And THAT is what I love about handmade.
"Babies are Such a Nice Way to Start People" supplies: 
Cardstock: The Paper Company (white) & Bazzill Basics (orange) 
Paper: Basic Grey (June Bug: Admiral)
Vellum: The Paper Company
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (Inside & Out: Baby set) 
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: frost white)
Chipboard: Rusty Pickle
Twine: Darice Inc. 
Pin: Making Memories
Jewel/Glitter: Doodlebug Designs
Corner Rounder: EK Success

Instructions:  Fold white cardstock in half to make card base.  Cut {3} 3.5x1" strips, and round the opposite corners of the two blue dot paper strips.  Adhere to the right side of the card, making a striped block.  Cut a 1" strip of vellum, and adhere a 1/8" strip of Scor-Tape at the top of it.  Cover the Scor-Tape in glitter, then stamp the sentiment below.  Wrap and adhere the vellum strip around the card, making sure the sentiment sits over top of the colored block.  Paint a chipboard heart white, cover in glitter, and then adhere to the left of the sentiment.  Tie a bow from twine and adhere it to the right side of the heart.  Cover a chipboard star in glitter, add a jewel to the middle, and adhere it to the top of the twine bow.  Adhere a pin to the entire accent, slightly tucked in under the twine bow and glittered star to finish. 

The second baby card isn't for the glitter strip challenge, it is just another one where I happened to case myself again.  I made a boy version of this card awhile back, and it quickly became one of my faves.  So, when my friends needed a second card that was more traditional...I jumped at the chance to make a similar card in a girl version!! Here is what I came up with! 
"Welcome to the World" supplies: 
Cardstock: The Paper Company
Paper: My Mind's Eye (Lush: pink floral) 
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (Night, Night Moon and Inside & Out: Baby sets) 
Ink: Tsukineko (Momento Dye: dandelion, VersaMagic: pixie dust, & Versafine: onyx black) 
Embossing Powder: Stampendous (clear) 
Ribbon: Renaissance by Design
Flower: Prima
Pearls: Kaiser Craft
Diecut Machine: Cricut Expression by Provo Craft
Diecut Cartridge: Storybook by Provo Craft 

Instructions: Fold cream cardstock in half to make card base.  Stamp the stars & moon border to the bottom of the card.  Stamp the pink sentiment to the upper left corner, cover in clear embossing powder and heat set it.  Cut the scalloped circle at 2" using the Cricut Expression & Storybook cartridge, and adhere it to the right side of the stamped border.  Cut the circle at 1.75" and stamp the moon, stars and small sentiment to it.  Accent the stars with pearls, and adhere to the top of the scalloped circle using foam adhesive.  Tie a bow and accent the upper left corner of the circle with it.  Add a paper rose to the middle of the bow to finish.

Well, that is everything I have to share with you tonight.  I hope that you have a great rest of your night, and a wonderful Sunday!  I will probably be back tomorrow with something to share!! ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea L.

P.S.  I am still giving away two sets of Skipping Stones Design stamps!!  You have until 11:59PM Sunday night to comment on THIS POST and possibly win them!!  So, click on over and get your comment in!! {After you comment on this post, of course.  Tee hee!}

18 comments

  1. Beautiful baby cards, I so need that set!
    Thanks for visiting my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are terrific! I particularly LOVE the non-traditional boy card! And how fun that your friends are so excited about it too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lea, thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I have enjoyed seeing your cards in CARDS magazines and following (stalking??) your work, and I had to pinch myself and do a double-take when I saw you had commented on my blog! ;-) Haha! I appreciate it.

    Your cards are so lovely - I always love to see what you create next. You are a fountain of creative inspiration!

    Thanks again. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lea, both cards look GORGEOUS! I love the fun layout, vellum sentiment overlay and glitter heart on the first one. The second one is just so soft and pretty!
    Have a wonderful week!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lea,
    Just wanted to say that these cards are beautiful! I simply love them

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these cards are stunning! The glitter strip on the vellum is gorgeous. After seeing your second card, both of those PTI baby sets are now on my must have list. So so so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards!! How do you attach your vellum?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh Lea! I loe the glitter stip on vellum. Way to build on the make it mnday concepts. Brilliant as always!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Lea! Love the card !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lea, thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave a comment, it's much appreciated! So I decided to come and have a visit and OMG I love, love, love your work!!! These baby cards are so beautiful. Love the glitter strip on the vellum and the lightly embossed verse on the second baby card ... very soft!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cards are so precious! i love both styles. Great colours and you do an awesome job stamping, especially the verse on the second one!
    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your baby cards, Lea. The glitter strip on the vellum looks super great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. go Leah...saw ya on Moxie fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooo! These are gorgeous, Lea! LOVE the bold colors for a non-traditional, baby card on your first take! Plus, your little collection of goodies, around your bows, on both cards, is FANTASTIC! TFS! And a HUGE congrats to you on your spotlight in the Moxie Fab World! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job on both of them! Congratulations on being spotlighted on the Moxie Fab World Blog. It was great to learn more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love, love, LOVE these ... the boy card is pure cute-ness, the girl card just makes me sigh! Soooooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I adore this wholeheartedly as you can well imagine! Go Tigers - even the Auburn ones. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥